collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Follow us on...

Author Topic: Kyle Walker last night for the U21's  (Read 4007 times)

Offline Villafirst

Kyle Walker last night for the U21's
« on: June 13, 2011, 01:39:25 PM »
I watched most of last nights Spain v England game. KW was really outstanding - Martin Tyler kept saying how well he was playing. Do you think this deal will happen now? - I feel it won't which is a great shame. Worries me that the squad is now smaller with NRC, Friedel, Young and KW all gone. Not sure 'Arry will part with KW now anyway - I felt there was a better chance with GH there of us trying to sign him.

Offline Reuben

Re: Kyle Walker last night for the U21's
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 01:47:11 PM »
Didn't see it, but I imagine the new manager will have therir own ideas about full-backs.  I think Luke Young and Walker would be good right backs in our squad.  Just need to sort out the left side.  Would fans give Beye and Warnock a second chance if the new manager would?

Offline LeeS

• GM : 12.01.2025
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 01:58:19 PM »
Didn't see it, but I imagine the new manager will have therir own ideas about full-backs.  I think Luke Young and Walker would be good right backs in our squad.  Just need to sort out the left side.  Would fans give Beye and Warnock a second chance if the new manager would?

I wouldnt give Beye a chance after seeing Walker play all season. That's the standard we're looking for. Beye was an awful, awful signing.

Offline Holy Trinity

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 02:18:00 PM »
I watched most of last nights Spain v England game. KW was really outstanding - Martin Tyler kept saying how well he was playing. Do you think this deal will happen now? - I feel it won't which is a great shame. Worries me that the squad is now smaller with NRC, Friedel, Young and KW all gone. Not sure 'Arry will part with KW now anyway - I felt there was a better chance with GH there of us trying to sign him.

reddnapp said friday and yesterday that hes a special player and will NOT be sold anytime soon

Offline Hookeysmith

• GM : 06.02.2025
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 02:20:05 PM »
Did not see the game but if he was as good as some have said then unfortunately Bagpuss was there to watch it live

so i do not think Kyle will be ours anytime soon  :'(

Offline UsualSuspect

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2011, 02:21:27 PM »
Beye is a mid table fizzy pop player at best.

and to think he'll have cost us 8 million

Offline Rick_avfc

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2011, 02:48:48 PM »
I heard on the radio that he had a really good game.  I have a feeling that 'arry will keep him or place a ridiculous fee on his head which will out price us.  I'd love to see back in a villa shirt

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2011, 06:23:44 PM »
Walker looked the same as he ever did for Villa = outstanding going forward, out of position quite a lot when it came to defending. Got in a few good last-ditch tackles though. Against Spain he was well above average so yeah, he did well.

Offline richard moore

• GM : Jan, 2013
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2011, 06:31:09 PM »
Didn't think he was outstanding at all - he had a good'ish game, couple of decent crosses and runs, that's all. His performance was naturally embellished by the dross around him though, of which Henderson stood out as £16m well wasted....

Offline curiousorange

• Chris Stanley's Bazaar
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 08:14:39 PM »
Didn't think he was outstanding at all - he had a good'ish game, couple of decent crosses and runs, that's all. His performance was naturally embellished by the dross around him though, of which Henderson stood out as £16m well wasted....

Well, yeah, he wasn't in the same class as say, Dani Alves, but for the game he was playing I thought he was top banana. Completely agree about Henderson, though because we don't understand the genius of Kenny it's possible we've missed the point...

Online Somniloquism

• GM : 06.12.2024
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 09:50:27 PM »

Well, yeah, he wasn't in the same class as say, Dani Alves, but for the game he was playing I thought he was top banana. Completely agree about Henderson, though because we don't understand the genius of Kenny it's possible we've missed the point...

Pay well over the odds for young players who might have potential. Hmmmm.

(On a related note to that point, I see Bebe might be going to Turkey for £2mil if Fergie is lucky and that is only because he has "played for Manure" on his CV that over inflates the price. )

Offline The Left Side

« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2011, 10:04:23 PM »
I hope we get him back here in time for the new season, maybe melty face will move on or forget about him with his impending court case coming up?

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal