collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: David Cameron in Villa Shirt  (Read 52779 times)

Offline frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
Re: David Cameron in Villa Shirt
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2011, 03:57:08 PM »
In the Grauniad article it says that 'reportedly' his uncle was former Villa chairman Sir William Dugdale and he became a fan after he took him to a match.

Birmingham Mail:
David Cameron has been a follower of Aston Villa since he was a teenager.
And his choice of club is hardly surprising – for a love of Villa runs in his family.
Mr Cameron was taken to his first match aged 13 by his uncle, former Villa chairman Sir William Dugdale.
Seated in the directors’ box, the wide-eyed youngster was smitten and has been a fan ever since.

Read More http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2010/05/14/aston-villa-david-cameron-s-reasons-supporting-villa-revealed-97319-26444566/#ixzz1QrjJAptc

Online andrew08

• GM : 12.09.2021
« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2011, 03:58:35 PM »
I wouldn't want to be kicked from Witney to Aston either....in fact I'd say West Ham IS closer. Hang on....yep 7 miles closer according to AA route planner.

Offline eastie

« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2011, 04:01:48 PM »
As ever, time to point out this is the same David Cameron who always said he wasn't a Villa supporter.

Would that be the same David Cameron I saw on tv telling the world and Adrian chiles he is a villa fan and William dugdale took him there in his younger days- sir William being a close relative of the young Cameron.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2011, 04:04:55 PM »
I don't know why he has to jog anywhere, surely his bitch Clegg can carry him around on his shoulders.

The picture reminds me so much of the King Edwards, Scotland Lane kids that we used to beat up.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2011, 04:06:12 PM »
As ever, time to point out this is the same David Cameron who always said he wasn't a Villa supporter.

Would that be the same David Cameron I saw on tv telling the world and Adrian chiles he is a villa fan and William dugdale took him there in his younger days- sir William being a close relative of the young Cameron.

That's the one. Who also said before then that first of all he wasn't a Villa supporter, then he was a nominal one, then he was afraid of being compared to Blair circa the Wor Jackie farce.   

Online andrew08

« Reply #20 on: July 01, 2011, 04:08:27 PM »

If it was Tony Blair 5 years ago it would have been on the front cover of H & V, you should know how it is here by now. No Tories allowed !

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2011, 04:09:51 PM »
You'd think he could afford the latest shirt, unless he too isn't a fan of the checks.

He probably just wants to promote Acorns!

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2011, 04:12:36 PM »

If it was Tony Blair 5 years ago it would have been on the front cover of H & V, you should know how it is here by now. No Tories allowed !

If it was any self-seeking, publicity-hungry politician they would have got the same response, so if you want to make any more smartarse comments get your facts right. 

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2011, 04:13:37 PM »

I doubt it.
Blairs Newcastle remarks had the piss ripped out of them on here (and rightly so).

I cringe at the thought of any politician nailing our colours to their dubious masts, left, right or centre.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #24 on: July 01, 2011, 04:13:55 PM »

That's the one. Who also said before then that first of all he wasn't a Villa supporter, then he was a nominal one, then he was afraid of being compared to Blair circa the Wor Jackie farce.

Well, with that farce can you blame him.

Apart from ensuring he is bestest buddies with Willie, why would he want to associate himself with us just for publicity? When Blair was claiming Newcastle, that was when they were everywhere in the news and all the press was claiming they were every-bodies favourite second team.

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2011, 04:15:44 PM »

Well, with that farce can you blame him.

Apart from ensuring he is bestest buddies with Willie, why would he want to associate himself with us just for publicity? When Blair was claiming Newcastle, that was when they were everywhere in the news and all the press was claiming they were every-bodies favourite second team.
I think the team is pretty irrelevant (unless it was say Manure, which would make him look 'new fan')
It's done to show 'I'm normal, I love footy, just like you lot'

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2011, 04:20:07 PM »

If it was any self-seeking, publicity-hungry politician they would have got the same response, so if you want to make any more smartarse comments get your facts right.

So why is he following us then? That Journalist thought it was a West Ham shirt so we and he aren't getting much. In fact it was only the Cameron 10 thing they were interested in and he didn't even pose for that when asked. I suspect it was a shirt that was sent to him by the club in a similar vein to the "wedding gift" and Dougs to Willie a few years ago.

We are only a fishing bone and an IRA bomb away from having the hat trick of King, PM and Bank of England as fans. Then we can have the same blatant pressure on the FA to ensure success as Real Madrid get in Spain.

Offline mrfuse

• GM : 28.02.2023
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2011, 04:27:33 PM »

My first thought was crikey Friedels let himself go a bit!
« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 04:33:57 PM by mrfuse »

Online andrew08

« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »
[/quote]

[/quote]

That told me !

I best go stand in the corner then.

Offline Somniloquism

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2011, 04:37:47 PM »
Isn't there a Labour MP who is a Villa fan? Is it a good one or a shit one?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal