collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: McAllister leaves Villa  (Read 13853 times)

Offline Lobsterboy

Re: McAllister leaves Villa
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2011, 01:38:35 PM »
Hardly covered himself in glory over the last nine months but did oversee a couple of wins against Liverpool and Arsenal that saw us climb out of the shit and in to the top ten

No great loss to be honest but spoke very highly of us in the interview so leaves with my best wishes

Offline London Villan

• GM : 27.05.2019
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2011, 01:49:30 PM »
Thanks and goodbye, maybe he can find a role where he can bring Pires on as a sub somewhere else.

Offline Eigentor

• Muppet Hero
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2011, 07:47:59 PM »
He was never Houllier's perfect foil, and that's probably why he was fourth choice for assistant manager. Apart from bringing on Pires against WBA. he proved himself to be capable enough when called upon at the end of the season. I don't think he and Houllier were the main reason why we dropped out of the top six last season.

Online LeeB

• GM : May, 2014
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2011, 08:06:04 PM »
I've had a soft spot for McAllistar since his fabulous strike to win the game for Leicester at Ayresome Park, on the last day 87-88, meant my first away game was a promotion celebration.

He was a cracking player, always came across as a good man and to prove the point he speaks very well of us as he leaves due to circumstances out of his control.

I hope the way he saw us through in trying circumstances gives him another opportunity soon, and wish him nothing but the best.

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #64 on: June 20, 2011, 10:44:05 AM »
Gary McAllister is philosophical about leaving Aston Villa after a topsy turvy season as the claret and blues’ assistant boss.

“This is part of the job of being on the coaching side of football so I fully understand the situation,” said McAllister.

“Alex has come along and got the job and I know he wants people he knows and trusts and he’s worked with before.

“That’s just part of the gig so we move on.

“Gerard and I felt things were starting to turn, we were getting people on side and the football and the performance levels were getting better.

“We felt the training and everything during the week was getting better as well.

“It was only when we were getting towards the end of the season we were seeing the fruition of that with some good football and some good results.

“We’re disappointed but Gerard’s health and life are more important than football.”

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal