collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New club for NRC?  (Read 14341 times)

Offline nigel

Re: New club for NRC?
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2011, 10:14:43 PM »
we are a better team without him,
got two big flags of celebration flying outside my house at the moment, one for Downing and the other for NRC, just waiting to unfurl the one for Gabby.

but good luck to him, no hard feelings
You were pleased to see our best player and one of our better players of last season leave, plus, would be pleased to see a player who struggled last season due to injury and would bleed claret and blue for the cause leave?

Hmmm, interesting!!!!!

Well you would say that wouldn't you, NIGEL?

Ha Ha nice return Eamonn

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2011, 10:19:13 PM »
Our best midfielder last season, shame he has gone.

What?

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 12:00:57 AM »
If he could of passed the ball to one of our players, he would not have had to defend so much. Delph will be twice the player he is. He never got any better in all his time with us. He was just an average player at best. Thats why he is now with Bolton his only offer ..........

Online Mellin

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 12:17:49 AM »
I thought he'd end up at Napoli or Valencia.

I think he's badly advised.

To be badly advised, you have to listen.

Offline WALTERS WARRIORS

« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 01:49:12 AM »
Bolton set to complete Reo-Coker signing as midfielder opts to remain in top flightBy Sportsmail Reporter

Last updated at 11:11 PM on 25th July 2011

Comments (0) Add to My Stories Share
Nigel Reo-Coker has agreed terms with Bolton ahead of a likely switch to the Reebok Stadium.

The 27-year-old midfielder has attracted interest from Leicester and Ipswich since being released by Aston Villa earlier in the summer but is keen to remain in the Premier League.

Says it all ........
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 01:55:06 AM by WALTERS WARRIORS »

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 02:38:10 AM »
Skysports.com understands that Nigel Reo-Coker has agreed terms with Bolton ahead of a likely switch to the Reebok Stadium.

The midfielder has attracted widespread interest since being released by Aston Villa earlier in the summer, with a number of clubs both at home and abroad keeping tabs on his situation.

A move to Italy, Germany, Spain or France appeared possible, before Bolton entered the chase to sign Reo-Coker a few days ago.

Skysports.com revealed over the weekend that he had travelled to the North West to hold talks with Bolton and it is now understood that a deal has been struck.

The Trotters are now set to finalise the signing of the 27-year-old with an announcement expected in the near future.

Could have gone to Italy, Germany, Spain or France...and he choose Bolton...think that says it all really.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 04:44:45 AM »
With NRC gone we can bring Delph in more now which will be better for us in the long run so we have a replacement in Fabian I wanted him to stay but looking at the bigger picture is what it's all about.

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 06:19:26 AM »
With NRC gone we can bring Delph in more now which will be better for us in the long run so we have a replacement in Fabian I wanted him to stay but looking at the bigger picture is what it's all about.

There's a lot of faith being put in Fabian Delph with precious little evidence so far. Reo-Coker contributed significantly last season and the midfield currently looks lightweight without him.

Some players are missed more when they are gone. I suspect he will be one of them.

Offline berneboy

• John 3:16
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 06:24:49 AM »
With NRC gone we can .......... Reo-Coker contributed significantly last season and the midfield currently looks lightweight without him.

Some players are missed more when they are gone. I suspect he will be one of them.

Agreed. He proved very important when called upon as a scrapping midfield player who broke up opposition play. Every team needs one. Where is ours?

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 07:44:15 AM »
About his level, at least he won't have to worry about his appalling passing skills going there. One of the most over rated players to pull on the claret and blue in quite a while. Lord knows, there have been a few...

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 12:42:04 PM »
One of the most over rated players to pull on the claret and blue in quite a while

Whereas other people may argue he was one of the most underrated.  Keeps the game interesting to have such different views.

Online N'ZMAV

« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 12:51:27 PM »
Our best midfielder last season, shame he has gone.
That wasn't difficult

Offline pedro25

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 12:57:16 PM »
Our best central midfielder last season, just from Petrov, not much competition really.  I've no doubt Delph will adequately replace NRC, problem is NRC replaced Milner/ Barry in the centre and Delph, whilst imo better than NRC is not at Milner/Barry's level.  Even with Barry/Milner we were only 6th and not higher, to get back to around 6th we'd need a Parker type signing in the middle, without we will be about 8th imo.

Offline TaxDodger

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 12:58:00 PM »
Good luck to him. I was so excited when we signed him for 8 million back in the summer of 2007, I thought he was going to be the next Gerrard.

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 01:01:10 PM »
I'd be having a serious word with my agent if I were him, he thought he was turning down Villa for a Champions league club and he was left with a choice of Bolton, Leicester or Ipswich. Shame really, he was one of the few who looked like he gave a shit about whether we went down or not for a large chunk of last season.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal