collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: New Contract for the Fonz  (Read 7976 times)

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
Re: New Contract for the Fonz
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 06:09:27 PM »
Hopefully he'll get a proper run this season.
So do I but I'm not sure how he'll get it.  Even if we play two up front he'll be on the bench.  I think he'll have to be patient again this season and make sure he takes his chance if / when it comes.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 06:12:28 PM »
At this point I wish we'd just sell him so he can go make a name for himself.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 06:26:45 PM »
At this point I wish we'd just sell him so he can go make a name for himself.

He's 20 years old. Twenty.

Maybe we see the potential but will send him out on loan to get the experience.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 06:38:45 PM »
Needs to show he really wants it and pdq - not convinced at all up to now and even when I saw him play for the reserves (which was not that often), I couldn't really discern what all the hype was about...

Me neither, a lot of work to be done here - I haven't seen any more than a Championship striker in the Fonz yet, irrespective of age.

PDQ about sums it up, strikers either can score or they can't - at 20, it's usual to be able to see flashes of brilliance in the bigger games if a strikers going to make it in the big league, and I haven't seen any yet.

Watching brief.

Offline Slaphead

• GM : July, 2013
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 07:06:15 PM »
I just don't think he will cut it, never have. Hope he proves me wrong of course.

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 07:16:55 PM »
Don't think he will cut it either but we can't write him off as he might be late starter. He might play better in proper 4-4-2 formation.

Offline D.boy

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 07:33:41 PM »
I like young Nathan and really hope he does well. The problem is going to be how he gets a run in the team. Bent will always be first name on the teamsheet so Nathan is battling Gabby & Heskey for the other slot (depending what system we play) and then Weiman is also knocking on the door.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2011, 07:34:46 PM »
Pleased about this, i like the kid. I hope he gets a bit more a run next season.

Great for Nathan but we don't want him to have a run in the team because that would mean that Bent was injured

Online ian c.

• GM : 19.06.2024
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2011, 08:12:08 PM »
Sends the right message to the other young ones, also means if he changes club we get a fee and/or sell on clause.

Offline Mazrim

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2011, 08:21:41 PM »
Potentially a top top player. This is good news.

Offline andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #25 on: July 13, 2011, 08:35:01 PM »
He won't fail for off the pitch reasons,he's focused on his footy 100%. The difference at this level between good footballer and good premier league footballer is so close. Remember that shot he had that hit the bar at blues ? If that went in it changes everyones perception of him

Offline nick harper

• GM : Feb, 2012
« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2011, 08:42:34 PM »
Agree with others. I have my doubts but good luck to him. He needs to up his game by 20-25 per cent to make the impact he needs to.

Offline garyshawsknee

• GM : 03.06.2020
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2011, 08:51:42 PM »
He won't fail for off the pitch reasons,he's focused on his footy 100%. The difference at this level between good footballer and good premier league footballer is so close. Remember that shot he had that hit the bar at blues ? If that went in it changes everyones perception of him

Thats a good point,as i think he has shown some real touches of quality when he's come on,I think he show's alot of awarness when he's on the ball.

The difference is with him and Gab,is that Gab came through when we had a poorer squad,so he was given his chance because we had no choice,and Gab took his chance and became a success,with the Fonz, he's come through when weve had a better squad and more options,hopefully he'll be higher up the pecking orer now,so like Gab did,he's gotta perform when he gets the chance.

Offline Nirog72

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2011, 09:09:26 PM »
It wouldn't surprise me if he is loaned next season to a championship side. Ditto Gardner.

Online eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 02:29:42 AM »
I've mentioned it before but that swivel and shot off the bar that had Foster beaten at the Sty would have given him cult-status as well as a serious confidence-booster had it gone in last January. A derby-day match winner but for the woodwork. As it is, most have forgotten all about it.

The point is, that sudden bit of inspiration out of nothing is something I think he has in his locker. I just hope we manage to coax it out of him soon.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal