collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Random Stories About Footballers  (Read 127335 times)

Offline tommy

Re: Random Stories About Footballers
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2011, 09:39:34 PM »
havent posted before but im a regular veiwer of the site, thought id share this. in 1997 i worked at the blues grounds (ac fitting and ducting) for a company called centra vent, working in the offices. caren brady was there having some pictures fitted on the wall (painted breeze block no plaster) pech was there just finished training, think he was playing for darby at the time. i went for a shit, saved some in some loo roll, rubbed it inside the flex connection to the air diffuser grill in bradys office knowing it would then dry out and she'd be inhaling my dirty villa DNA for a while

Offline Clark W Griswold

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2011, 10:03:55 PM »
Thats just plain filthy.

Offline russon

« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2011, 10:29:16 PM »
havent posted before but im a regular veiwer of the site, thought id share this. in 1997 i worked at the blues grounds (ac fitting and ducting) for a company called centra vent, working in the offices. caren brady was there having some pictures fitted on the wall (painted breeze block no plaster) pech was there just finished training, think he was playing for darby at the time. i went for a shit, saved some in some loo roll, rubbed it inside the flex connection to the air diffuser grill in bradys office knowing it would then dry out and she'd be inhaling my dirty villa DNA for a while

as first posts go that has to be up there

Offline gervilla

« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2011, 11:00:46 PM »

Respect

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #34 on: July 24, 2011, 03:57:08 AM »
Love that story! Made me think of my favourite song "Shit on the City"

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #35 on: July 24, 2011, 07:10:36 AM »
Remember watching England vs Sweden at Old Trafford, Bobby Charlton was just going into the directors box entrance when a little kid (united fan) had got a book on the History of Manchester Utd, the first page was a picture of Bobby in his playing days, He asked Bobby for his autograph (only person asking for it) he said no, not now son i'm busy!! The little kid was gutted. It would have took 10 seconds to sign the book - tosser!
[/quote]

Seems like Bobby Charlton has form. My uncle was a good footballer and played for Birmingham boys and as a result had a few passes to games at all the Midlands clubs. After a Villa v Man U game in the 60s he convinced the Villa commissionaire  to let him through to the Man U coach and took his autograph book on board. He headed straight for Sir Bobby who told him in no uncertain terms to get off and to take his autograph book with him. My uncle was distraught but was consoled by Harry Gregg who apparently was a thoroughly decent bloke and he got a few players to sign for him. My uncle has never liked bald Bobby ever since then.

As an aside, I think Harry Gregg was later Jimmy Rimmer's mentor.

Offline PONGO49

« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 09:20:38 AM »
villa v leeds 3rd February 1995, while working on the pitch pegging the net down in front the north stand (the away end at the time), Gary Mcallister decided before he went back to the dressing room to take a shot at goal, the ball hit me on the back of the head, hold back the tears as about 2000 or so Leeds fans laughing, I turned round to Mcallister holding to arms up in the air, ******.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 09:48:40 PM »
Recently got talking to a previous Banbury Utd Chairman, he told me they had the Villa come down a couple of occaisions, he said that the officials still talk about it. the Villa turned up with gifts, waived the match fee. treated every one with respect, joined the fans and players in the bar afterwards. They then had Blose down, he said they could not have been more different, demanded the match fee and fckd off. He wrote to Karen Brady to ask for some shirts to auction for a charity event, she wrote back saying it wasnt club policy. He said the club regularly ask the Villa and every time they send stuff. This guy is a Manu fan but he said he has enormous respect for The Villa.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2011, 10:02:45 PM »
I told this story on another thread, I was at a charity Golf Day, sat in the restaraunt area with my bacon sandwich and Chris Nichol came along and said any one sitting here, I said no Chris. I then told him I used to watch him play for The Villa, he asked me how come, I dont have a Brummie accent, he turned round and said your mum and dad bought you up the right way son. We got chatting and I have to say what a lovely bloke he is. Also met Sir Dennis recently and again as soon as I said I was Villa, he smiled and could not have been more friendly. Its great when your boyhood heros are so friendly.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #39 on: July 24, 2011, 10:17:28 PM »
I can honestly say that of all the former players I've met - not just ex-Villa - the ones who haven't been  a pleasure to talk to can be counted on one hand.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2011, 10:20:16 PM »
I can honestly say that of all the former players I've met - not just ex-Villa - the ones who haven't been  a pleasure to talk to can be counted on one hand.
Dave, do you think you will be saying the same about this generation?

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2011, 10:22:21 PM »
After the Liverpool game when Staunton was sent off for them in the first half, we met him in a wine bar in town as my uncle palys golf with him. I was only 19 and pretty hammered. I staggered over and said that I had a better left foot than he did. He replied with 'but you don't get paid 10k a week for it though'. I can be a cheeky so and so but that's the best comeback I have ever had. He was great afterwards.

Offline The Man With A Stick

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2011, 10:25:21 PM »
Used to see Villa players in Sutton all the time when I was at college there (94-96).  Most memorably, seeing Nii Lamptey buying a camera and some rolls of film in Supa Snaps just before our away tie with Inter.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2011, 10:40:44 PM »
Dave, do you think you will be saying the same about this generation?

Doubt it, but you never know.

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2011, 10:46:47 PM »

Does one of those fingers have a dodgy comb over?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal