collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 06:12:51 PM]

Champions League Contention by LeeB
[Today at 05:45:07 PM]

Lille vs Aston Villa - Conf League QF 2nd leg - pre match chatter by Demitri_C
[Today at 05:41:09 PM]

Ollie Watkins by Smirker
[Today at 05:38:49 PM]

Arsenal 0-2 Aston Villa Post match interaction by LeeB
[Today at 05:19:25 PM]

Other Games - 2023/24 by LeeB
[Today at 05:11:35 PM]

Villa Park by FrankyH
[Today at 05:02:16 PM]

Moussa Diaby - Confirmed by Dave
[Today at 04:51:22 PM]

Recent Posts

Re: NSWE Investment by Risso
[Today at 06:12:51 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Ducksworthy
[Today at 06:07:01 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Sexual Ealing
[Today at 06:04:11 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Drummond
[Today at 05:59:46 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by AV82EC
[Today at 05:54:49 PM]

Re: NSWE Investment by chrisw1
[Today at 05:52:58 PM]

[Today at 05:48:14 PM]

[Today at 05:47:02 PM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Oscar Arce Brother  (Read 20842 times)

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
Oscar Arce Brother
« on: June 15, 2011, 04:35:18 PM »
Most Villa fans of the era can remember Oscar Arce at the club. How many can remember his brother? I stand to be corrected on this,but i pretty sure his name was Hector Fullone. I saw him play several times in our Central League side and he looked useful.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: Oscar Arce Brother
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 04:45:24 PM »
He was an amatuer, and may have been the last one signed by the Villa. He played a few reserve games, and in deference to his status was listed as H. Arce.

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 05:15:48 PM »
And now it looks like we're appointing his amateur Scottish cousin -  F. Arce.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 05:28:31 PM »
If I remember correctly, they turned up one day claiming to be Argentinian internationals (At least Oscar did), creating great interest and hope in what was a pretty hopeless era. Don't think either of them made it to the first team and both were soon gone, as was our hope.

Offline Tokyo Sexwhale

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2011, 05:45:28 PM »
Was Arce our first "Salifou" - someone relatively unknown but exotic that we can place unrealistic expectations that they might be the flair player we've all dreamed of seeing in a Villa shirt.

See also - Nii Lamptey, Fabio Ferraresi.

Offline Elskidis

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2011, 05:57:11 PM »
I am old enough to have seen him play.

We had a team sheet then that included "Brown, Arce, Hole"  Looks like we may be heading that way again. :)

Offline SashasGrandad

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 07:01:36 PM »
Is that the brother who liked to play practical jokes in the dressing room so ended up being nicknamed

Silly Arce?

Offline pooligan

• Villa till i die
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 08:12:18 PM »
Why not Aitken brown arce hole

Offline Andy_Lochhead_in_the_air

• Location: Upton Park....No, Olympic Stadium....No, Aston Park...Yes that's it,Turf Moor.
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 08:48:58 PM »
Why not Aitken brown arce hole

Mick Wright ?

Wright aitken brown arce hole.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2011, 01:12:09 AM »

We had a team sheet then that included "Brown, Arce, Hole"  Looks like we may be heading that way again. :)

No we didn't.

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2011, 11:53:10 AM »
Yep, he joined as an amateur and actually was better than his brother.
Oscar was 'allegedly' an Argentinian Under 23 International (although his CV seemed a little 'creative') who was engaged to a Scottish girl he met whilst she was on a gap year in Argentina, he came over to the UK with her and was running an antique shop in Glasgow when he thought he'd 'try his luck' and write to Villa.
He had'nt played for two years, was unfit, but could juggle a ball like a circus act, but was hailed as a hero without really doing anything of note, and was bound to fail, his first game a 2-0 defeat at non-league Bedford Town culminated in him being sent off for spitting at an 'over-zealous' opponent, eager to kick lumps out of this skilful foreigner.
He scored a swerving free kick in a Central League game but after just seven reserve appearances and one goal he suffered a knee injury and was carried off to hospital to have an operation and that was the end of Oscar.
His brother, Hector Fullone, was younger, fitter and more attuned to robust challenges, he scored a few goals for the reserves and played more games, but they both returned to relative obscurity back in Argentina when Tommy Docherty arrved at the club.
Interestingly, Luis 'Oscar' Fullone Arce became a respected coach, mainly in Africa, and coached until quite recently.

And the infamous half - back line of Brown, Arce, Hole never actually played together !

Offline Pat McMahon

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2011, 04:38:02 PM »
Oscar was 'allegedly' an Argentinian Under 23 International (although his CV seemed a little 'creative') who was engaged to a Scottish girl he met whilst she was on a gap year in Argentina, he came over to the UK with her and was running an antique shop in Glasgow when he thought he'd 'try his luck' and write to Villa.
He had'nt played for two years, was unfit, but could juggle a ball like a circus act, but was hailed as a hero without really doing anything of note, and was bound to fail, his first game a 2-0 defeat at non-league Bedford Town culminated in him being sent off for spitting at an 'over-zealous' opponent, eager to kick lumps out of this skilful foreigner.
He scored a swerving free kick in a Central League game but after just seven reserve appearances and one goal he suffered a knee injury and was carried off to hospital to have an operation and that was the end of Oscar.
His brother, Hector Fullone, was younger, fitter and more attuned to robust challenges, he scored a few goals for the reserves and played more games, but they both returned to relative obscurity back in Argentina when Tommy Docherty arrved at the club.
Interestingly, Luis 'Oscar' Fullone Arce became a respected coach, mainly in Africa, and coached until quite recently.

And the infamous half - back line of Brown, Arce, Hole never actually played together !

Cracking post Oscar. Was that at the same time as Mwila and Kapengwe too? Did you ever see them play - they were really exotic names to me as a nipper and I so wanted them to be good, in an era where the other Midlands teams were a division above us

Offline Oscar Arce

• Location: Trinity Road Enclosure, just come through the gates for a 6d. transfer from the Witton End grassy bank to buy a Wagon wheel in the Tuck Shop under the stand
« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2011, 04:58:03 PM »

Cracking post Oscar. Was that at the same time as Mwila and Kapengwe too? Did you ever see them play - they were really exotic names to me as a nipper and I so wanted them to be good, in an era where the other Midlands teams were a division above us

Cheers Mahogony !
Emment Kapengwe and Freddie Mwila came later when Tommy Docherty signed them both from the NASL's Atlanta Chiefs after they played in a Summer Tournament in the States that Villa played in.
They both played a couple of games as Villa were spiralling towards the Third Division, and both were completely out of their depth, even for Second Division basement games, in fact I saw them in a couple of Central League games and they looked woefully inept at that level too !
These two, along with the Fullone or "Arce" brothers, sum up Villa's desperation at the time, clutching at any straw to get them out of the mess they were in.

Offline E I Adio

• GM : 09.10.2020
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2011, 05:57:43 PM »

No we didn't.

I've always said that this was an urban myth. Unless my feeble memory has completely collapsed, I'm pretty certain that neither of the brothers played for the first team.

Offline Oscar Arce

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2011, 09:32:36 PM »
Neither did  ???

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal