collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: WOW - Ron Saunders on AVTV next week  (Read 21025 times)

Offline montague

• GM : 13.12.2015
Re: WOW - Ron Saunders on AVTV next week
« Reply #75 on: June 30, 2011, 01:06:55 PM »
The first part of the interview was a bit shaky and Ron seemed a bit nervous. he did use the 110% phrase though. Part 2 today much better and Ron was getting into his stride - as dry and unforthcoming, and therefore recognisable, as ever - but always with a twinkle in the eye. Interesting he bigged up Brian Little and Sid but when asked about Andy Gray said he doesnt discuss individuals. Good story about Tony Morley and Ken McNaught ringing him a couple of weeks ago to see if they could pop up to see him with a few fans to get an autograph. Asked the one key attribute to be a good manager he replied Shape. I like the way as well he takes no personal credit - its all about the players. Good stuff - if he can be persuaded to write a book now that would be great.

Nie to see him in the dressing room. Not sure who the interviewer was but hes no Paxman.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 01:10:58 PM by montague »

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #76 on: June 30, 2011, 02:37:48 PM »
Is there anyway any of us can see it that don't have AVTV ???

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #77 on: June 30, 2011, 08:26:42 PM »
Thanks to B.T. I have seen the light!!

Hallelujah brother

We are all going to die!!

We're doomed and headed for hell and damnation.....oops sorry no Blose derby this year, shit the end of the world will just have to be put on hold

Offline oldtimernow

• GM : 18.09.2024
« Reply #78 on: June 30, 2011, 08:36:47 PM »
Do not misunderstand me. I appreciate the legacy Saunders created at this great club and I am also fully conscious of the depressing days you witnessed in the lower divisions. But surely the climb through the divisions excited you? And the utter delight when you saw us lift the League Trophy and the European Cup suppressed the disappointment of the previous years?

You must ask yourself what have the younger generation at Villa Park witnessed? When is our romance going to begin?

Sorry romance is a thing that lives in the past and will always be there and fondly remembered.

You should be asking when will our chance of passion begin  and the answer is every new season, just like everybody else's

Offline jonc73

« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2011, 04:14:52 PM »
I watched the three sections on my IPod.  I'm all up for remembering the past, I just wish we were still as good today.It was interesting stuff at times-but what an awkward so and so....legend that he undoubtably is. Bit rude at the end too I thought. I found it hard believe that he had so much difficulty using the word 'proud'

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #80 on: July 02, 2011, 04:46:16 PM »
How do you get the Promo Code to register free as a season ticket holder? Renewed a few weeks ago and haven't had anything... should I e-mail them?

Offline HK Villan

« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2011, 03:36:37 PM »
Dare I say it, although I have immense respect for the man and what he did for Aston Villa, it wasn't exactly the most forthcoming of interviews, and I suspect the interviewer found it hard work.  He did look nervous at times and I almost felt sorry he had to answer some of those questions - like 'just how good was Gordon Cowans?'  We all know just how good he was.  But then again, what did I expect?  Probably exactly what we got.

Highlight for me was hearing that he was surprised at his reception at Villa Park when he came on at half time a few years ago - good to know he knows the respect in which he is held by Villa supporters young and old.  Also to hear that he did watch (at least part of - typical!) the European Cup Final, and although not proud (perish the thought) that he was delighted for the players and supporters.  A true Villa legend.

Offline robbo1874

« Reply #82 on: July 04, 2011, 04:58:46 AM »
"I ain't getting on no plane, fool."

Mr T

" Es are good, Es are good..."

Mr C

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal