collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The AVFC Brand Package  (Read 4848 times)

Offline AsTallAsLions

The AVFC Brand Package
« on: June 11, 2011, 02:32:50 PM »
Remember these? Sent out back in '06. For some reason I have 2 of them.

I was flicking through the fancy little brand book today and it garnered a few laughs. Here's a quick sample:

"We aim to compete in the Champions league in the coming years. We also want to fill the stadium week-in and week-out and to create the infrastructure to support a top club." Richard FitzGerald, Chief Executive Officer, AVFC

[Now you could say a few things about this. You could say that the rise of Man City was unforseeable, and that it derailed our hopes of that 4th CL place, but then you'd have to deal with the Spurs factor; we could have been there. Re: the stadium, you could say that the economic downturn was also unforseeable, and that if it hadn't happened, Villa Park would still be rocking. But we all know that's not true either.]

Here's one from our fearless leader: "I'm here to help give this football club the chance to compete properly for the top trophies and European football is something we definitely want back here, particularly given the club's European history." Martin O'Neill, Manager, AVFC

[This one doesn't even bear comment.]

Sad, really.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
Re: The AVFC Brand Package
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 03:23:54 PM »
You certainly are. Do you intend to write a new "Villa are shit" story every day?

Offline cdbearsfan

• I still hate Bono.
  • GM : 03.02.2025
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 03:38:02 PM »
Spurs play in London and can charge £60 a ticket. The recession affects London less. They caused it, we're affected by it.

As regards O'Neill's comments... we have played in Europe since then and we have competed for trophies. One quarter-final, one semi-final and a final is competing for trophies by anyone's standards.

What you moaning about?

Offline rutski

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 07:50:38 PM »
i am fed up big time with the negativity!

oldham away 1989 ish, quarter final fa cup, 3 - 0 defeat on the plastic pitch. Thank god the moaning fuckers stayed away, we were shit but still we love our club and sang our hearts out for them!

if you are in this for the glory, get off the boat, we dont have much glory but god, we have had some fun trying to get it!

Offline lovejoy

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 07:55:49 PM »
Spurs play in London and can charge £60 a ticket. The recession affects London less. They caused it, we're affected by it.

As regards O'Neill's comments... we have played in Europe since then and we have competed for trophies. One quarter-final, one semi-final and a final is competing for trophies by anyone's standards.

What you moaning about?

Indeed - here in the south east the economic downturn is less likely to be felt than in the rest of the country. Also attracting foreign players to live in London is a much easier sell than to live in the Midlands.

Offline The Moose

• GM : 03.08.2016
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 09:25:32 PM »
Oldham, Oxford, Bolton. You could add Everton, Tranmere, Chelsea and Liverpool to those semi-final set-backs.

But after all, it's the Villa, isn't it? Do it the easy way? That'll be the day!!!

The "Villa Brand?" Ha, we make it up as we go along!

ATAS - if you're that negative after a couple of weeks of speculation, you really nee to chill out for a while ;-)

Offline villa `cross the mersey

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 10:40:42 AM »
Currently the brand has no manager, no sponsor and no kit.........try marketing that !!

Hardly the stuff to shift season tickets.

Offline not3bad

• GM : 15.06.2022
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 11:00:03 AM »
Sad, really.

Is it?  What would you have wanted them to say at the time?  And did you take it for granted when they said these things that they would automatically happen?  And that no mistakes might be made along the way?

Offline JUAN PABLO

• http://www.scifimafia.net
  • GM : Aug, 2014
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 11:25:57 AM »

oldham away 1989 ish, quarter final fa cup, 3 - 0 defeat on the plastic pitch. Thank god the moaning fuckers stayed away, we were shit but still we love our club and sang our hearts out for them!

if you are in this for the glory, get off the boat, we dont have much glory but god, we have had some fun trying to get it!

we even loved Bernie Gallaher  .... ;-)

Offline Ross

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2011, 11:29:14 AM »

we even loved Bernie Gallaher  .... ;-)

Steady!  Things were never THAT desperate!

Offline Rioch is King

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2011, 11:33:47 AM »
Bernie gave it all he'd got and was wearing a Villa shirt - what were we supposed to do, take the piss?

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2011, 12:26:06 PM »
It wasn't Bernie's fault we had no-one better for two years.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 11:48:03 AM »
You certainly are. Do you intend to write a new "Villa are shit" story every day?

Do you intend to make snide remarks every time someone has an opinion that doesn't wash with yours?

No wonder you have a terrible reputation amongst Villa fans outside of this board, and a fair few on.

Offline AsTallAsLions

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 11:56:26 AM »
What you moaning about?

Mate, there are people on here who spend all day moaning. They criticize the board, they criticize the players, they criticize the press - and when we have one, they criticize the manager.

I'm not on here often but I came on to express my disappointment in the club and the empty rhetoric we were fed 5 years ago when we actually find ourselves right back where we started. And of course the Woodhalls of the world can't handle it and have to turn up the insults.

Since the McLeish story broke you'd swear the sky was falling. If you think you're all carefree and laid-back in comparison to the comments I've made on here, then you're absolutely 100% deluded. Right now, this place is like a chicken coop when the foxes are out to play. At least my criticisms go beyond "How would I feel if McLeish was appointed? Fucked off, that's how I'd feel."

Online dave.woodhall

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 07:24:26 PM »
What you moaning about?

Mate, there are people on here who spend all day moaning. They criticize the board, they criticize the players, they criticize the press - and when we have one, they criticize the manager.

I'm not on here often but I came on to express my disappointment in the club and the empty rhetoric we were fed 5 years ago when we actually find ourselves right back where we started. And of course the Woodhalls of the world can't handle it and have to turn up the insults.

Since the McLeish story broke you'd swear the sky was falling. If you think you're all carefree and laid-back in comparison to the comments I've made on here, then you're absolutely 100% deluded. Right now, this place is like a chicken coop when the foxes are out to play. At least my criticisms go beyond "How would I feel if McLeish was appointed? Fucked off, that's how I'd feel."

You just hit right at the top of the ironyometer. But well done on getting some attention.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal