collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Protest?  (Read 104553 times)

Offline The Man With A Stick

Re: Protest?
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2011, 08:54:21 PM »
I'm all for free speech, but anyone who takes part in this is an absolute knobhead.  Grow a pair and get over it.

Offline gaucho1966

« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2011, 08:54:49 PM »
It's time to man up and take our medicine.

Offline NottingVilla

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2011, 08:55:21 PM »
Nothing wrong with a peaceful protest unless you're happy with the club being run by clueless yanks making mind numbingly dumb decisions. We are customers, we are free people and we are free to protest. I'll be there at 6pm.

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2011, 08:56:54 PM »
Dear oh dear.  Laughing stock here we come. 

Board only have themselves to blame. Don't blame the fans. The board have approached several managers and have been turned down and in desperation are selling a man who relegated Blues twice as the best candidate.

If they went after him from day one it wouldn't be as bad but the whole thing has been a mess that is ending like a car crash.

'The fans'?  I am a fan thanks very much so I won't be blaming myself.  Protests.  FFS. 

Offline Countryside Villain

• GM : 11.05.2016
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2011, 08:58:12 PM »
That's it lads, stick it to the man.  It's just like Egypt all over again.  Bloody leaders eh!

Offline Rigadon

• GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2011, 08:59:08 PM »
Nothing wrong with a peaceful protest unless you're happy with the club being run by clueless yanks making mind numbingly dumb decisions. We are customers, we are free people and we are free to protest. I'll be there at 6pm.

Bet you weren't saying that when they bankrolled Bent were you? 

Being disappointed is one thing, but outrageous comments like that are just silly.

Offline Lobsterboy

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2011, 08:59:31 PM »

I won't.

And can we take a step back and remember we are only interviewing him at this stage; not renaming the Holte End after him.

Offline richardhubbard

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2011, 09:01:46 PM »
Idea a joke

Offline eastie

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2011, 09:02:17 PM »
I'm all for free speech, but anyone who takes part in this is an absolute knobhead.  Grow a pair and get over it.

exactly.

Offline highnamvilla

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2011, 09:02:26 PM »
give it up and get behind the villa - decison is made.I for one like it or not will be there supporting the club, - just think how could it will be if we do actually have a good season and can rub it in the SHA  - fun,fun,fun!

Offline Gerrin

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2011, 09:02:36 PM »

I don't understand why some people are so down on people protesting, in whatever form in may take. This regime have for so long said they listen to the fans, and take their views on board. So surely that is an invitation for the fans to offer an opinion if they feel strongly against something.

Offline sid1964

« Reply #26 on: June 14, 2011, 09:03:37 PM »
Renaming the Holte End - You mean none of you know that due to the loss of revenue from appointing McLeish we are renaming the Holte End ........??

Offline sidcowans10

« Reply #27 on: June 14, 2011, 09:04:30 PM »
I cant decide if a protest is a good idea or not. Yes it will be embarrassing for the club but for how long? Few days at the most? Which if it stops us getting Mcleish will be worth it.

It MAY just make Randy realize that this is a bad bad move.

And as the protests on here and Facebook are in the news anyhow is a physical protest any worse?
As long as people are behaved and rent a chavs dont turn up then maybe its a good idea?

I could be swayed either way!

Offline fitzy

« Reply #28 on: June 14, 2011, 09:05:22 PM »
I can imagine someone penning their ' I have a dream ' speech. Get real and get on with it. If you protest tomorrow, you are a knob and give the Cockney media more reason to make us look bad ( they do not need any encouragement). The minority again will turn us into a whinging laughing stock, dont tar us with the same brush.

Offline TonyD

« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2011, 09:05:27 PM »

I don't understand why some people are so down on people protesting, in whatever form in may take. This regime have for so long said they listen to the fans, and take their views on board. So surely that is an invitation for the fans to offer an opinion if they feel strongly against something.

Exactly.   I think this situation is worthy of a protest.   

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal