collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: is this true?  (Read 12027 times)

Offline Ads

• GM : 17.04.2024
Re: is this true?
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2011, 11:22:35 AM »
Bloke at the cricket last night said that he had sent his 2 season tickets back and had been refunded. Had to keep correcting himself every now and again as in 'when we go to Fulham blah blah, oh, off course, we won't be there'.

It was, at that point, that I saw a tear come in his eye.

See you at Fulham mate!

A mate of mine that comes with us to the European aways, which I think you may also know (Dave, or suicide Dave as we affectionately call him) handed in his season ticket after the Wolves game and returned all his away tickets too.

People can obviously do what they want, but I cannot believe that people are returning tickets or even contemplating it, especially those who were supporting the Villa in 68’ or went through the garbage under Turner and McNeill.

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #31 on: June 18, 2011, 11:25:36 AM »
Be interesting to see the final ST sales numbers. Does anyone know the official figures for the last couple of seasons?

Offline Dave Clark Five

• Location: In Doctor Who's Tardis trying to find Villa Park anytime between 1970 and 1972.
  • GM : June, 2013
« Reply #32 on: June 18, 2011, 11:28:27 AM »
....especially those who were supporting the Villa in 68

If only we were about to engage on that roller coaster journey again, starting in 1970, give or take the dreadful mid-80s you refer to.

Offline Scott Nielsen

« Reply #33 on: June 18, 2011, 02:27:24 PM »

Offline Lizz

• GM : 16.03.2022
« Reply #34 on: June 18, 2011, 02:48:24 PM »
I think the deadline for the 4 month option has passed.

Both the instalment options expire on 30th June - I think they were extended probably due to slow sales

Renewed our season tickets by telephone today. According to the recorded message, due to popular demand the deadline for the instalment option has been extended to 30 June. Standard marketing ploy.

Offline Chris Jameson

• DIY guru
  • GM : May, 2014
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2011, 04:12:56 PM »
According to the recorded message, due to popular demand . Standard marketing ploy.

Indeed. The 'popular demand' means absolutely nothing these days since I read that Skunk Anansie had reformed due to supposed popular demand, if i'd have got wind of that i'd have got a campaign going to ensure they didn't by 'even more popular demand'.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2011, 12:57:38 AM »
Be interesting to see the final ST sales numbers. Does anyone know the official figures for the last couple of seasons?

yip i asked that 2 pages ago

everybody keeps avoiding it

i think we all know they will be drastically down this year, if a website like this (only a small % of all villa fans to be fair ) has eck no 86%   yes 14%

then we all know the answer

Offline pauliewalnuts

• GM : 26.08.2024
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2011, 01:15:57 AM »
Anyone who says they have "sent their season ticket back" is clearly talking nonsense, as they haven't even been sent out yet.

This season ticket martyrdom is a bit tiresome. People either threatening to do not renew, or telling us they've renewed like it is a badge of honour we're supposed to thank them for.

And why is it when they do so, they always seem to deal in multiples? "I've cancelled my 12 season tickets" etc etc.

Whatever you want to do, set fire to them and perform a shamanic dance around them, or renew them and offer to pay double for them, for god's sake just do it and don't parade it on here like some fucking achievement we're either supposed to be impressed at or slit our wrists at.

Just make your own decision and lump it.

Sorry. I done a big rant.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2011, 01:32:52 AM »
Anyone who says they have "sent their season ticket back" is clearly talking nonsense, as they haven't even been sent out yet.

This season ticket martyrdom is a bit tiresome. People either threatening to do not renew, or telling us they've renewed like it is a badge of honour we're supposed to thank them for.

And why is it when they do so, they always seem to deal in multiples? "I've cancelled my 12 season tickets" etc etc.

Whatever you want to do, set fire to them and perform a shamanic dance around them, or renew them and offer to pay double for them, for god's sake just do it and don't parade it on here like some fucking achievement we're either supposed to be impressed at or slit our wrists at.

Just make your own decision and lump it.

Sorry. I done a big rant.

yea but do you think they will be down or not on previous years?

its also like the big mad villa fans on here, that have renewed because they bleed claret and blue and are buying extra season tickets to show how much they love the villa and no matter who randy appoints they are better villa fans than anybody else because they will be still be buying 20 season tickets  etc etc

i am genuinley interested in what figures come out

then we will see what Villa fans actually think of the appointment of mcleish

the proof of the pudding is in the eating as they say

« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 01:43:19 AM by madirishvillain »

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2011, 01:49:23 AM »
They will be well down. Not just because of people who are against McLeish but because of people who were disappointed in last season.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2011, 01:55:02 AM »
They will be well down. Not just because of people who are against McLeish but because of people who were disappointed in last season.

yea and the credit crunch as well  ::)

Offline Salsa Party Animal

• Location: Trinity Road Lower Stand or Dance-floor or Bedroom.
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Salsapartyanimal
« Reply #41 on: June 19, 2011, 03:05:05 AM »
it would be interesting to compare figure this time last year and today :)

Offline Risso

• GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2011, 09:15:51 AM »
I don't think it's the threat of people returning season tickets that we have to worry about, as that's probably just a bit of an emotional reaction to the appointment.  However, I imagine for anybody in two minds whether to buy one or not, this might have a bearing on the decision.  I expect that season ticket sales and overall crowds will be down a fair bit on last season.  And last season wasn't exactly great.

Offline garyfouroaks

« Reply #43 on: June 19, 2011, 09:36:26 AM »
We could appoint Doctor Harold Shipman as manager and I still wouldn't take my season ticket back.
He would be a better choice than mcLeish.

Offline kipeye

• GM : PCM
« Reply #44 on: June 19, 2011, 09:40:13 AM »
We could appoint Doctor Harold Shipman as manager and I still wouldn't take my season ticket back.
He would be a better choice than mcLeish.
He did have less patience.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal