collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: An Evening with Dean Saunders & Dalian Atkinson  (Read 17241 times)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
Re: An Evening with Dean Saunders & Dalian Atkinson
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2011, 11:58:47 AM »
Two of my favourite former Villa players those two, I'd definitely go if I could get over.

The price of the flight might be cheaper than a ticket for the do itself.

You've obviously never had to catch a flight from the IOM.  I could probably pay for a table of 10 and still spend less money than a flight.

Personally I think it sounds like a good deal.  When you take into consideration the costs of hiring a venue, paying for the food and waiting staff, then the speakers' fees, that's cheap.  As a company we take clients to events like this over here, and normally expect to pay well over £50 a head.

Offline Yorkshirecoop

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2011, 12:06:07 PM »
It was either this price with a curry meal, or around the £50 mark for a three course dinner.

With this being an event for the ' fans ' , we felt the cheaper option and more casual approach of a curry meal would work best.

We have Gazza on at the Burlington in October, and that one is £750 for a table of ten. Guessing you wont be coming along to that one either !!!

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2011, 12:08:41 PM »
Two of my favourite former Villa players those two, I'd definitely go if I could get over.

You know, if you don't like it you could always stop posting sniping comments on the thread. Stop pissing on people's chips, you miserable git.

I'd love to go, but I think the tix will have gone by the time I get paid :(

Nothing miserable or spiteful at all. Just giving my opinion that I think it's well overpriced for what it is.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2011, 12:09:37 PM »
It was either this price with a curry meal, or around the £50 mark for a three course dinner.

With this being an event for the ' fans ' , we felt the cheaper option and more casual approach of a curry meal would work best.

We have Gazza on at the Burlington in October, and that one is £750 for a table of ten. Guessing you wont be coming along to that one either !!!

Erm, no.

Online Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2011, 12:10:09 PM »

Personally I think it sounds like a good deal.  When you take into consideration the costs of hiring a venue, paying for the food and waiting staff, then the speakers' fees, that's cheap.  As a company we take clients to events like this over here, and normally expect to pay well over £50 a head.

I'm surprised it is so cheap.  Deano and Dalian can't be making too much on it and I doubt there will be very little profit at the end of it either.

Offline Risso

« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2011, 12:13:59 PM »

Erm, no.

Perhaps you'd like to present a breakdown of the costs involved before declaring it to be expensive.  It's not like they're wondering down the road for a curry in Sparkbrook.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2011, 12:16:21 PM »

Erm, no.

Perhaps you'd like to present a breakdown of the costs involved before declaring it to be expensive.  It's not like they're wondering down the road for a curry in Sparkbrook.

Yes please!

Offline Yorkshirecoop

« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2011, 12:19:39 PM »

Erm, no.

Yes please!

Haha why would we want to do that ?! So people can find out what the ex players earn from these kind of things ?

Im sure you wouldnt want your wages broadcasted on a forum !

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2011, 12:40:21 PM »
Dean Saunders will then take to the mic for his fantastic after dinner pitch.

Deano doing all the hardwork as per usual, nothing's changed.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2011, 12:49:43 PM »
Two players that bring back great memories. I'd love to be there, and £38 including dinner is very reasonable indeed.

Online Nev

• GM : 03.02.2022
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2011, 01:50:42 PM »

Erm, no.

And nor will Gazza on past form!

I remember a Deano and Dalian night at the old bingo hall. They did a quiz at the end and in time honoured school style you had to swop with your neighbour for marking puposes. Only my mate didn't bother and just wrote all the answers down as they were read out and submitted the sheet.

He won a signed football, and with a neck of purest brass, had his photo taken and it appeared in the programme at the next home game.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »
I would also liked to have gone met Deano and Dalian once before top men.

Offline eastie

« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2011, 03:07:28 PM »
saunders is the only player i ever saw who ran rings round mcgrath- it was at the baseball ground and i think  89-90 season, saunders repeatedly turned him inside out and needless to say i was delighted when we signed him from liverpool a few years later

another memory of that day was a young lad who looked about 12 warming up in front of the away end with teeth as bright as floodlights-the soon to be wonderful dwight yorke.

anything other than curry ?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:13:06 PM by eastie »

Offline Risso

« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2011, 03:14:56 PM »
I'd have to say that they are probably my favourite Villa forward pairing, I just have so many great memories of watching them play.

Offline eastie

« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2011, 03:20:41 PM »
I'd have to say that they are probably my favourite Villa forward pairing, I just have so many great memories of watching them play.

Really riss, i thought you were only about  13.

yes good days, a dreadful journey to croydon to see us at wimbledon and i remember being behind the goal when dalian scored that goal - i thought hed mishit it at first and my oh fu.. soon changed to oh funtastic as the  ball hit the net-froggatt also had a blinder that afternoon.Great days under big ron they really were.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:23:42 PM by eastie »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal