collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: FFP by Risso
[Today at 09:49:37 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Risso
[Today at 09:46:02 PM]

Re: FFP by The Edge
[Today at 09:45:14 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by TelfordVilla
[Today at 09:41:43 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by FrankyH
[Today at 09:34:28 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by dave shelley
[Today at 09:33:06 PM]

Re: Gordon Cowans by markeeeebeeee2005
[Today at 09:23:09 PM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Ads
[Today at 09:19:21 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: German Villans' Reunion  (Read 5246 times)

Online frank

• GM : 29.01.2025
German Villans' Reunion
« on: June 19, 2011, 12:31:31 AM »
After reading Archie's excellent report on the Latin Lions' recent visit to Villa Park, I thought you might be interested in pictures of the German Villans' reunion in the Rhineland last weekend. Members came from all over Germany to the venue in Grevenbroich, between Cologne and Düsseldorf.
The weekend began with a tour of FC Cologne's stadium, where Dirk Unschuld, the Villan's chairman, is the club historian. The stadium was being prepared for a rock concert.

The meeting was held at a sports club in Grevenbroich

where we were greeted by the German Villans' banner

and presented with commemorative badges

Music was provided by Villa fans James and Diane, who work as professional musicians in Germany

And in the bar the toast was Aston Villa and Anglo-German friendship

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 12:43:08 AM by frank »

Offline The Left Side

Re: German Villans' Reunion
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2011, 03:05:34 AM »
Great pics, I thought the north stand was being worked on for a second!

Offline itbrvilla

• GM : 16.02.2022
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2011, 03:51:41 AM »
Love the cologne stadium. One of the best. Grat pics. Are you all Germans? How many members are there?

Offline Percy McCarthy

• King City Online
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2011, 07:59:30 AM »
Nice thread and pictures. Anybody who knows Frank knows he is a great ambassador for Villa, and a nice bloke too.

Offline Archie

« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2011, 08:31:27 AM »
Excellent job, Frank, as usual, apart from the fact that I, although am not too interested in German football, have a soft spot for Borussia Monchengladbach, that are just the bitter rivals of Koln.
Nothing against Koln though, nice city and beautiful old, gothic cathedral.

P.S. Yes, Frank is a special bloke, a true legend among the Villa fans and also honorary consul of the Latin Lions.

Offline darren woolley

• GM : 12.12.2024
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2011, 08:44:04 AM »
It's nice to know there are Villains all over the world.

Online frank

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2011, 10:16:30 AM »
Love the cologne stadium. One of the best. Grat pics. Are you all Germans? How many members are there?
They have about 50 members from all over Germany and regularly come to Villa games, most recently Liverpool and West Brom, sometimes in small groups and sometimes by coach. They're all German apart from James and Diane, myself and Mike Sanford of Villa, who used to run the international supporters' clubs. If anything, they're more passionate about Villa than we are, and there's been furious debate on their website about recent developments.

Offline robinleper

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2011, 10:20:02 AM »
I live in Paderborn. Could you give me details about your coming events. I do miss my beloved when i'm over here and there aren't many opportunities to meet fellow Villa fans.

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2011, 10:20:33 AM »
Good news would be boring to read all the time, but these photographs and posts are good to look at and read.

Online frank

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2011, 10:26:56 AM »
I live in Paderborn. Could you give me details about your coming events. I do miss my beloved when i'm over here and there aren't many opportunities to meet fellow Villa fans.
Contact info@germanvillans98.de. I think they'll be organising a trip to a home game early in the new season. Their website is http://www.germanvillans98.de/homepage/home.html

Offline robinleper

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2011, 10:50:08 AM »
Contact info@germanvillans98.de. I think they'll be organising a trip to a home game early in the new season. Their website is http://www.germanvillans98.de/homepage/home.html

Vielen Dank

Offline nodge

• GM : 23.02.2024
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2011, 11:01:50 AM »
Great seeing the pics from Villains around the world.
Saw loads of the Irish Lions in the David Targett Suite before the Liverpool game.  Any chance of theirs being posted?

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2011, 11:42:40 AM »
They have about 50 members from all over Germany and regularly come to Villa games, most recently Liverpool and West Brom, sometimes in small groups and sometimes by coach. They're all German apart from James and Diane, myself and Mike Sanford of Villa, who used to run the international supporters' clubs. If anything, they're more passionate about Villa than we are, and there's been furious debate on their website about recent developments.

I've not heard from Mike for a long time. How is he?

Online frank

« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2011, 01:20:35 PM »

I've not heard from Mike for a long time. How is he?
I've never met him, although he's the President of the German Villans. Dirk knows him quite well, but he hasn't been involved in any of the trips for some time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal