collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Manc Slag Scoles-eh puts the boot in  (Read 16990 times)

Offline Diablo

Re: Manc Slag Scoles-eh puts the boot in
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2011, 10:25:34 AM »
I have a lot of time for Scholes, an excellent professional and "that goal" he scored against us at Villa Park will live long in the memory, despite it pissing me off at the time. I think he unfortunately makes some very good points.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2011, 10:34:07 AM »
I actually liked Scholes as a player, and can't disagree with what he says here. The assertion that it hurts less for players when they lose playing for England rather than for their club is pretty undeniable and reflects much of what is wrong with today's game. Having said that I feel the same about club vs country.

Online Fasth56

• GM : 01.02.2025
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2011, 11:10:36 AM »
You could put some creedence on what he has said if he wasn't one of the "billy big bollocks" tapping them up!

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2011, 12:50:32 PM »
couldnt give a shit what some over rated ginga manc who quit england thinks...

he is targeting the wrong people, as its actually half his mates from the sky four who are ****** and have consistantly let england down...

he was one of them himself before he quit...

Online The Man With A Stick

« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2011, 12:53:29 PM »
In terms of revelations, this is up there with "Pope embraces Catholicism" and "Bear takes steaming dump in woodland glade".

Offline PeterWithe

• GM : 12.02.2025
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »
it's funny because neither barry or southgate ended up at the 'top' clubs they were attempting to engineer a move to.

I'd say Barry did eventually.

he spent a whole summer learning the words to "you'll never walk alone". he only signed for man city when they showed him a powerpoint presentation in some desert and a few zeroes on a slip of paper.

I think Scholes is saying they wanted the moves to clubs who paid the biggest wages, in that respect both Barry & Southgate got what they wanted.

Offline TimTheVillain

« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2011, 01:06:15 PM »
We were picked at random, surely.

He isn't wrong mind ..... we are just that club.

Offline eamonn

• GM : 26.07.2020
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2011, 01:27:18 PM »
While eating his cornflakes this morning ''Stewie'' Downing read that aricle and shuffled uncomfortably in his chrome swivel-chair.

Offline Billy Walker

« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2011, 01:35:55 PM »
I'm not so sure he picked our name at random.  I  remember Ferguson referring to Villa as "a good little side" back in the mid-nineties.  I think Fergie has instilled an air of disdain in his players about Aston Villa - it's part of the reason why they have developed this great winning record against us these past fifteen years.   

The problem here is that we  haven't had a manager or leadership at the club these past fifteen years with the balls and winning mentality to tell Fergie and Man Utd where to go.  It's time for us to give them a good, old-fashioned Villa Park hiding - the natural order needs to be restored.

Offline martin

« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2011, 01:48:11 PM »
The ginger whinger seems to be in need of scapegoats for the fact that England teams peopled almost entirely by United, Chelsea and Liverpool players weren't rolling over the world's elite in the manner thay were in the EPL and having their tummies ticked by the media as they were in their club shirts.

Fact is, everyone of those Villa players were there on merit, not because of who they played for. Could the same be said of his mate Neville.

Offline Gazza1982

« Reply #25 on: July 10, 2011, 01:53:23 PM »
I'm not so sure he picked our name at random.  I  remember Ferguson referring to Villa as "a good little side" back in the mid-nineties.  I think Fergie has instilled an air of disdain in his players about Aston Villa - it's part of the reason why they have developed this great winning record against us these past fifteen years.   

The problem here is that we  haven't had a manager or leadership at the club these past fifteen years with the balls and winning mentality to tell Fergie and Man Utd where to go.  It's time for us to give them a good, old-fashioned Villa Park hiding - the natural order needs to be restored.

uh-huh..................and this hiding.......how exactly is that going to happen pray tell......................maybe if we can persuade Messi to partner Bent and have Milner back.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #26 on: July 10, 2011, 03:18:07 PM »
I'm not sure who he's referring to, he first started "going away with England" in 97/98.

As for Scholes himself, my brother-in-law who is that rare breed, a Red Manc, tells me that Scholes is the exception up there. The most down to earth bloke you can imagine, who you'd more likely see having a quiet pint in some back street pub with a childhood mate than out in some flash, poxy wine bar in the centre of town. The bloke, despite his wealth and fame seems to find comfort sticking to his roots.

Barry Bannan couldn't pick a better role model, both on and off the pitch. As Xavi said, "A role model. For me, and I really mean this, he's the best central midfielder I've seen in the last 15, 20 years. He's spectacular, he has it all, the last pass, goals, he's strong, he doesn't lose the ball, vision. If he'd been Spanish he might have been rated more highly. Players love him."

Offline barrysleftfoot

« Reply #27 on: July 10, 2011, 03:29:59 PM »

I like MK have a lot of time for Scholes, and agree that BBannan and Delph could do a lot worse than modelling themselves on him.

Regarding England the impression i always get is there are at least 2 kind of players, the wannabees to hwho hes referring, Southgate certainly falls into that category, as does Barry, and the egos, of which Lampard and Gerrard fall into.Its all about Lampard when he plays, and Gerrard has never played as well for England as well as he has for Lplop.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2011, 04:04:00 PM »
I think his comments stem from the recent behaviour of the likes of Milner and Downing as much as the players he played with for England. I respect him as an individual for his character (off the pitch) but I detest him for the number of straight red cards he should have received but never did.

Offline Rudy Can't Fail

• http://www.heroespredictions.co.uk/pl/
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2011, 04:19:39 PM »
I detest him for the number of straight red cards he should have received but never did.

Sure but you can't blame him for that. Blame the referees or Fergie. You do raise a good point though, Scholes was a nasty little bastard when he wanted to be.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal