collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Reaction to ex players returning to VP.  (Read 16605 times)

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
Re: Reaction to ex players returning to VP.
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 01:28:24 PM »
I booed Yorke.  I booed Barry.  I cheered Milner (even though it hurt like fuck), I will cheer young (ditto).  Downing, I dont think is even worth booing.  I would prefer 40k people either sitting silent, or a slow hand clap, or a collective "Meh".  He is the Judas, and doesnt deserve a good booing

See I differ there.  I think he deserves torrents of abuse from minute 1 to minute 90.  If he is the biggest Judas in recent times (and he is) he should be treated as such.

Offline Holtenderinthesky

« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 01:39:08 PM »
I forgot to put Gardner in the poll.  Just shows how insignificant he is.  FWIW though, if he WAS in the poll (which he kind of is now  ;)) would anyone have voted for him?

Online Billy Walker

« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 01:45:05 PM »
I'll never forgive Yorke for his treatment of Villa.  We spotted him, gave him his chance, he grew up with us and just, just as we were putting together a very decent side, he jumps ship.  If he had stuck with us we would have had one helluva forward line.  I think he owed us some loyalty at a key point in the  club's recent history.  Ditto Barry: his actions were to be the first signs of cracks in the Lerner Dream.  Both players, who had been with us since they were kids, let us down at very key points.  When push came to shove, they owed the club and its fans some loyalty.  Horrible.

Downing.  I feel no attachment to him as a player and rate him as a good footballer but I'm not disappointed at all in us selling him - we can replace with better.  Simply for that duplicitous u-turn, though, he deserves all the stick in the world.  It's about time supporters showed today's footballers and their agents just what they think of them.  If he has the bottle to be at Villa Park when we next face Liverpool he will deserve everything thrown his way...and I'll tell you what, I reckon we'll give them a hammering.

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2011, 01:46:21 PM »
I find it hard to seperate him and Hodge to be honest,both shit on the Villa.Barry would be second, i still remember how he told a Sunday  people how it was nothing to do with money but the desire to play in the CL and then signs for a club not even in europe. Bosnich would be third,another one who messed the villa around in his last season before walking out on us.

Offline TEMPORALIS

« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 01:53:11 PM »
david unsworth

« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 02:01:58 PM »
david unsworth

"Google did not match any documents for David Unsworth".

"Did you mean Mrs Unsworth?"

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2011, 02:12:01 PM »
Downer is a wanker . How much did he cost us while he was wrapped up in cotton wool...    big f**king mummys boy ....    Just hope one of our passionate caring players goes through him in the first minute at VP...

Online lovejoy

« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2011, 02:29:41 PM »
Did Platt get booed when he returned with Arse? I vaguely remember he did and I thought that was outrageous.

Offline Jimbo

« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2011, 02:39:05 PM »
He's only a poor little maggot,
He doesn't do tackles at all,
He made me feel sick,
When he wriggled on Kenny's dick
But he don't play for us anymore.

Offline mattjpa

« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2011, 03:06:58 PM »
Ash deserves nothing less than a standing ovation. Great servant left for good reasons in the right manner. Downing deserves nothing less than drugging and waking up to see his severed weapon being fed into the waste disposal

Offline MoetVillan

« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »
Mattjpa, you owe me for a new letter key next to the "w" which is not working now due to me spitting tea all over the keyboard.

Offline Taylor

« Reply #41 on: July 14, 2011, 03:56:59 PM »
I find it hard to seperate him and Hodge to be honest,both shit on the Villa.Barry would be second, i still remember how he told a Sunday  people how it was nothing to do with money but the desire to play in the CL and then signs for a club not even in europe. Bosnich would be third,another one who messed the villa around in his last season before walking out on us.
...er, aren't City in the CL now? I think Barry wanted a club that had the potential to reach the CL. Clubs who sell their best players 4 years on the bounce don't have that.

« Reply #42 on: July 14, 2011, 04:03:42 PM »
...er, aren't City in the CL now? I think Barry wanted a club that had the potential to reach the CL. Clubs who sell their best players 4 years on the bounce don't have that.

TBF Spurs sold Carrick, Berbatov, Bent and Defoe (who HR re-signed) and managed to get into the CL.  It can be a good business plan to buy players for 10 mil and sell them for 20 but only if the funds are re-invested into the team.

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #43 on: July 14, 2011, 04:09:10 PM »
Did Platt get booed when he returned with Arse? I vaguely remember he did and I thought that was outrageous.

As I recall he got booed when he came on in LC semi. Showed how tense it was because I don't think he got any in the league game, and he scored for them in that (possibly)

Offline Meanwood Villa

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: July 14, 2011, 04:10:24 PM »
Regarding biggest turncoats etc I've never forgiven Southgate for using England press conference at Euro 2000 to tell all and sundry that he wanted out. Then a full year later ended up at bloody Middlesbrough

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal