collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 1% Villa. Champions League Revenues  (Read 1804 times)

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
1% Villa. Champions League Revenues
« on: August 04, 2011, 03:26:49 PM »
Interesting BBC article. To do with Rangers not qualifying. But provides details of the payments and revenues obtained from progressing through the Champions League.

1% Villa reflects Villa's chances of qualifying, and other payments that might make their way to the Premiership generally.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14402785.stm

Offline Damo70

Re: 1% Villa. Champions League Revenues
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 04:54:42 PM »
I' m not sure how Neil Doncaster thinks that the amount of Scottish managers in England backs up his claims about the current strength of the SPL. Apart from anything else how long has it been since the two highest profile ones Ferguson and Dalglish left Scottish football? (I wouldn't think he would want to include Dalglish's year back at Celtic a while back as support for his argument either.)

Offline brice jovial

Champions League Draw
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 10:34:08 AM »
Speaking of revenues an which clubs will be involved well there is a very interesting , as always , Uefa champions league qualifying draw later @ around 11:00
 I do believe that 2011/12  final venue will be held in Germany@ the Allianz Arena home of Bayern Munich (also 1860)

The draw later includes these teams :
Bayern Munich
Arsenal
Lyon
Benfica
Villarreal
FC Twente
Rubin Kazan
Udinese
FC Zurich
Odense
FC Copenhagen
FC BATE
Maccabi Haifa
Dinamo Zagreb
Apoel Nicosia
Wisla Krakow
Sturm Graz
Genk
FC Viktoria Plzen
Malmo

The main source of wealth like in the epl is the tv money and so the arsenal and bayern munich will be qualifying

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal