collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Charlie Adam  (Read 22498 times)

Offline Arsey

Re: Charlie Adam
« Reply #90 on: June 18, 2011, 11:43:01 PM »
Redknapp was on talkshit on the Jan transfer deadline day saying that they had agreed a 5mil fee to Adam but they couldn't fax the deal through to the premier league in time.  His value should have gone down given his poorer second half of the season and Blackpool's relegation.

I think he would make a good captain, we had lacked a leader since Fat Baz buggered off.

Offline Irreverent ad

« Reply #91 on: June 18, 2011, 11:47:49 PM »
Redknapp was on talkshit on the Jan transfer deadline day saying that they had agreed a 5mil fee to Adam but they couldn't fax the deal through to the premier league in time.  His value should have gone down given his poorer second half of the season and Blackpool's relegation.

I think he would make a good captain, we had lacked a leader since Fat Baz buggered off.

I am sure they were looking at part ownership or something though.

Offline Redman

« Reply #92 on: June 19, 2011, 12:18:57 AM »
My Blackpool-supporting friend reckons that the January speculation, coupled with the usual case of a promoted team eventually being worked out, meant that Adam had a poor few months.  He does though reckon he'd be a good acquisition for most mid-table to Europa League team - e.g. Villa.

My firm's got a Blackpool office, and the manager there is a big Blackpool fan and would agree with you.  I think Adam's a decent player and as you say, for somebody like Stoke or Bolton, would probably do a very good job indeed.  I just don't seem him at somewhere bigger like Liverpool or Spurs somehow.

I agree.  I just can't see Liverpool being interested in him.  Not so much because they paid 20 mill for Henderson, more because he is too liberal and free spirited for their style of play. I think they are likely to go for foreign players.  I also read that they have a centre back lined up and have given their Greek fella another years contract, doesn't sound like they want Dann to me.
I pretty sure Adam is a legitimate target for Liverpool and would have been done already if not for Karl Oyston stalling.

Not sure about Dann. He's been linked a lot but could just be because he's half-decent, available and scouse.

Offline Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #93 on: June 19, 2011, 11:31:29 AM »
I'd like to see him play for us. Him and Jean II Makoun could be good midfield duo.

When we have the ball, yes they would be a good midfield partnership. But when we wouldn't have the ball then more then likely it will be goal to the opposition.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal