collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Trinity Road restricted view seats  (Read 9674 times)

Offline arnie66

Trinity Road restricted view seats
« on: July 04, 2011, 01:16:53 PM »
Hi everyone

First post

I am looking to purchase a season ticket after a break of 7 years due to a combination of work and family commitments.  I was looking to buy a ticket in the Trinity Rd stand Block B.  There were three available seats in block B row 21, which was exactly what I was looking for.......however when progressing through the purchasing screens I noticed that there was an attached note advising that these seats were restricted view.

I have sat in this area before and I cannot remember any restricted view.....just wondering if any regulars can enlighten me, I dont want to spend £580 quid on a season ticket and then not be able to see anything !!

cheers Arnie 66

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
Re: Trinity Road restricted view seats
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2011, 01:26:32 PM »
I think it is the metal handrail. I looked at them last season, and think you would get frustrated ducking the action below and above it over a season.

I may be wrong though.

Offline arnie66

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 01:30:37 PM »
Thanks OzzJim

I might be able to put up with that........at least there won't be a 7ft 18stone giant sat rright in front of me

cheers 

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2011, 01:35:07 PM »
I went to look at 'restricted view' seats in Trinity Road having been told by Villa that the vision impairment was slight.
I agree with Ozzjim.  The restriction is at the very least irritating and the rails are quite heavy and capable of blocking out a goalmouth.  You would indeed be bobbing up and down and around.  Best to go and view if you are not convinced.

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2011, 01:36:01 PM »
I sat in a similarly restricted view seat in the Upper Witton once, and it is somewhat annoying.

Not a prob for a one off match, but I wouldn't want to have to do that every match of the season.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2011, 01:39:49 PM »

I have sat in this area before and I cannot remember any restricted view.....just wondering if any regulars can enlighten me, I dont want to spend £580 quid on a season ticket and then not be able to see anything !!

cheers Arnie 66

Is £580 the full price or are they offering a discount for "restricted view" ?

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 01:40:44 PM »

cheers Arnie 66

580 must be the full price, as that's the price of the most expensive season ticket in the ground.

Offline villarob

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2011, 01:56:23 PM »
If you buy in B1 it is £60 cheaper but still a good view, level with penalty area.

Offline Chipsticks

• GM : 22.04.2015
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2011, 02:50:32 PM »
If you've got the patience and are able to do so, I'd recommend waiting untill we have a friendly against someone crap and seat in those seats to see for yourself.

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2011, 03:55:40 PM »

cheers Arnie 66

580 must be the full price, as that's the price of the most expensive season ticket in the ground.

I still don't understand why my ticket in row 9, behind the away dugout is cheaper than a seat in the back row of the TR Upper and, as we've just discovered, cheaper than a "restricted view" seat in the TR Middle

Offline mozza

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2011, 03:59:29 PM »
Sounds like my seat in L6 and every other position in the stadium - 'you won't see many goals being scored next season'

But as with me keep the faith, you never know we might be surprised

Offline MarkM

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2011, 05:04:04 PM »
Buy in A1, its £520 and thier are a couple of front row seats still free

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2011, 05:07:28 PM »
As long as you're not a public sector worker, otherwise Mark will flick curry soaked chips at you.

Offline MarkM

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2011, 05:09:26 PM »
As long as you're not a public sector worker, otherwise Mark will flick curry soaked chips at you.

Nice

Although I have to say that curry is a bit working class for me ;-0

Offline Steve R

• GM : Aug, 2013
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2011, 11:28:51 PM »
I had two such seats when the Trinity first opened, they weren't then advertised as restricted view.

Don't underestimate how annoying the bars get. I gave the better view to my son and had a letterbox view myself regardless of where the ball was on the pitch.

I had the double whammy of not only weaving about the entire game but also in the last 5 minutes of each half the early drinkers/leavers dawdle past and you can be up and down like a yoyo.

To make it worse, if something interesting actually happens, they inevitably stop and watch - you may as well bugger off early yourself.

After two games of sheer frustration I was on the verge if investing in a Taser. I complained to the ticket office and was moved to a couple of really good seats that had been held back for 'corporates'.

If they are advertised as restricted view up front I doubt you'd get away with that though.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal