collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: AVTV - Free for season ticket holders but when?  (Read 13608 times)

Offline VillaAlways

• GM : 23.10.2016
Re: AVTV - Free for season ticket holders but when?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2011, 11:54:38 AM »
My subscription expired on Monday and I had a telephone call from AVTV on Tuesday offering a new deal.  I said it would come with my season ticket but they didn't seem to know!  My season ticket has arrived today and I activated AVTV OK using email address and password.  Perhaps it works because it had expired so I signed up as a new subscriber and was OK because I used a userid rather than email previously so there was no conflict. If your subscription is still valid can you not follow the instructions for existing subscribers?

The subscription only runs until 31 May so what happens then?  I suppose we will be in limbo for two months until season tickets arrive again and will get phone calls and email asking to sign up permanently.  Maybe they will offer a cheap (free?) short-term sign-up to fill the gap?  No, probably not!.
Thanks SV.What do you mean by using userID rather than e-mail ? Sorry for being a pain

Offline Dave Summers

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2011, 12:19:09 PM »
Had loads of "fun and games" with this as I mentioned on another thread.

I was also a subscriber but when I went in, following all the instructions in the pack, there wasn't an option to "buy" as stated.   

I contacted the club and they put me through to a chap called Bobby, at AVTV I believe and he couldn't have been more helpful.   He took my number and contacted the help desk on my behalf and then called me back.  He also suggested that if I was still struggling that I could email them my email address and password and they would re-set it for me, to expire on 31st May.

After another couple of unsuccessful attempts, this is what I eventually did and I had an email last night advising that they had re-set me for the season.   You just go in and use their password that they email you and then you can change to a password you can remember, when you are logged in.

I can sympathise with people who are fed up that they won't call back, as I asked them probably four times over the course of the emails.   They don't appear to like to speak to people, preferring to email.

I would suggest if all else fails, to email them with your email address and password and ask them to re-set for you.

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2011, 12:46:54 PM »
Had loads of "fun and games" with this as I mentioned on another thread.

I was also a subscriber but when I went in, following all the instructions in the pack, there wasn't an option to "buy" as stated.   

I contacted the club and they put me through to a chap called Bobby, at AVTV I believe and he couldn't have been more helpful.   He took my number and contacted the help desk on my behalf and then called me back.  He also suggested that if I was still struggling that I could email them my email address and password and they would re-set it for me, to expire on 31st May.

After another couple of unsuccessful attempts, this is what I eventually did and I had an email last night advising that they had re-set me for the season.   You just go in and use their password that they email you and then you can change to a password you can remember, when you are logged in.

I can sympathise with people who are fed up that they won't call back, as I asked them probably four times over the course of the emails.   They don't appear to like to speak to people, preferring to email.

I would suggest if all else fails, to email them with your email address and password and ask them to re-set for you.

Thanks Dave.Think I'll contact them directly

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2011, 02:21:21 PM »
My subscription expired on Monday and I had a telephone call from AVTV on Tuesday offering a new deal.  I said it would come with my season ticket but they didn't seem to know!  My season ticket has arrived today and I activated AVTV OK using email address and password.  Perhaps it works because it had expired so I signed up as a new subscriber and was OK because I used a userid rather than email previously so there was no conflict. If your subscription is still valid can you not follow the instructions for existing subscribers?

The subscription only runs until 31 May so what happens then?  I suppose we will be in limbo for two months until season tickets arrive again and will get phone calls and email asking to sign up permanently.  Maybe they will offer a cheap (free?) short-term sign-up to fill the gap?  No, probably not!.
Thanks SV.What do you mean by using userID rather than e-mail ? Sorry for being a pain

I signed in with my name (firstlast) instead of email which is first_last. e.g.surreyvillan not surrey_villain@hotmail.com. My new activation uses the email instead.

Offline KRS

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2011, 03:43:55 PM »
I cant make it to all the games and wont be buying a season ticket however I am interested in AVTV. I think it would be a good idea for the club to give a free one game trial for AVTV in order to increase subscriptions. Personally I wouldnt buy without trying especially when you can view the games for free on many streams, however a trial should show the difference in quality and stability that may make me become an AVTV subscriber. The friendly game this weekend would be an ideal opportunity for the club to do such a free trial.

Offline frankmosswasmyuncle

• GM : 05.09.2024
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2011, 05:02:19 PM »
Thanks for the advice guys!
Am still gonna wait til after the Braga game before i make any attempt to sort it, otherwise i would end up killing cat (or bluenose next door!) in frustration.
Will follow the instructions in the pack before i try some of the alternatives on here; then phone Bobby; then shout at my laptop a lot!
Thanks again all!

Offline VillaAlways

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2011, 12:08:27 AM »
Well it was all pretty painless in the end and was sorted by e-mail.They deleted all my old details and I just logged back on as a new customer.Thanks for the advice all

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2011, 07:50:54 PM »
Still can't renew mine they sent me some instructions on clearing down my passwords but it still doesn't work on any internet browser bloody rubbish.

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2011, 10:01:11 PM »
Anyone with this seen the links of the news and views site with videos of Barton and Verhoek up on our site?

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #24 on: August 06, 2011, 08:49:20 AM »
What time does the Braga game kick off?

Offline eastie

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2011, 08:56:12 AM »
6pm i think our time.

Offline cheltenhamlion

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 10:13:23 AM »
Ta

Offline Karlos96

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, 07:50:43 PM »
Still can't renew mine they sent me some instructions on clearing down my passwords but it still doesn't work on any internet browser bloody rubbish.

Well after numerous emails they said that they have finally sorted this out.  I queried whether my subscription from last year will be cancelled and it won't be renewed they confirmed this would be the case.  Checked my bank today and there's a direct debit for Premium TV, bloody useless.

Offline Surrey Villain

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, 07:57:31 PM »
The shit will hit the fan again on 1st June 2012 when season ticket holders realise they can't get AVTV anymore and will presumably have to wait until August again for it to be renewed with their season ticket. Shocking organisation and PR. 

Offline BC54 VFC

• GM : 29.05.2015
« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, 09:24:25 PM »
The shit will hit the fan again on 1st June 2012 when season ticket holders realise they can't get AVTV anymore and will presumably have to wait until August again for it to be renewed with their season ticket. Shocking organisation and PR. 

That's a very good point; what they should have done is continued until 31st July, 2012, and then progressively cancelled any AVTV subscriptions for those who have not renewed their ST's, throughout June and July, as and when the respective deadline renewal dates have passed for the various different areas of the ground. Simple really!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal