collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Demitri_C
[Today at 03:45:30 PM]

Unai Emery - our manager by kippaxvilla2
[Today at 03:38:54 PM]

NSWE Investment by algy
[Today at 03:36:15 PM]

Kosta Nedeljkovic - signed by Ads
[Today at 03:36:03 PM]

Celebrity Fans. What's The Point? by Risso
[Today at 03:31:03 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by Flamingo Lane
[Today at 03:28:18 PM]

Villa Park by Simon Page
[Today at 03:21:32 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by SamTheMouse
[Today at 03:16:36 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: is this true?  (Read 12019 times)

Offline madirishvillain

is this true?
« on: June 18, 2011, 12:21:08 AM »

It was also claimed Villa’s ticket office ran out of money on Thursday after fans demanded their season tickets be refunded.

i know its from a paper, and i know how on here in the last 10 days that we are not to believe anything that is written in the papers ::)

but if true, thats not a good start

genuinley what is our normal figures for season tickets and will we get close to it this year?

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
Re: is this true?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2011, 12:23:16 AM »
I'm not sure to be honest, maybe that paper is exaggeration slightly.

I'd genuinely be ineterested at how many people haven't renewed their season tickets.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2011, 12:24:25 AM »
Of course it isn't likely. For a start, how many people pay cash for season tickets?

Offline Damo70

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2011, 12:27:10 AM »
Mat Kendrick in the Birmingham Mail today reported that not one single season ticket holder had so far returned their ticket or asked for a refund. Bloody papers eh? Sometimes you wonder if they just make it up!

Offline Greg N'Ash

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2011, 12:30:29 AM »
on BBC news they said at one point one person brought back 9 season tickets and it was happening all day. I don't believe that many people have but Kendrick is  wrong (as usual)

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 12:31:12 AM »
Of course it isn't likely. For a start, how many people pay cash for season tickets?

very good point dave

its all done in installments by direct debits nowadays, being from northern ireland i dont have much experience for season tickets, just for my local club Cliftonville were you do pay cash up front

what are the usual season ticket sales Dave and do you think we will get close to them this year?

Online Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2011, 12:34:37 AM »
Ridiculous.  For all harry potter fans. Season ticket refunds are in the big wardrobe with huge spiders and stuff.  None taken so far, none likely unless you have a major wand.

Offline Lambert and Payne

• GM : Sep, 2012
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2011, 12:37:40 AM »
Out of intrest? Whens the latest date you can buy a season ticket? I won't be able to afford one til september :(

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2011, 12:40:08 AM »
Haven't had a season ticket for some time now, but my first ever was the season we were relegated to the Third Division.

What a wonderful time that was to buy one, not just for the exciting times we had in the following few seasons, but also because so many people had not renewed that we had the pick of the seats.

If you're wavering, my advice is to go and get yourself one of the best seats. You'll not regret it when we're in the CL.

Offline DeKuip

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2011, 12:41:20 AM »
Maybe it was the people paying on debit cards asking for cash back.

Offline ClarrieBlue

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2011, 12:43:20 AM »
Haven't had a season ticket for some time now, but my first ever was the season we were relegated to the Third Division.

What a wonderful time that was to buy one, not just for the exciting times we had in the following few seasons, but also because so many people had not renewed that we had the pick of the seats.

If you're wavering, my advice is to go and get yourself one of the best seats. You'll not regret it when we're in the CL.
That was the same for me. My Dad bought 2 season tickets for Docherty's first full season which ended in relegation. 6 guineas each they were.

Offline E I Adio

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 12:46:04 AM »

That was the same for me. My Dad bought 2 season tickets for Docherty's first full season which ended in relegation. 6 guineas each they were.

6 guineas you say. Posh bugger. ;o)

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 01:06:14 AM »
We could appoint Doctor Harold Shipman as manager and I still wouldn't take my season ticket back.

Offline E I Adio

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 01:16:51 AM »
We could appoint Doctor Harold Shipman as manager and I still wouldn't take my season ticket back.

Wouldn't be the first time we've had a dead manager. (Well, some of them might just have well have been.)

Offline Leighton

• Location: Walsall Wood. Home of the protesting Jesus on a telegraph pole.
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 01:22:44 AM »

That would surely be a shot in the arm to most of the elderly fans...

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal