collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: This will depress you  (Read 9110 times)

Offline *shellac*

Re: This will depress you
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2011, 04:20:38 AM »
This morning, Stew was killed when he went for his morning walk around the park.  He was crushed by his former owner.  I could see his tiny brain fully smashed.  What a cruel way to go.

Stew was my pet lizard.  I have his house nicely decorated in one of my potted plants.  I hate Kenny, his previous owner.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2011, 08:52:56 AM »
Well, I for one will never get over the loss of Curtis Davies.

His startled look as he wobbles around uncertainly whilst the ball comes his way will stay with me for a long, long time.

My abiding memory of him was lumping the ball out for a corner against Rapid when there was no-one within 10 yards of him.

£8.5 million fuck me

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2011, 10:07:48 AM »
I hate Kenny, his previous owner.

Perhaps you should kill Kenny.  You bastard.

Offline PONGO49

« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2011, 10:31:21 AM »
can we add Luke Moore to the subs bench

Online pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2011, 10:38:49 AM »

His startled look as he wobbles around uncertainly whilst the ball comes his way will stay with me for a long, long time.

My abiding memory of him was lumping the ball out for a corner against Rapid when there was no-one within 10 yards of him.

£8.5 million fuck me

Mine was a home game, I forget against who, when Curtis was stood there, with a 60 yard ball coming down from the air straight down at him, absolutely nobody within 20 yards of him, half an hour to get himself into position and deal with it, and it went over his head and about 10 yards behind him.

The only defensive shitness I've seen to rival that in the last five years at VP was last season when Dunne hit that backpass from the half way line to Friedel and managed to put it out for a corner.

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2011, 10:43:12 AM »

£8.5 million fuck me

Wasn't that the corner that lead to the equaliser?

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2011, 11:42:41 AM »
The name Maloney destroys this argument.

Offline DR PETERS

« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2011, 12:04:04 PM »
If/when Downing leaves, we will have had the following team leave of note over the last 3 seasons.

I think the following side would comfortably piss all over anything we could currently put out.  In fact I would say only Bent would get into this side

Big Brad

Bouma
Walker
Cahill
Laursen

Young
Barry
NRC
Milner
Downing

Carew

Subs

Mellberg
Davies
Gardner
Knight
Maloney
Taylor
Shorey
Ridgewell

:'(

Brad - Past his best, Spurs are welcome to him, if he is their No 1 they will not finish top 4
Bouma - Never the same after his injury, doubt he would have been
Walker - Not ours in the first place
Cahill - Thanks for that Martin, don't blame him for leaving having to watch Dumb and Dumber (Davies & Knight) getting picked ahead of him
Laursen - Retired

Young - Left for one of the best teams in Europe and the team most likely to win things
Barry - Went for the money to a team who will buy the title
NRC - Was good but think Makoun and Delph will turn out better, great tackler but couldn't pass (the anti-scholes !)
Milner - Same a Barry
Downing - Hasn't gone yet and should show us some loyalty we took a chance on him

Carew - We had seen the best of him and Bent is better

Mellberg - Think we did all we could to keep him, left for one last big payday and deserved it
Davies -  Glad to see the back of him, worst defender since Noel Blake
Gardner - Could have done a job, but think we have better now (and so McLeish apparently)
Knight - Are you sure ? You really think he is better than what we have now ?
Maloney - Can remember one good free kick and not much else
Shorey - Only miss him because we haven't replaced him yet
Ridgewell - Guaranteed to make at least one huge mistake every game

So out of that lot I only really miss 2 or 3 the rest I would not want to see anywhere near the team now

Offline Villanation

« Reply #23 on: July 07, 2011, 12:25:14 PM »
I'm still trying to get over Knights and J Lloyd's expressions, which at times looked to me like they were either stoned or hadn't got a clue what they where doing on the pitch.

Thing is, we still have a player that's loyal and devoted to the club, players come and go, we still have Gabby, who else can claim that in the Premier league, a player that money or not, wants to play for his beloved life long club, speaks loads for me in this day and age and the Dutch auction that is football, phuk all the rest of that lot that have gone for money or fame................................We still have Gabby Agbonlahor......And providing we don't have a twat in charge he will restore him to his previous status so we can enjoy yet again his breath taking turn of speed and threat.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 12:31:53 PM by Villanation »

Offline villa_oldie

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2011, 01:19:15 PM »
If/when Downing leaves, we will have had the following team leave of note over the last 3 seasons.

I think the following side would comfortably piss all over anything we could currently put out.  In fact I would say only Bent would get into this side

Big Brad

Bouma
Walker
Cahill
Laursen

Young
Barry
NRC
Milner
Downing

Carew

Subs

Mellberg
Davies
Gardner
Knight
Maloney
Taylor
Shorey
Ridgewell

:'(

Well your subs aren't worth shit apart from Mellberg.
and brad and big john (bless them) are too old.

Shame about the midfield though. Apart from downing, GET RID!

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »
Milner - Same a Barry

Would you be saying that if Villa had a filthy rich owner who was able to buy any player they wanted to win the title?  Personally, I dont see the point in critising clubs who have "bought" the title as I know for a fact, if we were in there position, we would have done the same and we would have loved every minute of it!  Plus (as a neautral), the fact that chelsea came into the mix, ended Manure's boring dominance which was nice to see.

Offline DR PETERS

« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2011, 05:04:23 AM »
Milner - Same a Barry

Would you be saying that if Villa had a filthy rich owner who was able to buy any player they wanted to win the title?  Personally, I dont see the point in critising clubs who have "bought" the title as I know for a fact, if we were in there position, we would have done the same and we would have loved every minute of it!  Plus (as a neautral), the fact that chelsea came into the mix, ended Manure's boring dominance which was nice to see.

Maybe I didn't phrase that very well. I wasn't critising Man City, I would love us to have enough money to buy our way to trophies, no problem with that at all. The point I was trying to make was that Milner and Barry left for a club that will pay them more money and have the financial means to put a squad together capable of winning trophies, proven by the fact that they have already won the FA Cup and qualified for the champions league.
When people say we let these players go I don't think we have much choice. Players have all the power these days and if I player decides he wants to leave then all you can do is get the best price for him. That doesn't just apply to us I think it applies to every club in the world. That is the way football is now

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal