collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by ChicagoLion
[Today at 09:15:25 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:14:59 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:06:45 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Chris Harte
[Today at 09:05:25 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Des Little
[Today at 09:03:14 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by GordonCowansisthegreatest
[Today at 08:59:33 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Fabian Delph's season coming up, oh no, not another injury.  (Read 37490 times)

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
Re: Fabian Delph's season coming up
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2012, 10:49:53 PM »
To be honest I've stopped even thinking of him as a Villa player.

Any particular reason Dave?

Offline gervilla

« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2012, 10:57:46 PM »
I'm still willing to give him a chance. God knows I hadn't completely give up on Ireland either( Yes, I know one great performance doesn't mean he has finally delivered).

While a player is on our books I have to hope that one day he will finally come good, although for some (Beye, Heskey) I won't b holding too much hope.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2012, 11:07:30 PM »
To be honest I've stopped even thinking of him as a Villa player.

Any particular reason Dave?

When I think of potential line-ups I never think of him. I can't remember a player who cost so much and has made so little impression on our conscious. He's not shite, he's not Balabanesque, he's just off the radar.

Online PaulWinch again

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2012, 11:10:59 PM »
Yeah I guess that's true, I do think he has talent I'm just not sure what is wrong with his mentality. I do think he needs a loan.

Offline Colhint

• GM : 02.12.2016
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2012, 11:53:40 PM »
at the moment I'd try him at left back

Offline PeterWithesShin

• GM : 17.03.2015
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2012, 12:00:17 AM »
He always struck me as more of an attacking midfielder who doesn't mind getting in when he was at Leeds. I just don't think the holding role suits him at all. Or maybe his injury has had an effect. Or maybe, at the end of the day, he's just a bit shit.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2012, 12:01:28 AM »
He's another example of O'Neill paying totally over the odds for a player from the British leagues.  He's not a £6-£8m player in a million years.

Offline Ad@m

• GM : 23.03.2023
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2012, 12:05:49 AM »
We paid for potential.

When he was at Leeds they thought he was the mutts nutts and were convinced he'd make it big in the Prem.  We've all seen players like that - sometimes they do, but very often they don't.  That's why it's a risk paying a big sum of money for them.  If he doesn't break through this year, and the signs are that he won't, then I think he's had it and we need to offload him in the summer.

Offline Archie

« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2012, 12:06:55 AM »
Unfortunately Dave is perfectly right, he's just off the radar, the umpteenth overplayed player that MON left in heritage to the club.

Offline Shoody

« Reply #39 on: January 03, 2012, 12:09:34 AM »
Disagree. He's just being completely used wrong. Houllier had likened him to our Wilshere and was rated extremely highly here. This is houllier who had a summer of Oriol, Nacho and Cabaye lined up for us (infinitely better than what we have now).

Delph can make it but he needs proper management and to be played in his correct position.

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #40 on: January 03, 2012, 12:37:53 AM »
Delph looked every bit an outstanding prospect when he first joined. He seems to have gone backwards. To be fair to him he's had a big injury, has been played out of position and the coaching he received when he first got here would not have helped him.

I'd be tempted to play him on the left hand side when N'Zog needs a rest/kick up the arse. I'd rather Delph be given chance to turn things around before scrapping him.

Offline Shoody

« Reply #41 on: January 03, 2012, 12:52:26 AM »
He'll end up going to Sunderland or Everton and making a huge impact imo. Play him at left back if needs be.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #42 on: January 03, 2012, 02:55:49 AM »
I'm still willing to give him a chance. God knows I hadn't completely give up on Ireland either( Yes, I know one great performance doesn't mean he has finally delivered).

While a player is on our books I have to hope that one day he will finally come good, although for some (Beye, Heskey) I won't b holding too much hope.

Ireland did do it once thou , yes a long time ago but theres a player there .   

Offline Dante Lavelli

• GM : 25.05.2023
« Reply #43 on: January 03, 2012, 02:58:26 AM »
Disagree. He's just being completely used wrong. Houllier had likened him to our Wilshere and was rated extremely highly here. This is houllier who had a summer of Oriol, Nacho and Cabaye lined up for us (infinitely better than what we have now).

Delph can make it but he needs proper management and to be played in his correct position.

How should he be used?  Do you mean as a more attacking midfielder and if so would you put him ahead of Ireland or bannan?

Personally I'd send him out on loan and see whether he can discover some form.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #44 on: January 03, 2012, 08:45:34 AM »
I watched Luke Moore play almost a full game the other day. The special comments guy was singing his praises the first half for the way he lead the line but as the second half progressed he started pointing out his flaws. Even now with the ball at his feet you can see the talent but Christ he is lacking in desparation. To me Delph is in the same category, has talent but his defficiancies are just too much.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal