collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Sid stays on  (Read 7490 times)

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Sid stays on
« on: June 19, 2011, 12:57:44 PM »

Offline manic-road

Re: Sid stays on
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 01:03:25 PM »
Good to see some good news coming from the club. He has done an excellent job with the youngsters.

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 01:05:28 PM »
Fantastic news. When I heard appointing Hughes would have meant no Sid I didn't want him to come to Villa.

Offline KRS

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 01:06:19 PM »
Good decision.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 01:09:40 PM »
So has he gone back to his old job? He's rapidly becoming one of those things that you inherit when your move into a new house, like a hibernating tortoise that they didn't want to move for fear of killing it.

Offline PaulTheVillan

• GM : 16.08.2022
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 01:15:09 PM »
So has he gone back to his old job? He's rapidly becoming one of those things that you inherit when your move into a new house, like a hibernating tortoise that they didn't want to move for fear of killing it.

Doesn't say anything about him going back to his old job. Looks like he's a first team coach.

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 01:20:33 PM »
well he won't be much use with the youth team any more

SC: "Hi Alex, I've got a load of exciting young players full of potential and comfortable with the passing game"

AM: *facepalm* "MON warned me about you......"
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:32:58 PM by gregnash »

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 01:30:51 PM »
Glad to hear Mcleish is retaining Sid on the coaching staff; definitely the right decision for me

Plus if he'd had have got rid no doubt there would be another protest outside the Holte End...

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 01:42:00 PM »
Sid being kept on is great news for all those worried about the tactics etc of McLeish. The only coach I am bothered about him bringing from Blues is the keeper coach.

Online Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 01:46:35 PM »
It might be a good idea for him to sign a new 'keeper aswell.

Online Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 01:50:37 PM »

I think that will be very high on his list Leeg. Safe to say, even if you doubt his abilities as a manager, he'll still be employing a goalkeeper in his first XI :)

Dave Watson really helped Hart, and has done a very good job with Foster. I think having a coach of that repute will aid our search for a keeper. It might also allow us get someone like Rob Green who'd be a lot cheaper than Foster, but is still at an age that with the right encouragement and coaching can ressurect his career like Paul Robinson has.

Offline mozza

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 02:12:42 PM »
Got ONE decision right

Offline ozzjim

• GM : 30.08.2022
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 02:16:11 PM »

I think that will be very high on his list Leeg. Safe to say, even if you doubt his abilities as a manager, he'll still be employing a goalkeeper in his first XI :)

Dave Watson really helped Hart, and has done a very good job with Foster. I think having a coach of that repute will aid our search for a keeper. It might also allow us get someone like Rob Green who'd be a lot cheaper than Foster, but is still at an age that with the right encouragement and coaching can ressurect his career like Paul Robinson has.

Interesting point of view. I would be reluctant to spend more than 10 million on a defender and keepers when we need a winger, a creative mid, holding mid and left and right backs. Green for 2 million, Mills from the Championship and someone like Al Habsi to battle Green might serve us better than Dann and Foster for 20 million.

Offline Shrek

• It goes Football, Formula 1, Cricket in that order
  • GM : 04.06.2015
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 02:31:11 PM »
Thing is Dann and Foster are a big improvement on what we have and are alot better than Green and Mills.

Quality costs.

Offline KRS

« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2011, 02:44:47 PM »
It might also allow us get someone like Rob Green who'd be a lot cheaper than Foster, but is still at an age that with the right encouragement and coaching can ressurect his career like Paul Robinson has.
Never rated Green but there must be a good goalkeeper hiding in there somewhere. It would be a gamble and the right coaching and encouragement could bring his confidence back. Personally...I'd prefer a safe pair of hands behind our back four as it breeds confidence as a unit.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal