collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: N'Zogbia - Young or Downing replacement ?  (Read 4314 times)

Offline TimTheVillain

N'Zogbia - Young or Downing replacement ?
« on: July 09, 2011, 01:05:49 PM »
I'm getting a bit confused ( not hard) to square the circle on the 'N'Zogbia will come to Villa to replace Downing' theme as, surely, we would have 2 players to replace.

As I see it, we should sign N'Zobdia to replace Young.

Is this becoming a 'two players (potentially) out' - 'one in' deal ??

Offline Tom_Mc9?

• GM : 28.08.2024
Re: N'Zogbia - Young or Downing replacement ?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 01:14:53 PM »
I think he's replacing Young, and should Downing go, we have Albrighton ready to play a bigger part this season. I agree, we need somebody else, but we have Delph too if needs be. Could do with a loan signing maybe?

Offline eastie

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2011, 01:18:03 PM »
unlikely mcleish will play with 2 wingers so i see nzogbia as the only wide man coming in and using downing cash to get parker, hutton etc.

Offline citizenDJ

• GM : 28.05.2020
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2011, 01:36:56 PM »
From his performances last season, I'd say Albrighton is about ready to play a bigger part in the first team. I also don't think McLeish will play two out and out wingers, so Downing/N'Zogbia along with Albrighton should see the wide area covered....just.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2011, 01:42:15 PM »
I think it's time to call it a day on the 2 wingers routine, if we go 4-4-2.
I've seen us get swamped too many times in midfield using it.

However, if Parker was in there it might be different.

Offline Matt Collins

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2011, 03:49:41 PM »
But if we have Albrighton and N'Zogbia, who do we have who could play right or left midfield, winger or not? Bannan or at a push Delph on the left. Ireland perhaps at a push on the right?

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2011, 04:17:47 PM »
I would like to see N'Zogbia replace Young and has some of you have said Albrighton to play a bigger part this season that would be ideal for us.

Offline abc123cox

• Villa-Till-I-Die
    • UPtheVILLA Aston Vilal Fans, News and Banter page
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2011, 06:56:56 PM »
Can't see us signing N'zogbia!!

He will go to Newcastle or Liverpool!

Shame as I think he could be amazing for us!! But unless Downing goes we won't even contemplate him,

Matkendrick has said he has heard nothinh about it and can't see it happening! He is gunna report about it in Monday!

Fingers crossed though

Offline villaIoW

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2011, 07:03:16 PM »
Downing is not for sale and is a villa player, if the zog signs for us it will to replace young.

Offline spangley1812

« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2011, 07:07:22 PM »
I would go for Jarvis, his delivery is much better than Nzogbia's and he would cost less iro his fee and his wages

Offline Villanation

« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2011, 08:49:14 PM »
The rumour is that Liverpool are pulling the plug on Downing and going for N'Zogbia, I hope this is utterly untrue because its complete skulduggery IMO, N'Zogbia a player that Villa have been very often linked with recently and Downing a Player that Liverpool have made a firm move for and Villa have knocked back, really don't have to spell it out, if Downing doesn't get his widely publicised much wanted move, he stays at Villa and they get N'Zogbia........................Not good. 

Offline steffo

« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2011, 09:42:15 PM »
So N'Zogbiba didn't sign for the Bloose why? McLeish or wages excuse?

McLeish is at Villa, we can pay the wages.

Is it the club he doesn't want to play for or the manager?

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2011, 10:11:17 PM »
The rumour is that Liverpool are pulling the plug on Downing and going for N'Zogbia, I hope this is utterly untrue because its complete skulduggery IMO, N'Zogbia a player that Villa have been very often linked with recently and Downing a Player that Liverpool have made a firm move for and Villa have knocked back, really don't have to spell it out, if Downing doesn't get his widely publicised much wanted move, he stays at Villa and they get N'Zogbia........................Not good. 

I'd be comfortable with either scenario.

N'Zog comes to us > Downing goes = we get a different type of player and still have Albrighton as the out and out winger.

Downing remains>  N'Zog goes to them. We keep hold of one of our better players - a player who should still be motivated with the Euros coming up.

Much as I like N'Zog, he's not the type of wide player who will be banging in crosses all day. He'll open up space though, when he runs at a backline. And for a player with good movement like Bent, that space can be exploited.

Dalglish has wanted a winger from near enough the time he signed Carroll, and the delivery that Downing could provide would be better in that regard. If he misses out on his first choice and has to make do with someone less effective for their system, that might hamper their chances of progression this year.

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2011, 10:21:51 PM »

Dalglish has wanted a winger from near enough the time he signed Carroll, and the delivery that Downing could provide would be better in that regard. If he misses out on his first choice and has to make do with someone less effective for their system, that might hamper their chances of progression this year.
[/quote]
They'll finish 6th at best with or without Downing I reckon.Let's see how much KK is idolised then

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal