collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Why we need to stand by the Club, the Chairman, the Team.  (Read 15887 times)

Offline Californian Villain

• Mustang 68
  • GM : Apr, 2012
Re: Why we need to stand by the Club, the Chairman, the Team.
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2011, 04:32:28 AM »
If you want to make money, don't buy a football club or an airline. Eventually it will all end in tears.

But hey someone has to do it and I think Doug Ellis is still doing a good job as the chairman.

That's funny, but we all know Doug would never have allowed the club to spend 80 percent of income (or whatever it is) on salaries; never in a million years!

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2011, 04:40:37 AM »
I agree with you Griffter we need to get behind everybody at the club and all pull in the same direction.

Online Olneythelonely

• GM : 03.03.2025
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2011, 04:54:46 AM »
I'm sorry but that post is just to long to read on my little iPhone, so I shan't be bothering

Would you like me to draw you some pictures?

Offline olofmilosevic

« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2011, 05:19:35 AM »
Great post!

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2011, 07:36:50 AM »
Great post.
I've been saying this on other forums elsewhere, you get these doom and gloom merchants who have us relegated before a ball's been kicked. Then there're the ones who say Randy's spent no money, yes, unbelievable, you can't get your hat on at some comments. You begin to wonder what these people really want.
Agree with post 2. One big signing a season and maybe a couple of minor ones and develop the younger guys.

I'll stick to being pessimistic and moaning as I see fit

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2011, 07:47:14 AM »
Great post.
I've been saying this on other forums elsewhere, you get these doom and gloom merchants who have us relegated before a ball's been kicked. Then there're the ones who say Randy's spent no money, yes, unbelievable, you can't get your hat on at some comments. You begin to wonder what these people really want.
Agree with post 2. One big signing a season and maybe a couple of minor ones and develop the younger guys.

He obviously struggles with the notion that other people aren't quite so blindly optimistic.

I also object to the suggestion that not been so optimistic means you're in some way not behind the manager or the team. It's the boring old "better fan than yow" thing again.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2011, 08:45:52 AM »
I am nowhere near as depressive as some but the original post is nonsense. The idea that we sit on our hands, turning a small profit like a one man window cleaners, and then world domination beckons when swathes of teams go out of business? Bloody hell, that really is back to Dougonomics.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2011, 09:20:43 AM »
This is the second one of these long winded posts this week that seem designed just to get as many people as possible replying "great post!!!!!1111".

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2011, 09:26:02 AM »
Great post.

He obviously struggles with the notion that other people aren't quite so blindly optimistic.

I also object to the suggestion that not been so optimistic means you're in some way not behind the manager or the team. It's the boring old "better fan than yow" thing again.

Tend to agree

As a fan you pay your money so if you chose to boo after a shit performance you can boo.

Some people are pessimistic because we have seen it all so may times

Offline nigel

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »
Great post.

: pauliebentnuts: That's not what I'm saying.
I'm not "blindy optimistic" and I don't begrudge peoples opinions that differ from mine either.
What I'm saying is that I can't understand fans who think we've a devine right to be "Top 4" and have us relegation material before the seasons starts.
Every fan of every club should start the season with at least a glimmer of optimism (obviously not in your case) even if it's being optimistic of avoiding relegation. Did all the Blackpool fans start the season with " Why bother? We're going down anyway"? I bet they didn't. I bet they all started the season with  "it will be a struggle, but, we'll stay up.
You're entitled to your opinions, I haven't a problem with that, but you obviously have a problem with people expressing theirs though!

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2011, 09:38:49 AM »
I actually think the pessimism is lifting a bit of late.  Most people are happy with Given and also N'Zogbia looks like getting done.  Add to that the win at Walsall, where some of our 'salvage jobs' looked in good nick, and even if not ultra happy with things, some predictions seem to have gone from relegation scrap to mid table mediocrity.

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2011, 09:53:27 AM »
I love it when the Pessimists take umbrage with the Optomists.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2011, 09:58:40 AM »
I'll be ever the optimist when we have at least 6 points from our first 3 games.

Until the Fulham game I will draw nothing from our performances because pre season friendlies mean jack shit

Offline Brend'Watkins

• GM : 20.03.2025
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2011, 10:05:03 AM »
Pre season friendlies mean a little bit more than jack shit.  Certainly a bit more again when we have a new manager and a potentially new style of play. 

How else do you propose we assess the match fitness levels of players, new formations and the starting 11 with the season only a few weeks away?

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »
I actually think the pessimism is lifting a bit of late.  Most people are happy with Given and also N'Zogbia looks like getting done.  Add to that the win at Walsall, where some of our 'salvage jobs' looked in good nick, and even if not ultra happy with things, some predictions seem to have gone from relegation scrap to mid table mediocrity.

A bad show against Blackburn and the tide will turn.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal