collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by VillaTim
[Today at 04:44:24 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 04:44:20 PM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Olneythelonely
[Today at 04:43:43 PM]

NSWE Investment by pauliewalnuts
[Today at 04:37:45 PM]

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by AV82EC
[Today at 04:35:28 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 04:29:07 PM]

150 celebrations by Dave P
[Today at 04:16:04 PM]

New Shirt Sponsor by Villan82
[Today at 04:07:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: 5% Villa- Oliver Holt Interview  (Read 48445 times)

Offline hilts_coolerking

• GM : 26.07.2021
Re: 5% Villa- Oliver Holt Interview
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2011, 11:18:04 PM »
It wouldn't have been too difficult to find out about it. Or to have been more balanced.
I'm afraid looking for balance from a tabloid journalist is a fool's errand.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2011, 11:19:58 PM »
If he admits he's not too well-read on the subject, why write about it?
Not much use having a chief football writer at a daily paper who's only allowed to cover Stockport County.  He's in the instant opinions business; that's why he writes for a tabloid.  Besides, there are still some on here who reckon O'Neill was hard done by.

It wouldn't have been too difficult to find out about it. Or to have been more balanced.

He'd have to go a long way to be as unbalanced on the subject as you are.

Looks like Ironic Post of the Century has been won already.

Online Sexual Ealing

• GM : PCM
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2011, 11:24:07 PM »
Not much use having a chief football writer at a daily paper who's only allowed to cover Stockport County.  He's in the instant opinions business; that's why he writes for a tabloid.  Besides, there are still some on here who reckon O'Neill was hard done by.

I don't know, I'd wait till all the postal votes have been counted.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2011, 11:32:10 PM »

My opinions are balanced by the facts that the support them. Where's the balance in yours?

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2011, 11:33:13 PM »
larf!

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2011, 11:36:19 PM »

My opinions are balanced by the facts that the support them. Where's the balance in yours?

Facts you create or lift from sketchy blogs don't count.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2011, 11:41:21 PM »

You're trying to beat your personal best, I'll say that.

O'Neill damaged the club I support. I don't need balance.

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2011, 11:43:22 PM »

Facts you create or lift from sketchy blogs don't count.

He is at least open about his sources, allowing you to judge for yourself.

You may prefer innuendo, but you'd be mistaken if you thought everyone else the same as you.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2011, 12:08:01 AM »

Your opinions are backed by your interpretation of the facts as you see them, same as everybody else on here.

Offline KevinGage

• GM : 20.09.20
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2011, 12:21:28 AM »

You may prefer innuendo, but you'd be mistaken if you thought everyone else the same as you.

The nightclub in Evesham? That's a bit presumptuous, as I've never been.

Blathering on about facts and then regularly citing half arsed economics from such esteemed websites as Swiss Butter Mountain or whatever it was might raise questions about ones credibility just a tad, wouldn't you agree?

Online Sexual Ealing

« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2011, 12:31:00 AM »

Blathering on about facts and then regularly citing half arsed economics from such esteemed websites as Swiss Butter Mountain or whatever it was might raise questions about ones credibility just a tad, wouldn't you agree?

As I said, he lets you know where his information's from. You choose to deigrate it, which is up to you.

There are several millions of pounds in unspoken settlements that indicate that he may be nearer the mark than you, Mr W. and gregnash when it comes to what's happened over the last year or so.

As the above looks a bit too much like the innuendo I complained of earlier, let me just confirm that anything I have written is nothing more than conjecture, based on a personal hunch.

I can't be bothered to read obscure blogs, or to pretend that I know or knew the mind of any of our departed managers.

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2011, 12:38:26 AM »

As I said, he lets you know where his information's from. You choose to deigrate it, which is up to you.

There are several millions of pounds in unspoken settlements that indicate that he may be nearer the mark than you, Mr W. and gregnash when it comes to what's happened over the last year or so.

As the above looks a bit too much like the innuendo I complained of earlier, let me just confirm that anything I have written is nothing more than conjecture, based on a personal hunch.

I can't be bothered to read obscure blogs, or to pretend that I know or knew the mind of any of our departed managers.

He could have been awarded one penny or one billion pounds, it makes no difference. The fact is that he walked out at the most difficult time possible. Everything he had done, or will do, has to be judged against that. 

Offline Bad English

• I am Perpignan Villa
  • GM : 29.03.2025
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2011, 12:40:09 AM »
Facts don't do what I want them to.

Offline Villa'Zawg

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 12:43:50 AM »

Your opinions are backed by your interpretation of the facts as you see them, same as everybody else on here.

My opinions are based on an acceptance of the facts. That isn't the same as everybody else on here.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #29 on: June 26, 2011, 12:46:47 AM »
What a load of cock. MON sues people all the time, and most of them for imagined slights that normal people would shrug off.. A guy who sued a website and won for printing a letter from a villa fan criticising him ffs - any normal manager would live with it. He left us in the lurch and then decided to milk the club for a bit more money as his ego was hurt..  If he was that interested in showing everyone how hard done by he was, rather than just pocketing the money, he would have took the Villa case to court and let all the details into the public - the fact he decided to go down the route he did tells you all you need to know

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal