collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:47:43 AM]

NSWE Investment by Weedy
[Today at 06:26:55 AM]

Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 06:01:37 AM]

Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 05:02:29 AM]

Peter McParland 90 today by ROBBO
[Today at 04:48:05 AM]

Villa songs on Alexa by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 02:17:54 AM]

Emiliano Martinez - World Cup winner and officially best keeper in the world by Rory
[Today at 01:40:16 AM]

Snooker by edgysatsuma89
[Today at 12:23:15 AM]

Recent Posts

Re: Other Games - 2023/24 by Demitri_C
[Today at 06:47:43 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Weedy
[Today at 06:26:55 AM]

Re: Aston Villa vs Chelsea pre-match thread by ChicagoLion
[Today at 06:01:37 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Bad English
[Today at 05:12:02 AM]

Re: Chris Heck - President of Business Operations by Bad English
[Today at 05:02:29 AM]

Re: NSWE Investment by Axl Rose
[Today at 04:59:04 AM]

Re: Peter McParland 90 today by ROBBO
[Today at 04:48:05 AM]

Re: Villa songs on Alexa by Tokyo Sexwhale
[Today at 02:17:54 AM]

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Media monkeys  (Read 1494 times)

Offline olofmilosevic

Media monkeys
« on: June 14, 2011, 04:29:39 AM »
Like everyone else I have been glued to ssn and every other media outlet like a dog waiting for food, just hoping we get an inkling of whats going on. Every day it's someone new, personally I have stopped paying attention to the utter dross that SSN,talkSPORT and all the others have been coming out with since GH stepped down.  One thing that is getting on my nerves more that the idiots on the radio and T.V. is the villa fans jumping on the media bandwagon and believing EVERYthing they have seen or heard! AVFC have said NOTHING!!! Today everywhere said villa have contacted B-lose, it doesn't say why! they also said that B-lose contacted Villa first how do we know that Villa didn't tell them to Fu*k off !? It's the way RL works he keeps his mouth shut until the deal in done look at the Bent and GH deal, no one [really] new they were coming until they were here! RL isn't making a joke of us he is doing his job NONE of us no what he has been doing (unless of course you work for him and in that case throw us a bone!), so when I hear people calling into Tom Ross saying they are going to send back their season tickets and burn all their Villa stuff it drives me mad! It's people like that that are making us look like a joke with zero class!!

If RL appoints a shit manager and we have another crap season those individuals are more than welcome to moan as much as they see fit! But until then and while they no nothing about whats going on it's in their best interest and that of villa to keep their ridiculous opinions to themselves!

Offline robbo1874

Re: Media monkeys
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 04:41:26 AM »
If they are going to conduct all business in secret and say nothing in public until a deal is done, fair enough. But RL and PF need to accept that the media and the fans will speculate about what's going on. I think RL has probably been in the sports business long enough to know this and won't be too upset about some of the stuff being said about the way we're going about things by the fans.

I just hope that they do the right thing by the club and don't appoint MCleish as the manager. If a few of us look a bit daft cos of our reactions to all the speculation when he pulls the rabbit out of the hat, I'll take that. They can't afford to get this one wrong.

Offline olofmilosevic

Re: Media monkeys
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 04:46:05 AM »
I agree with what you're saying, they should have said something to us, even if it's just a "we've got a few irons in the fire,bare with us". I just think some of these extremist views make us look worse than RL and PF not saying anything. my point is they're not saying anything and as frustrating as it is i think we need to just have a bit of faith, in my opinion he hasn't let us down yet!

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal