collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Bent injured?/England squad  (Read 13915 times)

Offline gervilla

Re: Bent injured?/England squad
« Reply #45 on: August 07, 2011, 09:17:09 PM »
Are Ireland playing?

Yes v Croatia

Clark has been called up to the squad after a few withdrawals.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #46 on: August 08, 2011, 03:04:29 PM »
Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

Shittest bunch of England strikers in many a long year that.

Somebody said to me the other day they couldn't for the life of them understand what all the star status was about concerning Andy Carroll, he reckoned he's only scored 36 goals since 06/07 season, my initial response was utter crap, if that was the case he wouldn't have merited a 34ML price tag to Liverpool, unless they are stupid, from what i can tell that stat is correct, which if so, that's incredible for a front man.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #47 on: August 08, 2011, 03:06:47 PM »
Sky Sports News report that Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley will be called up to the England squad for the friendly with the Netherlands on Wednesday.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2011, 03:17:59 PM »
Sky Sports News report that Manchester United midfielder Tom Cleverley will be called up to the England squad for the friendly with the Netherlands on Wednesday.

He Looked reasonable yesterday, thought Ashley Young was buzzing, every time the commentator mentioned Young's name when he had the ball i immediately kept thinking where's Gabbs........

Offline Woofles The Wonder Dog

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2011, 03:31:17 PM »
Andy Carroll, Peter Crouch, Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

Shittest bunch of England strikers in many a long year that.

Somebody said to me the other day they couldn't for the life of them understand what all the star status was about concerning Andy Carroll, he reckoned he's only scored 36 goals since 06/07 season, my initial response was utter crap, if that was the case he wouldn't have merited a 34ML price tag to Liverpool, unless they are stupid, from what i can tell that stat is correct, which if so, that's incredible for a front man.

He's 22. in 2006 he would have been 17! He only got a regular start in the season they were in Division 2 so his record isn't bad. DOn't think he'll stay fit long enough to be great but if he does then he'll be a real handful.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2011, 03:40:28 PM »
Crouch has a fantastic England record, 22 goals in 42 games, and Rooney is arguably the best English striker for a generation.  Defoe and Sturridge are very good strikers and can't make the squad and with Bent being injured I don't think we're too badly off for strikers.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2011, 04:19:47 PM »
I can't wait until Milner is dropped through lack of first team action and poor form. After all, he went to Citeh to ensure his place in the England setup.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #52 on: August 08, 2011, 04:24:59 PM »
Crouch has a fantastic England record, 22 goals in 42 games, and Rooney is arguably the best English striker for a generation.  Defoe and Sturridge are very good strikers and can't make the squad and with Bent being injured I don't think we're too badly off for strikers.

Isn't there an argument about the quality of opposition for Crouch's goals? And when was the last time Rooney has performed to his abilities in an England shirt. 3 years ago? Defoe is very hit and miss and like Bent sometimes, if he doesn't score, the team can be down to 10 men. And Sturridge needs to be playing regularly beofre you can really consider playing him in competitive England teams.

On paper we might not be too badly for strikers but how many goals did we score from our strikers in tournaments in the last few years.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal