collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Stephen Warnock  (Read 11182 times)

Offline Concrete John

• GM : Mar, 2014
Re: Stephen Warnock
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2011, 02:11:05 PM »
well the proof in the pudding is how many of the players who were totally out of the running under MON, started shouting the odds when Houllier took over and they still found themselves in the cold? Maybe i've missed it but i don't remember too many "Beye - let me go Houllier" or "Curtis demands move" headlines. The only ones who played up were exclusively from those who were no longer nailed on starters and think they can still cut it in the premiership

To me that was Gezza's frosty exterior and methods rubbing them up the wrong way.  You could also argue that regular/nailed starters who no longer got an automatic place didn't create any trouble, such as Gabby and Cuellar.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2011, 02:48:12 PM »
I think Dunne, Warnock and Ireland should be fucked off post haste, if nothing else to underline that you don't get away with behaving like they have at this football club.

It's a perfect opportunity under a new regime to make it clear the standards expected, especially as we will be bringing players through at the start of their careers. We don't need bitter bastards with grudges stinking the place out, and besides they'll only get in the way.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2011, 02:56:26 PM »
Would anyone add Collins to the list of players mentioned above?  He was involved in a bust up with the coaching staff as well.  Just saying.  I like Collins as a player but not sure his partnership with Dunne has lived up to the previous seasons standard.

Online LeeB

« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
Would anyone add Collins to the list of players mentioned above?  He was involved in a bust up with the coaching staff as well.  Just saying.  I like Collins as a player but not sure his partnership with Dunne has lived up to the previous seasons standard.

I thought about that, and I'd give him another chance as other that he's behaved (as far as we know), and he puts him body on the line enough to give him the benefit.

Needs to toe the line though, and could do with making himself a bit leaner.

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »

I thought about that, and I'd give him another chance as other that he's behaved (as far as we know), and he puts him body on the line enough to give him the benefit.

Needs to toe the line though, and could do with making himself a bit leaner.

True, he seems to put his body in front of the ball than the other defenders. Its a shame we didnt get to see him and cuellar more in the heart of the defence.

Online LeeB

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2011, 03:07:36 PM »
Agreed.

Offline hartman_1982

« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2011, 03:13:31 PM »
Collins positioning is awful. Keep as a back up maybe but if his wages are too high, get him out.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »
Give him another chance if he wants it? I heard he wanted out regardless, im sure time will tell !!

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2011, 03:46:44 PM »
If it was me personally I would get rid of Collins as well as Dunne. Apart from being involved in Chairgate, didn't he break another curfew as well?

Too many players take the piss, I wouldn't mind if any of theme were remotely close to world beaters but they aint

Offline jonzy85

« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2011, 04:48:48 PM »
I think people are being a bit precious about Warnock and the other named players.

Of course, we all want everyone of the players to be completely professional 100% of the time and fully committed to Villa. But unfortunately that is not going to be the case with every player. I dont want to be mates with these players, I just want them to play well for Aston Villa, even if everyone of them is a jumped up twat.

Ireland is a case in point. I absolutley hated him before he came to Villa for the way he has disrepsected the Irish national team and he has done nothing to endear himself since his arrival. However, I do recognise that he could potentially be a class player for us under the right manager and if he is, I will still consider him a c***.

As for the others, I dont see where the hatred against them comes from. The issues they had was with the previous management. That regime is gone, they are still here, I dont see why we wouldnt give them a clean slate.

In my view, the way Rooney acted at Man U last year was far worse than  anything Collins, Dunne or Warnock did from the fans point of view. Ditto with Tevez at Man City.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal