collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Randys Reaction  (Read 39044 times)

Offline dave shelley

• GM : 01.02.2025
Re: Randys Reaction
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2011, 10:33:26 PM »

The apparent complete disregard for the feelings of the regular supporter at the present time leads me to believe we'd be better off without him.

Are there any other billionaires you know of looking to buy a Premier League club and hand it over to a  supporter co-operative?
[/quot

Fully agree Dave.  Some people on here should have been around when Normansell and Smith were on the board and running the ship onto the rocks.  1968 was a very significant year in the history of Aston Villa, they should take time out to check this period in the history books if they haven't already done so.

Offline sixways

« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2011, 10:38:32 PM »

The apparent complete disregard for the feelings of the regular supporter at the present time leads me to believe we'd be better off without him.

Are there any other billionaires you know of looking to buy a Premier League club and hand it over to a  supporter co-operative?

Well it isn't anymore is it?

It never has been, so how would we be better off?

Because we might, just might, have an owner who understood the difference between a good manager and a mediocre one.

Offline sixways

« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 10:42:20 PM »

[/quot

Fully agree Dave.  Some people on here should have been around when Normansell and Smith were on the board and running the ship onto the rocks.  1968 was a very significant year in the history of Aston Villa, they should take time out to check this period in the history books if they haven't already done so.

I didn't realise the age of a poster came up when a comment was made.

Look, it's simple, if you think that Lerner is doing a great job by appointing McLeish then, go ahead, shout it from the rooftops, but don't think that you can criticize people who think this decision could be one of, if not THE worst decisions in the recent history of Aston Villa.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 10:46:02 PM »

Because we might, just might, have an owner who understood the difference between a good manager and a mediocre one.

We might, just might, also get someone like Yeung or the clowns at Blackburn. Randy has made one unpopular decision so far, it hasn't yet been proved right or wrong, but he's being told to go. What was your opinion of him when he was shelling out £24 million in January? 

Offline sixways

« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2011, 10:48:39 PM »

We might, just might, also get someone like Yeung or the clowns at Blackburn. Randy has made one unpopular decision so far, it hasn't yet been proved right or wrong, but he's being told to go. What was your opinion of him when he was shelling out £24 million in January?

Only one? Don't make me laugh.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 10:49:01 PM »

so exactly what does that look like? Let me guess,

1) He gets manager's to sign for us irrespective of who we are, how much money they want, and how much power they want? He also sends a voting form out to the fans so that we can all vote on it. And if the vote isn't at least a 95%-5% majority we'll all keep voting until it is. Said candidates will be asked to put their lives on hold.
2) He spends ridiculous amounts of money on players that we all agree are world class
3) He gives us a kit the we all agree is fantastic and we rarely if ever change it.
4) He keeps season ticket prices to the lowest in the division while still buying the world class players.

He could give us all of the above and people would still moan. The man isn't a bottomless pit. He's possibly going to make one questionable decision, yet there are calls for him to sell. I find the lack balance in that perspective from some people incredible to say the least.

Offline Toronto Villa

• GM : 22.07.2024
« Reply #36 on: June 15, 2011, 10:50:26 PM »

so who's a better current owner in the PL?

Cue inevitable Man City bollocks

Offline Vancouver

« Reply #37 on: June 15, 2011, 10:52:04 PM »
Great post. Of course he isn't going to walk. Not when you have invested so much of your money. And to think anything otherwise is just silly

Offline madirishvillain

« Reply #38 on: June 15, 2011, 10:52:34 PM »
were/are the Cleveland brown fans not a bit pissed off with him?

Offline sixways

« Reply #39 on: June 15, 2011, 10:53:27 PM »

1) He gets manager's to sign for us irrespective of who we are, how much money they want, and how much power they want? He also sends a voting form out to the fans so that we can all vote on it. And if the vote isn't at least a 95%-5% majority we'll all keep voting until it is. Said candidates will be asked to put their lives on hold.
2) He spends ridiculous amounts of money on players that we all agree are world class
3) He gives us a kit the we all agree is fantastic and we rarely if ever change it.
4) He keeps season ticket prices to the lowest in the division while still buying the world class players.

He could give us all of the above and people would still moan. The man isn't a bottomless pit. He's possibly going to make one questionable decision, yet there are calls for him to sell. I find the lack balance in that perspective from some people incredible to say the least.

And all of the above is totally outweighed by appointing a manager as poor and completely 'average' as McLeish. And, I'm sorry, but which of our current squad are World Class? Great players, sure, but World Class? C'mon ...

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2011, 10:53:54 PM »

How come we haven't heard you moaning before then?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #41 on: June 15, 2011, 10:56:47 PM »

so who's a better current owner in the PL?

Cue inevitable Man City bollocks

That would be the Manchester City we were so glad we weren't like becuse they were buying success.

Offline sixways

« Reply #42 on: June 15, 2011, 10:57:14 PM »

How come we haven't heard you moaning before then?

Because none of the other questionable decisions he's made in the past have been so bad as the one he's apparently just made.

Online TopDeck113

• GM : 27.07.2023
« Reply #43 on: June 15, 2011, 10:59:36 PM »
Whilst accepting that we don't know everything that goes on behind scenes at Villa Park, I am struggling to come to terms with how in the space of a week or so Lerner has gone from seemingly making the decision who to appoint - or rather not to appoint - by Plebeian Council, to now totally ignoring the massive groundswell of popular opinion.  Both models as a decision making process are wrong.

However, having at first given the impression that he listens to the fans, he will now discover that we can be very unforgiving if we feel slighted.  Consequently, almost regardless of how the McLeish era pans out, I can't see how the relationship between owner and punter will ever be the same again.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 11:01:14 PM by TopDeck113 »

Offline Louzie0

• UTV: I’m retired, hurrah!
  • GM : 04.03.2025
« Reply #44 on: June 15, 2011, 11:00:24 PM »

And all of the above is totally outweighed by appointing a manager as poor and completely 'average' as McLeish. And, I'm sorry, but which of our current squad are World Class? Great players, sure, but World Class? C'mon ...

I think he's brill.

World class - Ashley, Downing, and Albrighton in a few years....

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal