collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Posts

Re: Gordon Cowans by The Edge
[Today at 07:51:24 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:47:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by OCD
[Today at 07:39:18 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Nev
[Today at 07:38:29 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Ian.
[Today at 07:37:07 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by Rudy Can't Fail
[Today at 07:36:44 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by OCD
[Today at 07:32:48 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Blog  (Read 12905 times)

Offline Villanation

Re: Aston Villa Blog
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 07:13:01 PM »
Has anyone ever really spat their tea over a laptop?

Dropped me net book down the toilet once.....

Offline Villanation

« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 07:16:00 PM »
One thing I absolutely detest is people coming on here and all they are interested in is "me, me me"

We're happy to help out any member of this community, and have frequently done so over the 14 years this site has been up and running.   I paid for, and hosted "Villa Talk" (yes, that VillaTalk) when it was first set up.  But it's a fucking cheek coming on and with your first post say, "come and have a look at mine"

If you were part of this "community" I wouldn't mind.  But your first post?

If you want to "provoke debate" post your comments here.

If you want to advertise - contact me about my rates.

Cheers

You complete and utter over reactionary pillock
The fella comes on, says hello,says he's a villa fan,and also has a site on the interweb that he invites people to have a look at
You go all Chairman Mao on him,"Its my ball,you not taking my "internet" friends away  :'(
I thought Aston Villa was a broad church ? People support them in many different ways
I'm sure if the common bod here is AVFC then you and him could agree to links to both sites on your own sites
Or are you just going to stamp your foot and strop off home in a huff
What a lemon.

You've heard of Attila the Hun>>>>> ::) ;)

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 08:10:02 PM »
One thing I absolutely detest is people coming on here and all they are interested in is "me, me me"

We're happy to help out any member of this community, and have frequently done so over the 14 years this site has been up and running.   I paid for, and hosted "Villa Talk" (yes, that VillaTalk) when it was first set up.  But it's a fucking cheek coming on and with your first post say, "come and have a look at mine"

Cheers

The fella comes on, says hello,says he's a villa fan,and also has a site on the interweb that he invites people to have a look at
You go all Chairman Mao on him,"Its my ball,you not taking my "internet" friends away  :'(
I thought Aston Villa was a broad church ? People support them in many different ways
I'm sure if the common bod here is AVFC then you and him could agree to links to both sites on your own sites
What a lemon.

No, this bloke has just come on and said "I couldn't be arsed to come on here before, but now I want you for some free publicity." Asking first would have been a courtesy.

Partially i understand where both yourself and Mac are coming from,common courtesy to ask.
On the flip side this is a Villa fans message board,and he's blogging about Villa,isn't it all just the same thing ?
People like me with time on there hands to burn who want to read a little bit about our club,no more no less.
I notice certain people have got the arsehole over "free advertising" for the fellas blog,but haven't pulled a face about a betting website being advertised
Hmm,.strange sense of sensibilitys...

The word is sensibilities, the betting website a) ask us and b) pay for the privilege. Spot the difference.

Online taylorsworkrate

« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 08:15:54 PM »

Cheers

What a lemon.

No, this bloke has just come on and said "I couldn't be arsed to come on here before, but now I want you for some free publicity." Asking first would have been a courtesy.

Partially i understand where both yourself and Mac are coming from,common courtesy to ask.
On the flip side this is a Villa fans message board,and he's blogging about Villa,isn't it all just the same thing ?
People like me with time on there hands to burn who want to read a little bit about our club,no more no less.
I notice certain people have got the arsehole over "free advertising" for the fellas blog,but haven't pulled a face about a betting website being advertised
Hmm,.strange sense of sensibilitys...

The word is sensibilities, the betting website a) ask us and b) pay for the privilege. Spot the difference.

I hope you and the other mods will be able to live with themselves when my gambling addiction spirals out of control  ;)

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 08:17:11 PM »
I hope you and the other mods will be able to live with themselves when my gambling addiction spirals out of control  ;)

Gambling is good for you.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 09:23:27 PM »

Depends whether l've earned out of it or not.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 10:34:31 PM »

Gambling is good for you.

Well it's good for you.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 10:41:47 PM »
Gambling is only good for you if you win.

Offline Dave Javu

• GM : 31.07.2019
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 11:23:33 PM »
Life is one big gamble. If you don't buy a ticket, you can't possibly win the lottery.

Either that or you can arbitrage and pinch their sign up bonus.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal