collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Final league finish next season  (Read 20016 times)

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
Re: Final league finish next season
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2011, 11:10:19 AM »
6th and a trophy.

Online TaxDodger

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2011, 11:16:46 AM »
9th.

Offline Merv

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2011, 11:17:36 AM »
12th-16th.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2011, 11:23:43 AM »
I'd say anywhere between 1st to 20th, depending on how the rest of the transfer window pans out.

heh. that 1 player arriving must be special

I know this won't sink in, but I'll give it a go anyway; it's not just one player, but one more for now until McLeish gets a better feel for what he has.

And for the record, I've gone for 6th-10th in as serious a guess as you can have this early.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2011, 11:26:33 AM »
I'd say anywhere between 1st to 20th, depending on how the rest of the transfer window pans out.

I know this won't sink in, but I'll give it a go anyway; it's not just one player, but one more for now until McLeish gets a better feel for what he has.

yep, but it all depends on when you think this "for now" ends. you seem to think it means any time from tomorrow till the end of the transfer window. A lot of us think he means till January.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:28:42 AM by gregnash »

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2011, 11:31:54 AM »
Albrighton to shine in a season that resembles 1990/91 i.e. narrowly avoiding relegation - relying on goals from one man: Bent -  a bit like Platty's goals in that season that saved us.

McLeish wont last 12 months at Villa.

I'll go for a season resembling the year before that, when we'd sold our best player and were brilliant.

Offline villanic

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2011, 11:32:10 AM »
I reckon McLeish will make us much more solid at the back and with Bent's goals i can see a top 10 finish for next season.

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2011, 11:33:29 AM »

yep, but it all depends on when you think this "for now" ends. you seem to think it means any time from tomorrow till the end of the transfer window. A lot of us think he means till January.

Well, as he said 'before the start of the season', I'll take a wild guess at 13th August.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2011, 11:38:47 AM »
I think most of us would be happy with a top-ten finish, which is what happens when your expectations are sufficiently downgraded. At the moment, I can't quite see us getting there. And if McLeish's tenure gets ugly, well. I can't bring myself to type the words.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2011, 11:39:03 AM »

Well, as he said 'before the start of the season', I'll take a wild guess at 13th August.

larf! so on the 13th of August AM finally decides "oh i need 3 players". Of course thats going to be easy to arrange in 15 days when everyone's basically got the team they want to keep for the season so we'll be paying top whack if they'll sell and can get a replacement in before the window closes. Top top planning.....

Offline OzVilla

• GM : 16.08.2023
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2011, 11:42:57 AM »
I don't think we'll be in a relegation battle and expect us to surprise a few in the first half of the season before falling away.  Although we finished 9th last year, I actually expect us to have a more relaxed season this year with no real relegation dangers.

7-11th

Offline Jockey Randall

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2011, 11:46:14 AM »
Could go one of two ways for me at the moment. I think with the current crop of players we have the ability to finish 7th/8th. Outside of the obvious contenders the league is full of the biggest load of dross I can remember.

However, expectations being what they are here I can easily envisage us struggling to finish in the top half if we lose a few games on the bounce and the negative hordes take hold.

Offline ASHTONVILLA

• http://www.levitycropscience.com
  • GM : 01.08.2022
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2011, 11:53:39 AM »
Guessing 14th

Highest I can see us finishing (assuming only one more signing) is 12th, lowest is 17th. I think 17th is more likely than 12th, as the likelihood of a few injuries and some of the risks (Ireland, Warnock etc) not coming off (17th) is higher than the likelihood of lucky with injuries all the kids coming through well, and Warnock and Ireland coming good (12th).

If Bent was to pick up a bad injury we would get relegated with this squad.

Offline Fergal

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2011, 11:57:11 AM »
There are so many 'what if's' but a good guess is 6th to 10th if we can stay injury free and have a bit of luck

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2011, 11:57:12 AM »
I would say we will finish 12 with us not buying a lot of players 12 is where we will end up.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal