collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Club Statement  (Read 75359 times)

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
Re: Club Statement
« Reply #330 on: July 13, 2011, 05:59:25 PM »
It's not just a case of whinging and moaning. It's about how long do you do it for? What does it ultimately achieve? I wasn't happy with the appointment but unless we can physically change it then how does it really help 3 weeks or so on? The club appointed him, people complained and rightly so. It went a little quiet and then started up again following the settlement. But at some point we have to move on. Maybe it's just me, but unless something concrete came from it, I don't see the point of beating what is a very dead horse.

Alas, I think this proves that people will jump at every chance to criticize the McLeish appointment. After the outrage over his appointment had silenced, the settlement was the first chance to have a go at him (or, rather, the appointment of him) once again. Wait until we start losing matches.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #331 on: July 13, 2011, 06:11:52 PM »
It's not just a case of whinging and moaning. It's about how long do you do it for? What does it ultimately achieve? I wasn't happy with the appointment but unless we can physically change it then how does it really help 3 weeks or so on? The club appointed him, people complained and rightly so. It went a little quiet and then started up again following the settlement. But at some point we have to move on. Maybe it's just me, but unless something concrete came from it, I don't see the point of beating what is a very dead horse.

Why does anything we discuss have to "achieve" anything?

Online cdward

« Reply #332 on: July 13, 2011, 06:43:43 PM »
While the 2 relegations don't look good on his CV, it doesn't 100% guarantee that this is what McLeish will be for the remainder of this managerial career
Obviously not.
But a past working record is surely an important indicator of how a person will perform.

You wouldn't employ an electrician who had a history of electrocuting himself.
Where are all the HR managers when you need them?
I can't believe this spark is having to work in a house with w**kers throwing water over him.

These threads are great.

Offline TheMalandro

• GM : 06.03.2016
« Reply #333 on: July 14, 2011, 09:02:24 AM »
Club Statement

"Many years before, other chairmen were sending spies into his stadium to steal Lerner's amazing footballing secrets. Finally, Mr Lerner locked the gates, and banished all his workers from the factory. Shortly after this, the football club started up, but noone knows who is making Lerner's players now."

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #334 on: July 14, 2011, 11:01:22 AM »
His past also should be a 100% indicator of what he can do in different circumstances. If he was still at Blues, under the same working environment I'd agree that the likelihood of things improving would be slim. But sometimes getting away from a difficult situation can help. I'm willing to see if it does. I hope I'm right. I could be horribly wrong. I just don't know.

"I knew about his past and I decided to give him a second chance" David Cameron.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal