collapse collapse

Please donate to help towards the costs of keeping this site going. Thank You.

Recent Topics

Follow us on...

Author Topic: The reporting of the current situation  (Read 22285 times)

Offline madirishvillain

Re: The reporting of the current situation
« Reply #75 on: June 11, 2011, 01:21:06 AM »

i live in northern ireland and the papers over here dont excactly paint us in a great light over this and what axe would they have to grind with an English football club?

Northern Ireland.....MON

I believe I can see a reason, even if you can't

yip that would be right, everybody in northern ireland loves MON

i believe i can see a big hole in your argument, do you know anything  about the history of this country?

Online olaftab

• GM : 12.06.2024
« Reply #76 on: June 11, 2011, 07:57:50 AM »

Villa attracts all this hostility the way a respectable woman in a street full of prostitutes does.

Well said Brian however I would like Villajk to confirm if she has ever been in this position and suffered the hostility as you mentioned?

Offline German James

• The Limpets
  • GM : 13.02.2025
« Reply #77 on: June 11, 2011, 10:54:19 AM »
The club can't win.
If Hughes is to be our man, we (and the media) will have to wait till July to even approach him and, however much they wanted to, they can't comment before then. Hughes went out of his way to say that no-one had approached him- as is right and proper. Whelan fucked-up the Martinez business for us.
Other candidates have ruled themselves out (Moyes, Ancelotti) at least in public, so any deals must happen in secret, so again "No comment".

The fact is that it's silly-season where football's concerned and the media will print/broadcast/tweet absolutely ANY speculation as fact.

Offline Sam Smith

« Reply #78 on: June 11, 2011, 11:34:18 AM »
Lets face facts! The club is in crisis! Irrespective of spending heavily on a proven striker we had a poor season by our standards and finished without any degree of tangible sucess. We are millions and millions in debt with spiralling wage costs putting our future in jeopardy, in fact without the billionaire owner we might be in administration already. Many of our players are past their prime and those who are not are being linked with moves away from the club! Our best player is probably leaving and we have STILL not confirmed a new manager whilst many of the big players in the league are spending heavily. We have been linked to managers of a similar ilk to those we are used to so its unlikely that we are going to really improve on recent seasons.

Depending on perspective and just how brainless or sensationalist I want to make the article I could be speaking about Villa or Chelsea in the usually sloppy generalised terms of most of the sporting media. They are creating the story as the club have not said a great deal and there isnt a lot else to write about.

We will get a manager commensury with the position / club. We will finish between 6th and 10th hopefully a cup run with a side  comprising some new signings playing decent football with many players coming from our academy.

This may not be an exciting prediction  but it can be backed up by much of our recent history.

Crisis! What crisis? Ignore the media, they are c£$%" who invariably peddle ignorant nonsense.

Online Clampy

• GM : PCM
« Reply #79 on: June 11, 2011, 01:04:05 PM »
Randy has been absolutley slaughted in the Daily Star this morning and let off lightly in The Sun i thought. We're not coming across that well at the moment, not that it matters that much, although if Randy was to pull a pleasant surprise out of the hat, it would be very nice.

Offline pablopicasso_10

• studio eleventytwelve
« Reply #80 on: June 11, 2011, 01:08:59 PM »
the meeja know fuck all, and they dont like it so invent shit to spoonfeed the moronic braindead general public zombies who cant think for themselves and then regurgitate the meejas nonsense as their own gospel latest opinion...

Offline Dribbler

« Reply #81 on: June 11, 2011, 01:30:22 PM »
Lets face facts! The club is in crisis!

Sorry but i fail to see how the few "facts" that you go on to state add up to the club being in crisis, without that is adding a large dose of negative supposition and whipping yourself into a self induced hysteria.

Online dave.woodhall

• Location: Treading water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry.
« Reply #82 on: June 11, 2011, 01:31:11 PM »

Sorry but i fail to see how the few "facts" that you go on to state add up to the club being in crisis, without that is adding a large dose of negative supposition and whipping yourself into a self induced hysteria.

Read the whole post. It's a spoof.

Offline Dribbler

« Reply #83 on: June 11, 2011, 01:37:11 PM »

Erm, my post was a post ironic spoof on a spoof then!  :-[

Offline Damo70

« Reply #84 on: June 11, 2011, 01:43:08 PM »
The media throw a name in as the man we want and when it doesn't happen within 24 hours they then report that he's turned us down. The only thing we know for a fact is Martinez declined to speak to us and we only know that because his boss decided to make it public to suit his own agenda. As for Martinez decision showing us in a negative light, do you not think it was more to do with the fact that he guessed he wasn't favourite/first choice so didn't want to ruin his relationship with Wigan fans by kicking off next season as the man who went for another job and failed to get it.

Offline Sam Smith

« Reply #85 on: June 11, 2011, 03:06:36 PM »

Erm, my post was a post ironic spoof on a spoof then!  :-[

Quality :)

The media throw a name in as the man we want and when it doesn't happen within 24 hours they then report that he's turned us down. The only thing we know for a fact is Martinez declined to speak to us and we only know that because his boss decided to make it public to suit his own agenda. As for Martinez decision showing us in a negative light, do you not think it was more to do with the fact that he guessed he wasn't favourite/first choice so didn't want to ruin his relationship with Wigan fans by kicking off next season as the man who went for another job and failed to get it.

I think RM has made the right decision. He might go on to become a quality manager but at the moment he is better off staying at a club where he has excellent working relationships and learning his trade properly. The hysteria is media driven.

He could take the Villa job, fail and cost himself similar or better opportunities in the future. He is a young man and I am yet to read anywhere (from the club) that he was our first choice. I think we conducted 5 interviews last time then went for GH.  I am sure the process will be similar this time.

SimplePortal 2.3.6 © 2008-2014, SimplePortal