collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Recent Posts

Re: Leon Bailey - signed by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 02:38:01 PM]

Re: UEFA Europa Conference League-Knockout stages (Olympiacos) by dalians umbrella
[Today at 02:37:17 PM]

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Monty
[Today at 02:35:18 PM]

Re: Leon Bailey - signed by MostinhoIII
[Today at 02:35:07 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Clark W Griswold
[Today at 02:33:49 PM]

[Today at 02:33:20 PM]

Re: Ollie Watkins by Risso
[Today at 02:30:41 PM]

[Today at 02:29:38 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The General's thread has been locked  (Read 48029 times)

Offline Lee

• http://astonvilla.blogfootball.com/BlackCountryVilla/
  • GM : Jul, 2014
Re: The General's thread has been locked
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2011, 09:49:53 PM »
To be fair, I've never been a regular contributor to his thread, but felt that it served a decent purpose if not a bit of "arse-lickey" a good proportion of the time. I heard some peoples views that this was undermining the Independent nature of this site and thought that perhaps they were being too hard.

However,  his attitude has stunk over the last few days with the outbursts that he has been prone to. I hope he never comes back - the dissenters were right. The Board really have lost the plot and it will all end in tears.

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2011, 09:55:55 PM »
The thread was a sham in any case. As far as I know Krulak has not posted or answered any questions for many days. The posts are mostly about the Manager. Mods pipe up now and than with comments like  "This is not the thread  for the Manager" and "stick to the questions to General only on here" etc. So not missing much wit it locked.

The so called moderators, hypocritically. joined in the claptrap that was going on there,the past few days.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2011, 09:59:53 PM »
The thread was a sham in any case. As far as I know Krulak has not posted or answered any questions for many days. The posts are mostly about the Manager. Mods pipe up now and than with comments like  "This is not the thread  for the Manager" and "stick to the questions to General only on here" etc. So not missing much wit it locked.

The so called moderators, hypocritically. joined in the claptrap that was going on there,the past few days.

How can we be 'so called' moderators? Either we are, or we aren't.

Offline hawkeye

• GM : Jun, 2012
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2011, 10:00:42 PM »
To be fair to the Mods, they did not have much choice, it was getting out of controll once they decided that questions about the manager were out of order.

Offline Lee

« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2011, 10:02:22 PM »
To be fair to the Mods, they did not have much choice, it was getting out of controll once they decided that questions about the manager were out of order.

Let's hope he broadens his thread viewing then. Either that or he can use his alter ego Pelty to say what he REALLY wants.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #35 on: June 16, 2011, 10:03:48 PM »
I think a lot of people are a bit unsure about the terms of reference on the General thread.

Online lovejoy

« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2011, 10:03:55 PM »
The bottom line is I still feel someone from the club needs to explain to me how we end up with him as manager with all the other options available - we deserve at least that don't we?

Offline Nigel Macdougall

« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2011, 10:04:58 PM »

Because sometimes you  seem to choose to be moderators when it suits you.

Offline Lee

« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2011, 10:05:31 PM »
The bottom line is I still feel someone from the club needs to explain to me how we end up with him as manager with all the other options available - we deserve at least that don't we?

It won't happen. Krulak's outburst the other night proves the fact that they really couldn't give a flying fuck.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #39 on: June 16, 2011, 10:05:35 PM »
agree, but i am not sure you will like the answer

Offline 1_Pablo_Angel

« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2011, 10:06:20 PM »
The abuse is uncalled for.

I think he's only ever genuinely tried to do his best and to have that level of contact with a board member is virtually unheard of anywhere else. Not just in our league, or football for that matter. But sport in general.

That said, when I see the McLeish appointment being justified by what SirAlex says about the bloke -rather than his recent fairly dismal record-  I tend to think criticism was always going to be inevitable.  The butt out remarks were probably how he genuinely felt at the time too, but were obviously unhelpful.

If this does indeed go tits up and McLeish turns out to be the failure his record so far sets the scene for, I hope lessons are learned and we get people with genuine knowledge of the game in this country on senior positions in the board. That's not a dig at anyone we have presently, but a proper administrator; a David Dein or even a Peter Kenyon probably wouldn't have overseen the complete farce that was the recent selection process.

hear hear.

I'd like to think the General will soon be back and will try to answer some of the points put across in his thread over the last few days.

I also think the thread serves a valuable purpose, and it would be a pity to see it closed for good.

The relationship between fans and board over the last few years has been brilliant, and General K has in my opinion played a significant role in that. One might argue that it's only the board themselves that have jeopardized this, but even despite their actions over the last week it'd be a real shame to see it break down completely.

Offline dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2011, 10:06:39 PM »

I'm sorry. Unfortunately there isn't a moderator school we can go to. We have to make it up as we go along.

Offline gervilla

« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2011, 10:08:42 PM »

I'm sorry. Unfortunately there isn't a moderator school we can go to. We have to make it up as we go along.

How about doing something about " Tigerwogs" username.

Offline hawkeye

« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2011, 10:09:44 PM »
The abuse is uncalled for.

I think he's only ever genuinely tried to do his best and to have that level of contact with a board member is virtually unheard of anywhere else. Not just in our league, or football for that matter. But sport in general.

That said, when I see the McLeish appointment being justified by what SirAlex says about the bloke -rather than his recent fairly dismal record-  I tend to think criticism was always going to be inevitable.  The butt out remarks were probably how he genuinely felt at the time too, but were obviously unhelpful.

If this does indeed go tits up and McLeish turns out to be the failure his record so far sets the scene for, I hope lessons are learned and we get people with genuine knowledge of the game in this country on senior positions in the board. That's not a dig at anyone we have presently, but a proper administrator; a David Dein or even a Peter Kenyon probably wouldn't have overseen the complete farce that was the recent selection process.

hear hear.

I'd like to think the General will soon be back and will try to answer some of the points put across in his thread over the last few days.

I also think the thread serves a valuable purpose, and it would be a pity to see it closed for good.

The relationship between fans and board over the last few years has been brilliant, and General K has in my opinion played a significant role in that. One might argue that it's only the board themselves that have jeopardized this, but even despite their actions over the last week it'd be a real shame to see it break down completely.
bottom line is that The General is here to put a spin on events, he has not been able to cope with the reaction  to recent events.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2011, 10:10:16 PM »
The board seemed to have made things up as they've gone along.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal