collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Confidence-o-meter  (Read 21313 times)

Online john e

• GM : 28.06.2024
Re: Confidence-o-meter
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2011, 10:54:56 AM »
To be fair though, wasn't Hleb made of glass for most of the time he was over the road, and The Nation's Favourite Gaffer 'Appy 'Arry wasn't able to get Bentley playing well either, so it's not as if it was all McLeish's fault on that one.

As for the topic of this thread, I've been pleasantly surprised so far. My biggest concern with McLeish was that he'd get us playing gash football, but from what I've seen so far (yes, only 2 friendlies, but that's all we can judge him on to date), he's got us playing good stuff. If he continues in a similar fashion, I'll certainly be more confident about the future.

agree with this, the quality of football was my biggest concern to.

very positive  in the first couple of friendlies, i'm still not holding my breath though,
everthing he has done so far has been very profesional and well recieved.
but his track record of playing dour football remains,

i know people think its all about the players he has to work with, but its not the case, look at Bolton under Sam Allardyce and now under Owen Coyle.
remember that Blackpool and Birmingham both went down, but which one would you have rather watched last season,

i'm still hopefull he can deliver some entertaining football,
and its so far so good, but the acid tests are yet to arrive, we were struggling to fill VP last season, so i dont think there will be a mad rush to come and watch a negative defensive team play in the style of 'we are difficult to beat'
« Last Edit: July 29, 2011, 10:56:48 AM by john e »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal