collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Summer transfer fund.  (Read 19232 times)

Offline Villafirst

Re: Summer transfer fund.
« Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 01:07:56 PM »
AM said at the press conference that he's unsure that he'll get ALL the Young money to re-invest. Which means that the budget will probably be only about £15M. So much for backing the new Manager. He'll have to wheel and deal at the 2nd / 3rd tier level for players. No chance of getting back in the top-six with that sort of strategy. All this talk of £30M is wide of the mark - as AM stated: ''there's no pot of gold''

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 01:34:50 PM »
AM said at the press conference that he's unsure that he'll get ALL the Young money to re-invest. Which means that the budget will probably be only about £15M. So much for backing the new Manager. He'll have to wheel and deal at the 2nd / 3rd tier level for players. No chance of getting back in the top-six with that sort of strategy. All this talk of £30M is wide of the mark - as AM stated: ''there's no pot of gold''

when did he say that? He didn't talk specifically about finances and certainly not about spending any percentage of the money from a deal that was not 100% done. He alluded to the fact that they would have to responsible and mentioned FFP a couple of times.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 01:39:35 PM »

when did he say that? He didn't talk specifically about finances and certainly not about spending any percentage of the money from a deal that was not 100% done. He alluded to the fact that they would have to responsible and mentioned FFP a couple of times.

He was quoted in last night's B'ham Mail - I'm just re-iterating what he said.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 01:40:04 PM »
I'm amazed, or maybe not that its rumoured Young is going for just 15ML, the fact that there could be a player swap involved thus reducing that further, would just go to show Man U aren't exactly chomping at the bit to get him, in that case Ash needs to look at that, maybe he would be much better of staying where he is and playing week in week out instead of warming a bench.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 01:52:56 PM »
I'm amazed, or maybe not that its rumoured Young is going for just 15ML, the fact that there could be a player swap involved thus reducing that further, would just go to show Man U aren't exactly chomping at the bit to get him, in that case Ash needs to look at that, maybe he would be much better of staying where he is and playing week in week out instead of warming a bench.

I hope he does spend most of his time warming the bench to prove that the grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Offline QBVILLA

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 01:55:16 PM »

IMO he'll be a regular but if not he'll be 'Warming a bench' for over 100k a week plus bonuses.There aren't many players who say no when Manure come calling.Unfortunately that is.I'd prefer it to be straight cash as the likes of Brown and Gibson aren't the exciting signings Mcleish really needs to help his difficult start as our manager

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 02:05:05 PM »
I still think all is not right with the AY deal, seems to have been going on for far too long

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 02:09:15 PM »
I still think all is not right with the AY deal, seems to have been going on for far too long

AM said he's on holiday and will be sorted soon

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 02:10:19 PM »

That could be a major blow to us.  Don't get me wrong - I want him to stay, but only if he signs a new contract, which I can't see happening now.  Having him walk for nothing in 12 months would be a disaster.

Offline Villafirst

« Reply #39 on: June 22, 2011, 02:16:06 PM »

That could be a major blow to us.  Don't get me wrong - I want him to stay, but only if he signs a new contract, which I can't see happening now.  Having him walk for nothing in 12 months would be a disaster.

Too right, because there's no additional transfer money.

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2011, 02:21:32 PM »

AM said he's on holiday and will be sorted soon

In a few days????

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2011, 02:37:20 PM »

No, beacuse any club would rather sell then have a Bosman departure 12 months later.

Offline Villanation

« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2011, 02:49:12 PM »

Maybe the case, may also be the case its better to get rid now than have him walk for free.

However, I consider a good season next season is paramount, we are not blessed with the most tactically ingenious manager in the ball park, certainly when it comes to attack and for me and the sake of 15ML I would look to keep him and get the most from him, he would definitely give AM more options, and he'll need as many options as he can get his hands on.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2011, 03:06:40 PM »
We could have between 20 to 25 million to spend including player sales that's what I reckon.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2011, 03:12:47 PM »
£30m.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal