collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by DeKuip
[Today at 11:05:59 AM]

NSWE Investment by tomd2103
[Today at 11:05:09 AM]

Ollie Watkins by Dogtanian
[Today at 11:05:07 AM]

Liverpool by sid1964
[Today at 11:03:57 AM]

Unai Emery - our manager by darren woolley
[Today at 10:50:14 AM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by Somniloquism
[Today at 10:33:06 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by LeeS
[Today at 10:18:37 AM]

GUESS THE CROWD R26: ASTON VILLA v Chelsea, Saturday, 27th April!🥧 by JD
[Today at 09:58:11 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Alex McLeish confirmed as manager  (Read 167913 times)

Offline Legion

• Oh, it must be! And it is! Villa in the lead!
    • Personal Education Services
  • GM : 05.04.2019
Re: Alex McLeish confirmed as manager
« Reply #735 on: June 22, 2011, 06:53:59 PM »
He speaks for all of us, you know.

Offline Rip Van We Go Again

• Location: Up and down, i'm up the wall, i'm up the bloody tree
« Reply #736 on: June 22, 2011, 06:54:53 PM »
He speaks for all of us, you know.
Of all the site heads, he was the most vocal in his condemning of McLeish.

Offline Lucky Eddie

« Reply #737 on: June 22, 2011, 07:08:27 PM »
Alex has my full support because he's Aston Villa's manager.

I showed my disapproval of his proposed appointment last Wednesday on the steps of The Holte and wonder if he'd ever have been appointed if more of our posters had done the same. I was uncomfortable being there to be honest; and stood, mostly in silence, as I knew not what else I could do to challenge the appointment of a twice relegated man into a position so important to me and those that I love.

I'm still stunned to think that with Gerrard so poorly and unlikely to return that Randy either didn't line up a replacement, did line up someone who to the rest of football appears inadequate or who panicked and poached from our  neighbours.

I hope I'm wrong about Alex I really do - I hope I get the opportunity to one day tell him how wrong I was to doubt him; in the meanwhile - whilst he's in charge of my football club he has my full support. 

Just wanted to nail my colours to the mast on that; re-newing next week when I'm back off holiday.

Offline luke25

« Reply #738 on: June 22, 2011, 07:12:47 PM »
Alex has my full support because he's Aston Villa's manager.

I showed my disapproval of his proposed appointment last Wednesday on the steps of The Holte and wonder if he'd ever have been appointed if more of our posters had done the same. I was uncomfortable being there to be honest; and stood, mostly in silence, as I knew not what else I could do to challenge the appointment of a twice relegated man into a position so important to me and those that I love.

I'm still stunned to think that with Gerrard so poorly and unlikely to return that Randy either didn't line up a replacement, did line up someone who to the rest of football appears inadequate or who panicked and poached from our  neighbours.

I hope I'm wrong about Alex I really do - I hope I get the opportunity to one day tell him how wrong I was to doubt him; in the meanwhile - whilst he's in charge of my football club he has my full support. 

Just wanted to nail my colours to the mast on that; re-newing next week when I'm back off holiday.
This pretty much sums it up for me, I did'nt want him as our manager, im still shocked he's the best we could come up with but while he's here he and the team will have my total support.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal