collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Aston Villa Blog  (Read 12943 times)

Offline bertlambshank

• GM : 30.06.2019
Re: Aston Villa Blog
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 09:21:39 PM »
I dont look at  peoples blogs anyway.
I've always found hacking their phones more informative.
No no no look through peoples bins,much more fun.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 09:51:47 PM »
One thing I absolutely detest is people coming on here and all they are interested in is "me, me me"

We're happy to help out any member of this community, and have frequently done so over the 14 years this site has been up and running.   I paid for, and hosted "Villa Talk" (yes, that VillaTalk) when it was first set up.  But it's a fucking cheek coming on and with your first post say, "come and have a look at mine"

If you were part of this "community" I wouldn't mind.  But your first post?

If you want to "provoke debate" post your comments here.

If you want to advertise - contact me about my rates.

Cheers

You complete and utter over reactionary pillock
The fella comes on, says hello,says he's a villa fan,and also has a site on the interweb that he invites people to have a look at
You go all Chairman Mao on him,"Its my ball,you not taking my "internet" friends away  :'(
I thought Aston Villa was a broad church ? People support them in many different ways
I'm sure if the common bod here is AVFC then you and him could agree to links to both sites on your own sites
Or are you just going to stamp your foot and strop off home in a huff
What a lemon.

Mate why dont you contribute to this site you use for FREE before commenting on advertising issues. You Lemon

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »
One thing I absolutely detest is people coming on here and all they are interested in is "me, me me"

We're happy to help out any member of this community, and have frequently done so over the 14 years this site has been up and running.   I paid for, and hosted "Villa Talk" (yes, that VillaTalk) when it was first set up.  But it's a fucking cheek coming on and with your first post say, "come and have a look at mine"

Cheers

The fella comes on, says hello,says he's a villa fan,and also has a site on the interweb that he invites people to have a look at
You go all Chairman Mao on him,"Its my ball,you not taking my "internet" friends away  :'(
I thought Aston Villa was a broad church ? People support them in many different ways
I'm sure if the common bod here is AVFC then you and him could agree to links to both sites on your own sites
What a lemon.

No, this bloke has just come on and said "I couldn't be arsed to come on here before, but now I want you for some free publicity." Asking first would have been a courtesy.

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2011, 02:33:54 PM »
Nobody from here goes off spamming H&V elsewhere, so I don't think it's much to ask that people politely ask permission before posting links.  Especially when it's their very first post.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2011, 10:12:08 PM »
I am with Mac all the way. It surely is just good manners to ask if you can use this site to advertise.

Offline Irish villain

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2011, 12:32:20 AM »
That'll learn 'em.

Offline WA Villan

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2011, 01:46:50 PM »
Mac's site - Mac's rules.

Cheers

What a lemon.
"Gerry Gerry Gerry"

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2011, 05:47:40 PM »
With mac 100%. His site his rules. If it was someone who posted 10000 times it would be different

Offline london lion

« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2011, 05:53:12 PM »

Cheers

What a lemon.

No, this bloke has just come on and said "I couldn't be arsed to come on here before, but now I want you for some free publicity." Asking first would have been a courtesy.

Partially i understand where both yourself and Mac are coming from,common courtesy to ask.
On the flip side this is a Villa fans message board,and he's blogging about Villa,isn't it all just the same thing ?
People like me with time on there hands to burn who want to read a little bit about our club,no more no less.
I notice certain people have got the arsehole over "free advertising" for the fellas blog,but haven't pulled a face about a betting website being advertised
Hmm,.strange sense of sensibilitys...

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2011, 05:54:50 PM »
I notice certain people have got the arsehole over "free advertising" for the fellas blog,but haven't pulled a face about a betting website being advertised

What kind of odd non sequitur is that?

The bloke rocks up, registers, and makes one post which advertises his own site. If it had been someone who'd put in a shift here, it'd be different.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 05:58:23 PM by pauliebentnuts »

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2011, 05:55:04 PM »

Partially i understand where both yourself and Mac are coming from,common courtesy to ask.
On the flip side this is a Villa fans message board,and he's blogging about Villa,isn't it all just the same thing ?
People like me with time on there hands to burn who want to read a little bit about our club,no more no less.

Why are you getting your arse in your hand about it anyway?

Have you got some vested interest in it?

Offline london lion

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2011, 06:11:12 PM »

No,not at all,i had a "spit tea all over my laptop"moment when i read Mac's initial outburst,to me it really read like a child having a nur-nur because somebody was nicking trying to nick his H&V clientele
As per on here the great and the good have steamed in to back the wronged party
Has anybody actually thought that the fellas blog may just have been an interesting read ?

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2011, 07:00:24 PM »

No,not at all,i had a "spit tea all over my laptop"moment when i read Mac's initial outburst,to me it really read like a child having a nur-nur because somebody was nicking trying to nick his H&V clientele
As per on here the great and the good have steamed in to back the wronged party
Has anybody actually thought that the fellas blog may just have been an interesting read ?

Nothing more interesting going on in the Great Metropolis tonight then? - from someone who is neither good nor great, but agrees with Mac !

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2011, 07:02:42 PM »
Has anyone ever really spat their tea over a laptop?

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2011, 07:05:02 PM »
Has anyone ever really spat their tea over a laptop?
Have spilled something else over a lap dancer

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal