collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Young can't be replaced - Delph  (Read 11264 times)

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
Re: Young can't be replaced - Delph
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 07:29:25 PM »
We have to look around for young players with potential like AY . Maybe we should look at Oxlade-Chamberlain at Southampton . 

Offline KRS

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 07:53:26 PM »
I've said to my ManUre supporting friends that AY would be the perfect signing for them since this rumour started...always moaning to the ref and diving at the slightest touches to win free kicks around the box.

He will do well for them and I think he'll be asked/forced to put in extra hours training every day to make sure his crossing and set pieces are up to standard on match days...the simplest of things that seem to be sadly missing in the training methods at VP. Pretty sure we'll see the same old AY but his delivery will be much improved and defenders will stand off more giving him more space simply because they will also be concentrating on the quality players alongside him.

Offline Dave Cooper please

• GM : 20.04.2019
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 09:21:24 PM »
We have to look around for young players with potential like AY . Maybe we should look at Oxlade-Chamberlain at Southampton . 

We should sign him just for the extra letter sales in the club shop.

Offline mozza

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 09:36:00 PM »
On away trips do players shack-up together ? Doubt it very much but Fabian sounds like Young7's room mate-

Provided Downing doesn't fly the nest and we could possibly sign Insomnia from Wigan I don't reckon we will
miss Ashley, it's time for Super Marc to step up to the plate -     

Offline Nirog72

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 10:08:16 PM »
Oxlade Chamberlain looks great but I suspect may go to a top 4 club. Hopefully he would come to us as a place he will play more and develop properly but then you are back to the 'Stepping Stone' thing and the resentment this seems to generate.

Offline Sarunyu

• http://astonvillaforever.multiply.com/
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 08:15:48 AM »
IMO we can put Downing back to Left and Give Albrighton more start up. I would love to see Bentley on our shirt and play right.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 09:21:50 PM »
Thanks for the memories Ashley, you will be missed. We can replace but it won't be the same, we may even find someone better, did anyone think he was going to turn out this good?
I'm glad he went to Man Utd tbh, he's gone to one of the best teams in the world and I can't blame him. Goodbye and good luck

Online Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2011, 09:45:11 PM »
What does Delph know about it ? Hes not the manager is he ? Hes just a kid.

Concentrate on your playing son, leave the managing to the manager. (Said in a scottish accent)

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 10:38:32 PM »
There's a rumour that season ticket sales for the Lower Holte have rocketed in the past 48 hours, as fans are not now so concerned about getting hit in the face by an Ashley Young free kick.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2011, 10:31:12 AM »
i wonder now he has gone to manure, if he will get one of those crap nicknames like "AY7"?

Offline tommy_boy

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2011, 12:56:46 PM »
Young is a quality player and we won't be able to replace him directly. But with Marc taking his place, and one or two additions in midfield we can easily cover the job he did for us. We will probably play more directly and through the middle, although with Marc and Downing, if Stewart stays, we will have almost the same amount of crosses. Anyway Young could nold on the ball and his crosses were not so consistent as many think. He was less efficient than we think, because he offered a lot of excitement and highlghts.

Offline ROBBO

• GM : 15.01.2025
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2011, 01:44:26 PM »
Young leaving is not a wrench when Barry or Milner left for me. We have super Marc who can fill the gap and other midfielders who should come on this season - Delph for example.

Albrighton shows promise but to call him super is over the top, he isn't as yet anywhere near the quality of AY.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2011, 03:03:11 PM »
He wasn't a great player and we will replace him. Let's not forget that for the last season ans half  he has been frustrating and mostly ineffective. He is  not a Brian or  a Sid type of proper great player.

Exactly

Good player yes but far too full of his own self importance

Offline Monty

• GM : 25.05.2024
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2011, 03:11:15 PM »
The thing with Young is that he's a real final-phase player, the one you get the ball to at the end of a move to deliver the final ball or shot. He's bloody good at it, as well, but when he was in the free-role and was entrusted to dictate our play his lack of patience and forethought was exposed, usually as he'd go for the Hollywood ball to early and give it away, or go on an ill-advised dribble and end up down a blind alley, shoot early and miss or, off the ball, make a run beyond the forward far too early, leaving an unbridgeable gap between the forward players and the midfield. He's not irreplaceable because our play didn't depend on his brain but his feet - and we have other players with the feet to make a difference. It's the brains in midfield we lack, and have lacked for a very long time.

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2011, 03:45:12 PM »
I loved Ashley Young and thought he was ace, but I'll never understand why he needed to beat a player three times before putting a cross in.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal