collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by VillaTim
[March 28, 2024, 11:45:01 PM]

COLD BLOW LANE ... 1967 to 1975 ... Did anyone (dare to) visit the Den? by dcdavecollett
[March 28, 2024, 11:02:33 PM]

Youri Tielemans (confirmed) by Somniloquism
[March 28, 2024, 10:54:34 PM]

FFP by AV82EC
[March 28, 2024, 10:36:39 PM]

All aboard the shuttle bus. by Demitri_C
[March 28, 2024, 10:29:02 PM]

GUESS THE CROWD R22: ASTON VILLA v Wolves, Saturday 30th March! 🥧 by ironmaidenmania
[March 28, 2024, 08:43:00 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by CT Villan
[Today at 02:12:50 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by JD
[Today at 01:37:32 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 01:07:18 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Percy McCarthy
[Today at 01:05:25 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Left Side
[Today at 12:52:12 AM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by tomd2103
[Today at 12:47:19 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:33:09 AM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by KevinGage
[Today at 12:22:56 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Does Anyone see a Pattern Developing?  (Read 11184 times)

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
Re: Does Anyone see a Pattern Developing?
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 10:22:32 PM »
^^^ I agree.

Randy has no experience owning a successful team, unlike Henry Newman who knows what it takes for a team to win and be successful.

I know American Football and Football are two different sports, both on the field and off the field but atleast knowing what it takes to win in any sport is priceless.

Knowing how to sign a cheque is more useful than any of that guff.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 10:29:12 PM »
MON, for all his faults and I was a harsh critic of his, really was the driving force at villa in those years we flirted with top four. Whatever you say about the man, he was firmly in charge and you always felt we were going in the right general direction.

The board have really let things slide since MON's walk out. Where is the sense of direction? Where is the sense anybody's in control? Where is the positive energy?

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 10:34:19 PM »
MON, for all his faults and I was a harsh critic of his, really was the driving force at villa in those years we flirted with top four. Whatever you say about the man, he was firmly in charge and you always felt we were going in the right general direction.

The board have really let things slide since MON's walk out. Where is the sense of direction? Where is the sense anybody's in control? Where is the positive energy?

Without wanting to be glib, when the dictator in a dictatorship disappears, a power vacuum is left. O'Neill, for his sins, was a good lightning conductor for most negativity aimed at the club. It was only after his departure that the media's negativity and the ire of the fans had to find a new outlet.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 10:39:17 PM »
As I said, I wasn't an MON fan but I have more sympathy with him now than I had 11 months ago. Also, it was easier being a villa fan when he was there so in time we probably will all look back with rose tinted glasses.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 10:41:27 PM »
Kendrick has just tweeted we have bid £10m for N'Zogbia and waiting for a response from Wigan. At least he's never going to play for England! :)

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 10:48:57 PM »
Kendrick has just tweeted we have bid £10m for N'Zogbia and waiting for a response from Wigan. At least he's never going to play for England! :)

Very true. He'll probably get his head turned while playing for France by Arsenal players instead.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 10:52:44 PM »
i can see a pattern developing

its not the 1980's and we are not a big club anymore

hence any good players we have get bought by the bigger clubs

Offline maidstonevillain

• GM : 26.11.2024
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 11:19:00 PM »

I would have preferred it if we had bid before we sold Downing. Methinks the price might have gone up a bit.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 04:07:17 AM »
Since i have been watching the villa it has always been the same whenever a villa player starts to play for England. Hitchens,Cowans,Hodge,Southgate and Platt all decided villa were not big enough for them

Offline charlie

« Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 08:55:16 AM »
Yes a pattern is clear, but so too is Malcolm's pattern of players going to bigger clubs, [and Middlesboro], becoming benchwarmers or losing form, and no longer being regular England first team. Certainly Barry and Milner have suffered huge for loss since accepting the Arab shilling . Milner needs a move or he will not figure in next years Euro failure, loan for a season to VP? Downing has had a whole season fit, so is due a long injury. Ashley, like Dwight, deserves his time in the sun and should do well.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 08:56:37 AM »
^^^ I agree.

Randy has no experience owning a successful team, unlike Henry Newman who knows what it takes for a team to win and be successful.

I know American Football and Football are two different sports, both on the field and off the field but atleast knowing what it takes to win in any sport is priceless.

Was that Clive bloke who knew how to win at rugby priceless at Southampton?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal