collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Charlie Adam  (Read 22504 times)

Offline WeeAldo

Charlie Adam
« on: June 17, 2011, 10:41:34 PM »
I've heard from a very reliable source from Murray Park (Rangers training ground), that Charlie Adam has been talking to Big Eck over the possibility of playing for Aston Villa.

Offline Steve67

• GM : 01.12.2024
Re: Charlie Adam
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 10:43:23 PM »
WeeAldo, no disrespect mate, but I think we've seen our fair share of ITK information to last us a lifetime!!  Your first post too!!

Offline CJ

• GM : 12.07.2017
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 10:45:22 PM »
Why on earth would Charlie Adam want to sign for a half-arsed club which used to be famous? Gollum said it so it must be true

Offline WeeAldo

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 10:46:56 PM »
WeeAldo, no disrespect mate, but I think we've seen our fair share of ITK information to last us a lifetime!!  Your first post too!!

I know people may have reservations when reading this, but I can assure you the source (a good friend of mine), lets just say he knows Adam personally.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 10:47:16 PM »

yeh, you might not want to use the terms "source" or "ITK" for a while on here. On fact, I wouldn't even use the word "reliable". That should be banned too, or should come with chinny emoticon.

Offline Phil from the upper holte

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2011, 10:49:30 PM »
This should be in the transfer thread. Also I think he's very overrated

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2011, 10:53:39 PM »
I'm not that mad on him but would give him a chance. Would be the end of Wee Barry though... maybe send him there on loan to sweeten the deal? I think Adam could be very good but he has a tendency to try one Hollywood pass too many. I'm sure we'd stamp that out of him and have him tracking back and passing sideways in no time!

Offline TheSandman

• GM : May, 2013
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2011, 10:54:11 PM »
In defence of WeeAldo I can easily see it happen. Under McLeish Adam first broke through at Rangers and he is by accounts a big fan of Adam.

I'm not 100% sure of Adam. He is definitely overrated especially by the media up here. I prefer the Scottish playmaker we already have.

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2011, 10:56:22 PM »
The fuss the Scotland fans were making over him in the friendly against Wales was embarassing. You'd think Lionel Messi had just announced his Caledonian ancestry and taken to the field wearing a Scotland shirt made of shortbread.

Offline WeeAldo

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2011, 11:01:52 PM »
The fuss the Scotland fans were making over him in the friendly against Wales was embarassing. You'd think Lionel Messi had just announced his Caledonian ancestry and taken to the field wearing a Scotland shirt made of shortbread.

Personally, I agree, I think he is a tad overrated and Bannan seems like a vastly superior prospect. Should Bannan get a good run at Villa next season I believe he will displace Adam in the Scotland squad.

Offline Pete3206

• GM : PCM
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 11:18:39 PM »
Good player, I hope it's true.

Offline N'Zimidy

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2011, 11:22:03 PM »
I really don't see Bannan and Adam getting in each others way at Villa. From what I have seen over the past season, Bannan is a tidy midfielder that will keep possession and keep playing one-twos and making space. Adam is a deep-lying playmaker (to coin a FM phrase) that will pick up the ball in midfield and ping it forward to a winger or striker.

In that sense I could vision a midfield looking something like this:

Bannan ------- Makoun/Delph
-----------Adam-------------------

Where Makoun and Bannan are neat and tidy on the ball, neither quite have the creativity to break through a solid defence. I imagine they will play in front of Adam, able to retain possession and shift the ball, whilst giving Adam plenty of time and space to do his hollywood passes when he gets the ball.

One criticism of Adam is that he gets caught on the ball fairly often, which against the Chuckle Brothers would be lethal but I think that Bannan has the spacial awareness to always be open for a pass if Adam is under a lot of pressure that he just doesn't get at Blackpool.

Add in some of his free-kicks and corners and I can see him as a successful buy. Would certainly appease me some way if McLeish signed him.

Offline Damo70

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2011, 11:23:16 PM »
It's an obvious link because he was at Rangers when AM was boss. I think he was over hyped as the main man in the Blackpool 'romantic PL tale'. I'm sure Holloway would agree with me when I say he should go to a great club and manager like Liverpool and King Kenny rather than a tinpot, used to be famous outfit like us. And I'm sure he will stick to his principles even if we offer him more dough. Just like Hong Kong hairdresser of the year 1997 will if we offer more than anyone else for Foster or Johnson or Dann.

Offline olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2011, 11:26:18 PM »
Why on earth would Charlie Adam want to sign for a half-arsed club which used to be famous? Gollum said it so it must be true

I think our Board have   proved him right this week with their actions!

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2011, 11:36:51 PM »
I'd really like us to sign Adam, he'd be very similar to Barry. He would strengthen our midfield. Good at passing, corners, freekicks and getting stuck in. He'd be our playmaker threading those balls into Bent.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal