collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: An Evening with Dean Saunders & Dalian Atkinson  (Read 17239 times)

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
Re: An Evening with Dean Saunders & Dalian Atkinson
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2011, 03:37:09 PM »
Could someone please remind the penny pinching whingers about the season that Deano seemed to win Goal Of The Month almost every time on MOTD? And if my ailing memory serves me right also won goal of the season that year.
£38.00 for a chance to meet two of Villas best forwards over the last 20 years seems reasonable to me.

Offline eastie

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2011, 03:45:35 PM »
Could someone please remind the penny pinching whingers about the season that Deano seemed to win Goal Of The Month almost every time on MOTD? And if my ailing memory serves me right also won goal of the season that year.
£38.00 for a chance to meet two of Villas best forwards over the last 20 years seems reasonable to me.

I  think dalian won goal of the season not deano , i do remember being right behind that shot of deano s from about 40 yards or more , i think at home to ipswich , great goal

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2011, 04:11:06 PM »
It was indeed Dalian's effort against Wimbledon that was Goal of the Season.  The first Villa player to win it since Tony Morley 12 years before, and we haven't had another one since.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 06:36:31 PM »
That was such an attractive football team. Remember sitting in the Trinity, first home game versus QPR. I think we won 4-1, Stan scored a cracker. Big Ron did make watching football very enjoyable. Didn't end so well, but good while it lasted.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2011, 06:41:45 PM »

I've met both Saunders and Atkinson a couple of times, and it certainly didn't cost me £38.
As the old saying goes, a fool and his money are soon parted.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2011, 06:43:49 PM »
I bet you've paid more than that to watch a Villa match though.

Offline rutski

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2011, 06:44:19 PM »
wish i was here but away on holiday. Sounds a top night and more than reasonable amount charged.
Some people are stuck in the eighties and wont go out for a pint cause they can buy a can for fifty pence. Top man with some money going to charity. dont worry about the abuse cause i find some of the comments ludicrous!
i will send a donation to the charity. have a great night!

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2011, 06:50:48 PM »
I bet you've paid more than that to watch a Villa match though.

Yes. And I've seen many on here moan about ticket prices when they've cost even less than the £38 quoted for a curry and a chat.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 06:57:33 PM »
wish i was here but away on holiday. Sounds a top night and more than reasonable amount charged.
Some people are stuck in the eighties and wont go out for a pint cause they can buy a can for fifty pence. Top man with some money going to charity. dont worry about the abuse cause i find some of the comments ludicrous!
i will send a donation to the charity. have a great night!

Oh stop with the hysterics. There's been no abuse.

Offline rutski

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 06:59:38 PM »
i have heard of tight arses in my time, but i bet the tightest person on here always is last to buy his round, sits and works out exactley what they have eaten and gives the exact money when eating with friends and buys the cheapest food at the supermarket when doing a bbq with friends going home hungry! (if ever not so miserable to invite friends round, or even have friends!)
Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise life is not a rehearsal! tight Fucker! embarrasment!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 07:02:26 PM »
What was that about hysterics?

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #41 on: August 08, 2011, 07:08:47 PM »
i have heard of tight arses in my time, but i bet the tightest person on here always is last to buy his round, sits and works out exactley what they have eaten and gives the exact money when eating with friends and buys the cheapest food at the supermarket when doing a bbq with friends going home hungry! (if ever not so miserable to invite friends round, or even have friends!)
Some people need to take a long hard look at themselves and realise life is not a rehearsal! tight Fucker! embarrasment!

Err, thanks for that....
I'm still not going to pay £38 for a curry though.

Offline rutski

« Reply #42 on: August 08, 2011, 07:14:25 PM »
i wasnt on about you, i have a mate who is on and was winding him up for a laugh cause his barbie was shit lol ! but if the cap fits!

Err, thanks for that....
I'm still not going to pay £38 for a curry though.

Offline Stu

• GM : 09.04.2021
« Reply #43 on: August 08, 2011, 07:18:40 PM »

Don't feed the troll.

Offline Yorkshirecoop

« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2011, 07:29:49 PM »
Its each to their own, if you dont want to come along you dont have to. Like the people who refuse to pay ticket money for matches when they can watch it on the TV, it is all personal views at the end of the day.

Shaun Teale presenting it, Q and A with two very entertaining former players and then Deano does his after dinner pitch, which is worth the ticket fee alone - trust me he is very funny.

Curry, Keebab or a ten course dinner, this is a charity fundraiser which is designed to entertain fans and raise a few bob at the end. Food is not important, in my opinion

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal