collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fulham v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread  (Read 52882 times)

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
Re: Fulham v Aston Villa Pre-Match Thread
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2011, 03:24:54 PM »
I dont mind clark or delph in the deeper role ahead of petrov.
Gabby is not the answere out wide so i hope albrighton rediscovers his edge soon.

Yeah,i'd like to see Clark play there for a couple of games to see how he goes. The fact that it'll probably be Petrov says a lot about our squad,and where were going this season.

Offline eastie

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2011, 03:26:02 PM »
Can't see us winning this one.  I'm very concerned about our squad, it's just nowhere near good enough.  2 -1 to them.

always nice to see you so positive before the start of a new season.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2011, 03:32:15 PM »
Can't see us winning this one.  I'm very concerned about our squad, it's just nowhere near good enough.  2 -1 to them.

A manger no one wanted,4 first teamers out,two in,a week defence and midfield,I can kinda see where he's coming from. But youre right eastie,we should be positive,at least until 3.30 on Sat!!

Online Deano's Mullet

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2011, 03:32:50 PM »
2-1 Fulham

Offline eastie

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2011, 03:34:26 PM »

A manger no one wanted,4 first teamers out,two in,a week defence and midfield,I can kinda see where he's coming from. But youre right eastie,we should be positive,at least until 3.30 on Sat!!

dont be ridiculous, at least wait till half time!

Online AV82EC

• GM : 22.02.2024
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2011, 03:44:56 PM »
I'll be honest I'm more looking forward to the beer and company for the day but with some probably misplaced optimism I'll go for 3-2 Villa with Bent 2 and Heskey to score for us.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2011, 03:59:35 PM »
Away win, but I remember feeling stupidly optimistic after we stuffed West Ham last year so whatever the score I'll remain stoically neutral until at least 5 games in (yeah right).

Offline The Laughing Policeman

• GM : 25.03.2017
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2011, 04:11:03 PM »
I'm going for the fence sitters response...1-1, Bent scores for us and then we give them a stupid goal in the last 10 mins.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2011, 05:05:12 PM »

dont be ridiculous, at least wait till half time!

There are so many reasons to be concerned about this season, why do I HAVE to be positive if I genuinely don't feel that way.  I am concerned that our defence looks shabby, our creativity with Young and Downing gone is questionable and we are one or two injuries (Bent and Given) away from a real crisis.  I'm sorry, I just don't have a good feeling about this season.  I won't pretend otherwise.  Just to clarify, it won't stop me from purchasing club merchandise, spending a fortune on flying over for games and actually supporting my club.  Probably a lot of people banging on about "being positive" that actually put sod all into the club so as a supporter in every sense I reserve the right to feel the way I do.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2011, 05:11:43 PM »
Think we should use Gardner for hour each game and use petrov in last half hour.

Offline eastie

« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2011, 05:15:16 PM »
Think we should use Gardner for hour each game and use petrov in last half hour.

i hope gardner establishes himself this season as he and clark could be the real stars of our next few years.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2011, 05:19:25 PM »

i hope gardner establishes himself this season as he and clark could be the real stars of our next few years.

What role is Gardner expected to fill?  I don't get to reserve games for obvious reasons and so I haven't really had a chance to see him play too much.  Is he a Petrov type player or is he more attacking?  Who would he replace in the side?

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2011, 05:20:56 PM »
I'd try something like this

Given
YoungCollinsDunneWarnock
AlbrightonMakounClarkPetrovAgbonlahor
Bent

I'd be happy with a point.

why no nzogbia?

Sorry, N'Zogbia should be there instead of Albrighton. Gabby out wide is not ideal, but I would want him in front of Warnock in case the latter proves himself to be the liability he has been for the past year.

And you think that Gabby would be a hardworking wide midfielder if Warnock did have a nightmare?!  Blimey.  Gabby is a forward, who is mostly shite on the wing.  if you're additionally hoping that he'll provide a measure of defence in front of Warnock, you're in for a deeply disappointing afternoon.

Gabby either needs to play next to Bent, or not play at all.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2011, 05:21:44 PM »

If he's any good, he'll be sold before long.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2011, 05:23:25 PM »

If he's any good, he'll be sold before long.

Yup.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal