collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Athletics  (Read 1902 times)

Offline Comrade Blitz

• GM : 25.05.2019
Athletics
« on: July 14, 2011, 02:08:36 PM »
Went to the Grand Prix at the Alexander Stadium last Sunday. Very pleased that I did - what an excellent facility. The new back straight stand looks great, too.

Now looking forward to the UK Trials and National Championships at the end of the month.

Does anyone go to Crystal Palace on a regular basis?

Offline wombat

Re: Athletics
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 03:12:16 PM »
I went to the Alex last week too, they do need to sort the parking out though. It was rubbish to get onto the car park and I ran back to the car to get off there!

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
Re: Athletics
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 10:09:46 PM »
I was there - on track! A Golden Muppet on TV!

Too old to run now, but was called in as an official, I was doing my usual job as a marksman (starter's assistant) and if you look on the BBC website the 2 minute highlights
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/athletics/14101558.stm you can see me stood behind Mo Farah at the start. To the left behind Barras.

It was a great atmosphere and much better than Gateshead and Crystal Palace (where the car park takes even longer to get out of).

Had some fun and games in the last 100m. We DQ'd an athlete who tried to get back in after a second recall. I resisted the temptation to tell him to bugger off and he was taken off by others.

Not sure if I'll be there for the trials but I'm going to be in London in just over a year's time. I'm in the call room not on track.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal