collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Follow us on...

Author Topic: North Stand - what to do ?  (Read 14157 times)

Offline eastie

Re: North Stand - what to do ?
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2011, 07:06:09 AM »
Let's get it right on the pitch first and once we fill our ground often enough then think about expansion.

Offline Villan For Life

• GM : 07.08.2024
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 08:13:24 AM »
I like it. It's all that's left of the Villa Park that I first knew in the late 1970's. That said it does need replacing but not yet. As others have already posted, we need to get matters right on the pitch first.

Offline Sister of Top Cat

• GM : 25.01.2025
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 08:28:47 AM »
I don't care what they do to it as long as they put the screen back between the North Stand and the Witton Lane Stand.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2011, 08:33:08 AM »
Let's get it right on the pitch first and once we fill our ground often enough then think about expansion.

I agree.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2011, 08:38:50 AM »
I don't want the corners filled in, I think its great the way it is personally.

Get the team right, i'd rather see the money spent on players. we cant fill the ground anyway!

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2011, 08:51:20 AM »
We don't fill the normal seats, we don't fill the corporate seats, we are selling players to fund the day to day operations of the club, so spending millions on a new stand might not be the best idea at the moment.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2011, 09:08:40 AM »
I sit in the North Stand and it's okay.

Think we have more pressing issues to worry about plus what's the point in increasing the capacity when we sold out once last season?

Offline DB

• GM : 11.01.2021
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2011, 09:24:33 AM »

I agree.

How long will we be waiting to "get it right on the pitch"???

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2011, 10:52:31 AM »
Probably the ugliest stand in the league and if it wasn't for the club offices being there I'm sure Randy would have had it bulldozed by now.
Reducing it to a pile of rubble and letting grass and weeds grow on top of the mound would at least improve it for the time being until we win the Champions League and can afford to put something decent there.

Whenever we do replace it we have to name it the Witton End again.

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2011, 11:02:52 AM »
Give the back of it a bloody good scrub and leave the development for another day.

I'd go for this. Rename it the Witton End aswell.

Offline saunders_heroes

• GM : 25.02.2025
« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2011, 11:05:21 AM »

I agree.

Build it now. If we wait till we "get it right on the pitch", it'll never be built.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #26 on: July 29, 2011, 12:08:28 PM »
It's been 11 summers since the destruction of the Trinity...the longest period of inactivity in modernising Villa Park?

I meant specific to the seating/capacity.
Hasn't there been a lot of work done in modernising the restaurants and the Holte pub?   And BM of course, but just at VP there's been a fair amount of upgrading.

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #27 on: July 29, 2011, 12:14:25 PM »
It's been 11 summers since the destruction of the Trinity...the longest period of inactivity in modernising Villa Park?

I meant specific to the seating/capacity.
Hasn't there been a lot of work done in modernising the restaurants and the Holte pub?   And BM of course, but just at VP there's been a fair amount of upgrading.

But in the grand scheme of things a pub means nothing. Re-building the North Stand would be a statement of intent.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2011, 01:59:42 PM »
Give the back of it a bloody good scrub and leave the development for another day when we've got money to spunk on a new stand.  Would much rather see the money go on Scott Parker instead.

What he said, Im a season ticket holder in the North stand and I know people moan about the facilites but for me i get to sit/stand watching the villa and a pint at half-time im not really fussed what its like unless we had money to burn which we dont

Offline saunders_heroes

« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2011, 02:24:10 PM »
Give the back of it a bloody good scrub and leave the development for another day when we've got money to spunk on a new stand.  Would much rather see the money go on Scott Parker instead.

What he said, Im a season ticket holder in the North stand and I know people moan about the facilites but for me i get to sit/stand watching the villa and a pint at half-time im not really fussed what its like unless we had money to burn which we dont

With respect mate if we all thought like that we'd still be treated like cattle whilst watch the match without a roof over our heads.
We have to move with the times. The North Stand needs to be re-built.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal