collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why we need to stand by the Club, the Chairman, the Team.  (Read 15868 times)

Offline sonlyme

Re: Why we need to stand by the Club, the Chairman, the Team.
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2011, 09:15:36 PM »
Griffster.  Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to write your post.  It was interesting.

Don't be downhearted if the Villa Trolls attack your positive post with one or two lines of dismissive bile.  Look with pity upon them.  I think half of them got lost on the way to St Andrews sometime during the 1980's and some never let a fact or a figure get in the way of an opinion.

I enjoyed your post - but then again I would - because I too think getting behind a team is always better than getting on top of one.

UTV.

Online Dave

• GM : 04.01.2024
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2011, 09:18:22 PM »
I'm perfectly positive about the new season and am looking forward to it immensely but is there really any need for this smug self-righteousness?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2011, 10:02:44 PM »
Clearly Dave, if you're not cracking out the bunting and generating faux American-style atmosphere on matchdays - regardless of what's actually going on on the pitch -you're probably a troll.

If you have major misgivings about recent events and decisions and think this will inevitably spill over into the forthcoming campaign - you're probably  a troll -and maybe a bluenose too.

In fact, even if you're cautiously optimistic (like me) or  prepared to see how events unfold before making any drastic conclusions (like Chris) you probably don't qualify for the Super Fans Best of the Best club either. It's an elite clientele, clearly.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2011, 10:14:58 PM »
I'm also cautiously optimistic. I usually am at this time of year regardless of who is manager and what's gone on over the summer.
This can often be drained out of me by 5pm on the first day of the season though.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2011, 10:17:09 PM »
I'm also cautiously optimistic. I usually am at this time of year regardless of who is manager and what's gone on over the summer.
This can often be drained out of me by 5pm on the first day of the season though.

Yup

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2011, 10:20:48 PM »
Clearly Dave, if you're not cracking out the bunting and generating faux American-style atmosphere on matchdays - regardless of what's actually going on on the pitch -you're probably a troll.

Worse than that, you're actually probably a nose.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2011, 11:07:05 PM »

Based on the two most likely first purchases -and the wages they'll command- it doesn't say to me that we're done competing.

I'm curious -or to use Smudger's word- intrigued to see how they knit together with the likes of Ireland (if he sorts it out) Albrighton and maybe even Bannan. Recent history tells us not to lionise our young players too early, but if just one of those goes on to have a big impact for us next season, we won't miss the creative impact of Ash and Downing as much.

Makoun with a full pre season under his belt an the possibility of a Parker or Dann adding to what we already possess would put us in a far healthier position than plenty of clubs in our self same 'best of the rest' category. At least from a squad point of view.

As for McLeish, my head agrees with john e but my heart says maybe this is just the break he needs.  I think back to Brian Little's Leicester early 90's. They were far from a fluid, entertaining side too. But when Sir Bri had better resources and better players to operate with at VP he was able to rise to the occasion and fashion a busy, attractive unit.

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 11:12:56 PM by KevinGage »

Offline godzvilla

« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2011, 11:13:32 PM »
Griffster.  Thanks for taking the time and making the effort to write your post.  It was interesting.

Don't be downhearted if the Villa Trolls attack your positive post with one or two lines of dismissive bile.  Look with pity upon them.  I think half of them got lost on the way to St Andrews sometime during the 1980's and some never let a fact or a figure get in the way of an opinion.

I enjoyed your post - but then again I would - because I too think getting behind a team is always better than getting on top of one.

UTV.
Thankyou Sonlyme , for some sanity , I could,nt put it better myself  . A thoroughly well written and thought out piece , Griffster , Bravo...I,m with you 100% + !  ....................Godzvilla!

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2011, 11:15:44 PM »

Personally, I think getting on top of any the American Football Lingerie teams would be better than pretty much anything.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal