collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The General's thread has been locked  (Read 48038 times)

Offline lovejoy

The General's thread has been locked
« on: June 16, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »
I notice the General's threead has been locked. if there had been a lot of mindless vitriol on there I would agree but there were serious suggestion to "meet the fans" etc. For me now more than ever we need the General to explain to us what the thinking behind recent events have been and to lock the thread seems counter-intuitive. The only explanation I can think of is that the General is going to ground for a bit while the bad reaction to recent events subside. I hope this isn't the case as I always though he was one to face issues head on.
Disappointed.

Offline Villa'Zawg

Re: The General's thread has been locked
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2011, 07:54:50 PM »
He wouldn't explain anything, he'd just tell you what you should think.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2011, 07:55:22 PM »
i wish they would close the thing for good

its embarrasing, as when the shit does hit the fan, as it is now, it gets locked

Offline The Situation

• Location: Where there are palm trees, bad bitches and wannabe's
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2011, 07:55:51 PM »
He's used Facebook to vent his anger already.

I'm still baffled by that outburst.

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2011, 07:57:01 PM »
What did he say?

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2011, 07:57:53 PM »
i wish they would close the thing for good

its embarrasing, as when the shit does hit the fan, as it is now, it gets locked

But come next season when the heat dies down, we can keep asking trivial bullshit about pies and stuff, and be told off if we ask about anything that anyone might have any interest in whatsioever.

Good on the General for trying, but they may as well have a customer service employee doing it, he's not allowed to talk about anything.

Offline Jod

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2011, 08:06:09 PM »
The general has failed in his role as fan liaison. Clearly he was not able to convey the amount of grave apprehension a significant amount of the fanbase have to this appointment. When we really needed him he was found wanting.

Having said that he has achieved a great deal in his life to be proud of and to stick around here taking abuse off all and sundry for this failure just wouldn't feel right. Randy should take him out of the firing line and be man enough to take all the flak for this crazy decision.

Offline born.2.8.scum

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2011, 08:13:25 PM »
2 fuckinng million 4 shit

Offline Summers

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 08:15:13 PM »
born 2 8 scum... very clever username..

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 08:25:13 PM »
If you're going to expect somebody who is usually 5,000 miles away to be "fan liaison", then every now and then he will not exactly have his finger on the pulse.

Thanks for all the entertainment in the past, General, but it's time for a change.

Premier League clubs need Premier League people, and I can't help thinking that we are severely lacking in that department at the moment.

Offline born.2.8.scum

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 08:25:39 PM »
thanks to my father , and by the grace of god ( brian little)

Offline Apyadg

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 08:29:38 PM »
If you're going to expect somebody who is usually 5,000 miles away to be "fan liaison", then every now and then he will not exactly have his finger on the pulse.

What do you think he'd be doing if he was based in England, patrolling the streets conducting surveys?

Online WarszaVillan

• GM : 06.10.2023
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 08:33:03 PM »

Having said that he has achieved a great deal in his life to be proud of and to stick around here taking abuse off all and sundry for this failure just wouldn't feel right. Randy should take him out of the firing line and be man enough to take all the flak for this crazy decision.

Quite how the Vietnam War can be considered to be something to be proud of is beyond me.

But on issues at hand I really think that we as a fans board should say thanks but no thanks - it's become an embarassement, especially when the General and his son get all tetchy and offended when people criticise them. Their attitude is totally patronising. 

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 08:49:45 PM »
If he was based here, maybe he, or Randy or PF, could actually listen to people, rather than having to gauge opinion based on the ramblings of a couple of hundred people, the majority of whom, are based far and wide themselves.
Don't give me the old "better fan than you" crap either - that's not what this is about.
Its about having your finger on the pulse when it matters. Clearly this hasn't been the case here.

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 08:53:19 PM »
what did the general say on facebook by the way?

for those of us saddos that dont have it?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 08:57:12 PM by madirishvillain »

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal