collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Toronto Villa
[Today at 08:36:41 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Gareth
[Today at 08:36:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Forge10
[Today at 08:36:13 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by usav
[Today at 08:34:45 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Brazilian Villain
[Today at 08:34:37 PM]

Re: Douglas Luiz - Confirmed confirmed by Demitri_C
[Today at 08:32:38 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 08:32:19 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Beard82
[Today at 08:31:50 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Phone calls from the Villa....  (Read 20401 times)

Offline GJH

Re: Phone calls from the Villa....
« Reply #75 on: July 08, 2011, 09:11:16 PM »
Chatting to a few people tonight who go up and they wont be renewing their tickets. Alot of fans are going down the non league teams to watch 22 guys who really want to play football. And the season ticket is £60!!

Thats 8 people to my knowledge who arent going next season. Its not a case of not supporting the club anymore, but where do the fans sit with the monster that is the premier league and Sky.

I think a lot of fans were looking for an excuse to jack it in next season, and the appointment of mcleish was the final decision maker.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #76 on: July 08, 2011, 10:42:44 PM »
Chatting to a few people tonight who go up and they wont be renewing their tickets. Alot of fans are going down the non league teams to watch 22 guys who really want to play football. And the season ticket is £60!!

Thats 8 people to my knowledge who arent going next season. Its not a case of not supporting the club anymore, but where do the fans sit with the monster that is the premier league and Sky.

I think a lot of fans were looking for an excuse to jack it in next season, and the appointment of mcleish was the final decision maker.
Thats interesting, was it down to the Blose connection or the lack of ambition this appointment seemed to signal?

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #77 on: July 09, 2011, 07:49:08 AM »
Hawkeye  i think his bluenose connection certainly may have played some part in some people not renewing but the 2 friends i know who are not renewing after years of supporting the club say it is a combination of things such as cost, players who could'nt give a shit, fixtures played at all sorts of time to suit TV ,putting reserve sides out for cup games,selling our best players every close season and a general feeling that at the moment the club seem happy just to make the numbers up. We all love the club and i am sure that if the club started to show some real ambition we will all be tempted back.

Offline GJH

« Reply #78 on: July 09, 2011, 09:46:42 AM »
Pooligan totally agree, those are all the reasons i have talked to them about.

I think it could be the lowest first home game gate against Blackburn for years! Especially if we lose to Fulham first game!

Fulham will be match fit aswell by the time we play them with their europa league campaign.

Another problem is that Mcleish will have no honeymoon period, as soon as we start to struggle the fans will turn on him. Guaranteed!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal