collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Our captain for 11/12 season  (Read 13708 times)

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
Re: Our captain for 11/12 season
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2011, 01:53:45 PM »
Needs to be a regular team  member. If we sign Shay I would like Given it to him.

Offline timeoutbigbar

« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2011, 01:54:54 PM »
I'm not saying it should be Petrov but it will be i'm pretty sure.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 02:15:43 PM »
Gabby? I honestly don't expect to see Gabby as a regular in the starting 11.

You seriously must be joking, the threat Gabby poses is immense, that threat was missing for the entire season, Villa attack looked like a drink of water, and to a some part IMO, Gabby and the threat he carries and that being missing, his link play with Ashley Young not being there is one reason why we ended up where we did.

I just don't get why Villa fans underestimate a Gabby Agbonlahor in full flight and at his best, in fact if I was Man Utd i would purchase the pair, because as I remember Gabby and Ash where probably one of the most potent double acts in the Premiership.

Offline pedro25

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 02:22:20 PM »
Bent is better than Gabby and we need 3 in the middle so we don't get overrun so I see Gabby as an impact player next season and not a starter.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 02:34:54 PM »
Bent is better than Gabby and we need 3 in the middle so we don't get overrun so I see Gabby as an impact player next season and not a starter.

Bent is very good providing he receives ball to feet and he's got a great gaping goal right in front of him, reference the England game, and that's not a swipe at Darren Bent, and i certainly wouldn't rest on my laurels expecting a 20 goal session from him next season, Gabby is a different animal altogether, Bent is the classic old style goal poacher, brilliant with good instinct for the goal, right place at the right time, excellent, anything more and i'd expect more talent out of a Morris 1000, but that my opinion only. We shall see in the passage of time.

Gabby Agbonlahor is like an express train, he can be completely unpredictable,  i wouldn't mind betting if you took an opinion poll of the Premierships top defenders like Vidic or Ferdinand, John Terry or Gallas all of who Agbonlahor has obliterated with consummate ease they would have no problem in telling you which one they would prefer to face on match day.

I wouldn't make Gabby a Captain, he would without a doubt be one of my first names up on the squad team sheet. No problem.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2011, 02:40:10 PM by Villanation »

Offline Villanation

« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 02:38:50 PM »

Bent is very good providing he receives ball to feet and he's got a great gaping goal right in front of him, reference the England game, and that's not a swipe at Darren Bent, and i certainly wouldn't rest on my laurels expecting a 20 goal session from him next season, Gabby is a different animal altogether, Bent is the classic old style goal poacher, brilliant with good instinct for the goal, right place at the right time, excellent, anything more and i'd expect more talent out of a Morris 1000, but that my opinion only. We shall see in the passage of time.

Gabby Agbonlahor is like an express train, he can be completely unpredictable,  i wouldn't mind betting if you took an opinion poll of the Premierships top defenders like Vidic or Ferdinand, John Terry or Gallas all of who Agbonlahor has obliterated with consummate ease they would have no problem in telling you which one they would prefer to face on match day.

I wouldn't make Gabby a Captain, he would without a doubt be one of my first names up on the squad team sheet. No problem.

Offline avfcpg

• http://www.flashfitness.me
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
Bent vs Gabby as centre forward? No contest....goals talk. Could be pretty potent as a two up front though. Gabby is no winger though and it could be another tough year for him if we go one up front.   

Offline pedro25

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2011, 03:01:25 PM »
Yer asking Vidic, Rio etc who they prefer to face has very little to do with the quality of the forward, I bet 10 yrs ago centre halves would rather wake up knowing they were facing Michael Owen than Duncan Ferguson for example.  So what little Owen is a better player and will probably score, at least they wont have their jaw broken by an animal like Ferguson.  I'm sure they don't like trying to chase Gabby round the pitch, but that doesn't mean he is anywhere near as effective a striker for us than Bent is, because he is not.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2011, 03:02:23 PM »
Lee Bowyer

Offline Mister E

• GM : 16.02.2025
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2011, 03:16:23 PM »
Gardner
Gary is a little inexperienced right now but it may be him in a couple of years.

Offline adrenachrome

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2011, 03:21:30 PM »
Liam Ridgewell

Offline UK Redsox

• GM : 10.02.2025
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2011, 03:46:24 PM »
It should be A N Other.

It will be S Petrov

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2011, 03:56:41 PM »
Scott Dann

Offline Big Dick Edwards

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2011, 04:22:54 PM »
Our new captain will be a big new signing. My money's on Adam.

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2011, 04:39:34 PM »
Of current players Petrov by an absolute mile.

That said I hope we get a new signing capable of the job.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal